Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Bryce's comments in this article indicate that he may recommit:

https://writingillini.com/2018/10/1...e-childress-still-eyeing-illini-landing-spot/

“No visits for other schools,” said Childress, “Illinois is the only school I want to be a part of.”

“My next move is to join the Illini family again,” said Childress.

“Isaiah and I are going to come take over the Big Ten,” said Childress.
I really hope that they can straighten things out and get him back on board. This could be another Joseph Thompson situation where the kid makes an emotional decision but things get ironed out in the end.

Last edited:
Little Rock, Arkansas

https://writingillini.com/2018/10/1...e-childress-still-eyeing-illini-landing-spot/

I really hope that they can straighten things out and get him back on board. This could be another Joseph Thompson situation where the kid makes an emotional decision but things get ironed out in the end.
Wow...what an odd turn of events.

So was the decommitment just the “HEY, WAKE UP AND CONTACT ME” message he was trying to send to the coaches? (Or maybe AHS in particular?)

Glad the staff is getting this ironed out. We need all the playmakers we can get. Can't wait for Cumby to be returning kicks too! The 19 class is gonna be LIT!

I don’t follow recruiting in either sport too closely, but this is pretty bizarre, right? Decommit, then in the same week essentially say you’re still committed, without any sort of official recommitment? Waahhhht?

I feel like the prettiest girl in high school said she’d go to the prom with me, then said she wouldn’t, but in the same breath said she might. I’m so confused!

I don’t follow recruiting in either sport too closely, but this is pretty bizarre, right? Decommit, then in the same week essentially say you’re still committed, without any sort of official recommitment? Waahhhht?

I feel like the prettiest girl in high school said she’d go to the prom with me, then said she wouldn’t, but in the same breath said she might. I’m so confused!
Seems more like he dumped the prettiest girl for various reasons but then after looking around realized he made a big mistake and there was nothing better out there.

Seems more like he dumped the prettiest girl for various reasons but then after looking around realized he made a big mistake and there was nothing better out there.
Dont think that's it at all considering the other school he is most interested in isnt p5. Someone was in his ear hating on Illinois and he fell for it before realizing that person didnt have his best intentions.

On the Jeremy Werner show earlier this week, he points out that Rod Smith's former QB Khalil Tate at Arizona is going to be eligible for a Grad transfer next year. Remember he had a lot of Heisman hype in preseason with what he did in Smith's offense last year. Now under a new system, his numbers suck. Rod Smith and him have a great relationship.
I am not saying, but if he did come... WOW what a shot in the arm that would do for the program. We would be REALLY good for that one year. AND all the other QBs would get an extra year to develop as well. Starting MJ as a redshirt sophomore is A LOT better than a redshirt freshman

Little Rock, Arkansas
On the Jeremy Werner show earlier this week, he points out that Rod Smith's former QB Khalil Tate at Arizona is going to be eligible for a Grad transfer next year. Remember he had a lot of Heisman hype in preseason with what he did in Smith's offense last year. Now under a new system, his numbers suck. Rod Smith and him have a great relationship.
I am not saying, but if he did come... WOW what a shot in the arm that would do for the program. We would be REALLY good for that one year. AND all the other QBs would get an extra year to develop as well. Starting MJ as a redshirt sophomore is A LOT better than a redshirt freshman
Plus it would give us a year to see what we have in Isaiah Williams.

It’s fun to dream. =D