Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Bro def has some closing speed!
Yeah, that's what really stood out for me too. Good football instincts / reads also. Doesn't over pursue, trusting his closing speed. I like his size too. 6' 2" allows him to put on 15-20 without much adverse effect. I'll take a 6' 2" 235/240 lb linebacker any day of the week.

Is there a movie on this flight?
Elmhurst
Actually love them pursuing Randolph and Moses as more project-like DE's. Bring them in, redshirt them, build the technique, get them a few reps in 2020. Unleash them in 2021 after Roundtree, Gay, etc. leave.
+infinity

That's how big boy programs roll. Staff stocks the cupboard, kids have a couple years as understudies, while they become monsters, hopefully.

Not sure how much spots we have for project DEs. Looks like they are going for the higher ranked players now. Like the players you mentioned, once again it is a numbers game of how many spots to give at that position.

Not sure how much spots we have for project DEs. Looks like they are going for the higher ranked players now. Like the players you mentioned, once again it is a numbers game of how many spots to give at that position.
I agree, but Lovie's (and really a lot of experts) is to build from the line back, on both sides of the ball. We for sure need to add some LBs! But, when your Dline is dominating the football game, your LBs and DBs become twice as good. So I say 'stack em!'

Who else is on campus this weekend besides Randolph? The mayor was on wdws Friday and said he thinks we have a great shot at both players, just not sure when they are going to be ready to commit. I didn't take it as EJ being the second player. Would not think he would comment on him.

Is there a movie on this flight?
Elmhurst
Who else is on campus this weekend besides Randolph? The mayor was on wdws Friday and said he thinks we have a great shot at both players, just not sure when they are going to be ready to commit. I didn't take it as EJ being the second player. Would not think he would comment on him.
I think Randolph was a one day visit, in concert with a school function.

Last edited by a moderator: