Illini Football 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think of the new football facility as an apt metaphor for the current state of the program. Right now all you see is a bunch of dirt and big holes and girders, but the plans sure look better than the building we had before. And it appears the project manager and construction foreman are not the types to cut corners.

Of course, we won't really know what we've got until construction is nearly complete.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Thank you for this, one quote got me to spill my kool-aid;

"S&P+ projects the Illini to win early games over Kent State and WIU but then projects them as at least a six-point underdog in every remaining game."
This analysis is way off, S&P+ only projects us to lose to Minny by 5.9 points! :D
It definitely puts a damper on hopes of winning 5 or 6 games, though. :(

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Getting out of the basement is about defying these sort of expectations.
Yes, I agree, but expectations seem to set the baseline. For instance, on the basketball side, many posters seem to feel that preseason expectations are predictive of our final record and that optimistic posters are unrealistic. I am hopeful that we can exceed expectations on both fronts.

Yes, I agree, but expectations seem to set the baseline. For instance, on the basketball side, many posters seem to feel that preseason expectations are predictive of our final record and that optimistic posters are unrealistic. I am hopeful that we can exceed expectations on both fronts.

I just feel that given the number of starters we have returning, along with improvement at QB, if we have the real-deal staff that I believe we do, it's going to show in a marked jump in competitiveness this year. It's not even so much the record as this being a year where we shouldn't look like roadkill against anybody anymore.

Deleted member 654622

D
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31591-1390415811-33.gif

A lot rides on QB play chnk

I have been told that Bush looks good! I'm also been told all the incoming quarterbacks have talent! I believe just the added depth at QB will aid in the winning of more games!

breadman

Herndon, VA
There's no way it can be worse. We were 125th of 129 teams in Passing Efficiency last year.

With all the bad news due to the lack of production from the QB position last year, it would nice if that could be reversed this year with 4 QBs coming on board all at once to have a major positive impact.

It's not even so much the record as this being a year where we shouldn't look like roadkill against anybody anymore.
Makes me think of 2006. Record was bad (2-10), but we were within 6 at #18 Wisconsin and within 7 vs #1 Ohio State. Obviously, I'd love more than 2 wins this year, but seeing us competitive against quality competition would do wonders for the program going into 2019.

I have been told that Bush looks good! I'm also been told all the incoming quarterbacks have talent! I believe just the added depth at QB will aid in the winning of more games!

Bush isnt even on campus and if he was he couldnt practice with the team.

Uh didn't he tell Jeremy Werner that he WAS on campus? You sure your not thinking of Samba Kane?

Hmmm. I was told he had to leave campus. If Werner said hes on campus then I guess he is. But I imagine there was a reason he had to clarify that.

Hmmm. I was told he had to leave campus. If Werner said hes on campus then I guess he is. But I imagine there was a reason he had to clarify that.

Eh it doesn’t matter. We don’t need anyone on campus in the summertime anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.