Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldnt we have a commit by now?

Maybe. Staff has to be selective on taking kids given the smaller than usual number of schollies, but we have missed on several targets that we obviously would've taken. Would've been nice to get one of the many in state kids that have committed in the past few weeks.

TMC999

Not Iowa
Can someone please check that we didn't accidentally yank the cord out of the socket on the CB machine? This is boring. I thought I was on IU's site with all of this "activity" (insert cricket noise)

FT35

Naperville
Everyday I come to this site hoping to see that someone has committed and everyday I leave disappointed. See you tomorrow! :wave:

Seems like it may be fair to say that this coaching staff has a very unique recruiting strategy..one that seems to be a clear departure from what we are used to seeing as a fan base..

Seems like it may be fair to say that this coaching staff has a very unique recruiting strategy..one that seems to be a clear departure from what we are used to seeing as a fan base..

Yea seems that way. They aren't pushing kids for commitments.

I think Lovie's first commit last year happened in late April, so I would assume we start picking up steam shortly.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Yea seems that way. They aren't pushing kids for commitments.

I think Lovie's first commit last year happened in late April, so I would assume we start picking up steam shortly.

Let's hope so. 12 of the top 20 in-state recruits being off the board already makes me uneasy.

Let's hope so. 12 of the top 20 in-state recruits being off the board already makes me uneasy.

Meh, we don't have a whole lot of ships to give. We need to be picky early. If we have to fill ships with projects later 50-70 in Fla, Cali and Texas where we have some connections is probably still >= 10-20 in Illinois.

FT35

Naperville
Huge! We needed this so badly. Welcome to the Illini. Coran will be perfect for this offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.