Illini Football 2016

drillini

Lindenhurst, IL
Really solid job by Lovie in that interview. No question he represents the university well and I am happy to have him lead the football program. Whether it translates into wins we shall see but certainly an excellent start with the coaching hires and the positive face of the program he brings.

Speaking of tickets --- what type of attendance are we expecting for game 1? As I recall, Lovie's impact on season ticket sales was just a couple of thousand. I would expect much more of an impact on single game ticket sales.

Is 45,000 a reasonable guess? (Hoping for 55,000!)

The ticket office sold nearly 2000 season ticket packages within 48 hours of the hire, not 2000 tickets. Packages can be anywhere from 1-8 seats. Again that was just the first 48 hours, not from time of hire to now.

Which players are going to redshirting? I assume many of the freshman will.
Will any seniors redshirt? This would help with depth for next year and bring more of a balance to next year's senior class.

This there any website that track this sort of thing for all college football teams?

Which players are going to redshirting? I assume many of the freshman will.

Almost all the freshmen will redshirt. Harding might be ready to help out, but I think we have enough depth at LB to avoid that. Nation might have to play at RB, let's hope not.

Will any seniors redshirt? This would help with depth for next year and bring more of a balance to next year's senior class.

Can't think of any instances of this happening, why would they want to do that? There are probably only a handful that would be able to take a redshirt and most of those guys are going to be counted on for this season.

Can't think of any instances of this happening, why would they want to do that? There are probably only a handful that would be able to take a redshirt and most of those guys are going to be counted on for this season.

I am not saying any of this examples will happen, but

TE Ainslie Johnson may not get a lot of playing time. On the depth chart, he is behind Andrew Davis and Tyler White, (is he behind Caleb Reams?). Next year he might get more playing time.

How often will Connor Breannan play this year. Next year he might have more playing time.

I am not saying any of this examples will happen, but

TE Ainslie Johnson may not get a lot of playing time. On the depth chart, he is behind Andrew Davis and Tyler White, (is he behind Caleb Reams?). Next year he might get more playing time.

How often will Connor Breannan play this year. Next year he might have more playing time.

Brennan might start, at the least he's likely to be in the rotation. From some of the camp reports, Johnson is also getting a lot of reps with the starters.

Almost all the freshmen will redshirt. Harding might be ready to help out, but I think we have enough depth at LB to avoid that. Nation might have to play at RB, let's hope not.

Harding hasn't set himself apart from the rest of the freshman lbs so he may redshirt too iits the speed of the game and learning curve

Brennan really has no chance to start right now.....if I were him I'd redshirt and switch to center for a start at next season

breadman

Herndon, VA
Just took a look at ESPN's initial top 25 college football teams for this season. Very disappointed not to see us at 25 all due to the Lovie effect.

And they have made UNC #22. Would be nice to knock them down a notch.

Lunts gonna hafta have a Ryan mallet type sr season for us to be successful... Itll be lots of single back......like they did with mallett and Nile Davis....used that h-back super back quite a bit...watch the OSU Arkansas cotton bowl from a few yes back that's how our offense will be

The Pontiff

Chicago, IL
Lunts gonna hafta have a Ryan mallet type sr season for us to be successful... Itll be lots of single back......like they did with mallett and Nile Davis....used that h-back super back quite a bit...watch the OSU Arkansas cotton bowl from a few yes back that's how our offense will be

And for that to happen, the O-Line will have to stay healthy. They may b able to get by with an interior guy going down, but they need to keep their tackles on the field. Not much playable depth there, at least for in the B1G.

Now I do like the depth on the defensive front, which should keep those guys fresh. If they're as good as I think, then they will mask a lot of issues behind them. I'm anticipating opposing QBs not getting much time which should mean that the secondary won't have to extend its coverages beyond a few seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought Family Pack tickets for NC. My son has never been to a game, my daughter was 2 when she was last at one, and my niece and nephew have never visited U of I at all - can't wait! Hard to beat $127 for 10 of us, including $50 of concessions.

It also offered me $10 tickets for Murray State.

ILLINIFAN2

Des Moines, IA
I just bought Family Pack tickets for NC. My son has never been to a game, my daughter was 2 when she was last at one, and my niece and nephew have never visited U of I at all - can't wait! Hard to beat $127 for 10 of us, including $50 of concessions.

It also offered me $10 tickets for Murray State.

We were thinking about that as well (coming in from out of state with 2 children) but my only reservation with these tickets is sitting on the east side, late evening with sun glare. Are you able to pick what seats you want or are you at the mercy of what they give you?

What they give you. The ones we have are west main 131. Row 26. We have 10 people so I'm sure we were a bit limited on options.

BZuppke

Plainfield
So I think I'll be very happy with a bowl and one Big Ten upset.

So I think I'll be very happy with a bowl and one Big Ten upset.

Yes. I'd be THRILLED to see us take down either Nebraska, Michigan, or Wisconsin on the road and MSU or Iowa at home. I'm thinking we should be able to handle Purdue, Rutgers, and Minnesota. Northwestern may an interesting match up.

:chief::shield: