Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 654622

D
MB is already beloved by Illini Nation. He started all of this buzz and has been so active in recruiting other '19 prospects & it's only been 10 days. If he somehow sells 2 or 3 of his crew (Sorrells, Curry, Young, Murray, Ellis, Anderson) on joining him in the O&B, this could be the greatest class in our history.:ms:

I really hope the tweet by Young needing to get out of Texas is real. Perfect timing for Young to hope in the car with Beason on his official visit in 2 weeks. Maybe have Fab, Isaiah and Shammond there as well!!!!!

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I really hope the tweet by Young needing to get out of Texas is real. Perfect timing for Young to hope in the car with Beason on his official visit in 2 weeks. Maybe have Fab, Isaiah and Shammond there as well!!!!!

+infinity

However, long distance OVs are via plane. But, yeah, if we can swing an OV out of Young (Houston to CU is a looong road trip), we'll have a shot. And if he does visit, it'll be great to have a big contingent of commits in CU to bond with him.

Deleted member 654622

D
The timeline goes perfectly with what Mike55 said on here a week and a half ago. And the movie clip emoji commonly means he is releasing a commitment video....but he has never came out and said "I am committing Friday" I would say if he does not commit Friday, A LOT of people are going to be pissed :D

Correction: I listened to the Tay and Carp podcast and JWerner was on there. He stated that Isaiah shot his commitment video last night and will be committing on Friday

Deleted member 654622

D
Uhhhh.....Beason is taking an OV to Ohio St??:confused::confused:

The spokesman for Littyville should not set foot in Ohio.

I am sort of on the other side here. I think the best case scenario is these top 100 talents actually see what other top national title contender have to offer, and then still say "nah, Illinois is actually better". That goes a long way with the player while he is with us and a long way when having conversations with other top players.
Scary? Yes. But can be a great thing
Hell there is a tweet that came out recently that is a short video of Beason, Young and another top 100 kid all at Texas A&M together.
https://twitter.com/iambobbywolfe1/status/974860591054585857

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how many scholarships we have available for this class? Or how big this class will be?

I am sort of on the other side here. I think the best case scenario is these top 100 talents actually see what other top national title contender have to offer, and then still say "nah, Illinois is actually better". That goes a long way with the player while he is with us and a long way when having conversations with other top players.
Scary? Yes. But can be a great thing
Hell there is a tweet that came out recently that is a short video of Beason, Young and another top 100 kid all at Texas A&M together.
https://twitter.com/iambobbywolfe1/status/974860591054585857

He was always taking other visits.

A great opportunity to recruit guys to Littyville in person

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
Uhhhh.....Beason is taking an OV to Ohio St??[emoji782][emoji782]

I could not believe reading that myself. He’s going to take an OV there and watch their spring game. This is the day after I reached out to his cousin on twitter like he’d asked. I feel like a monkey dancing on a string and he’s the accordion player. I hope and pray Marquez still signs with us, but don’t think this is good news. I really hope my concern is misplaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Trinity Catholic hired a former mizzou player and teammate of Barry Odom as their head coach...

I could not believe reading that myself. He’s going to take an OV there and watch their spring game. This is the day after I reached out to his cousin on twitter like he’d asked. I feel like a monkey dancing on a string and he’s the accordion player. I hope and pray Marquez still signs with us, but don’t think this is good news. I really hope my concern is misplaced.

If you're used to basketball recruiting, you'll find taking visits elsewhere after committing is fairly commonplace in football by comparison. Doesn't make it less nerve-wracking, but it doesn't necessarily mean bad news.

illinidarrin

from parts unknown

The kid drove from Dallas to Champaign to announce he is committing . I heard that he slept in his car as well. I think that is dedication enough for him to stay committed. he has been our biggest recruiter as well. That doesn't sound like a kid wavering at all. It's a free trip, why not go?

Deleted member 654622

D
The kid drove from Dallas to Champaign to announce he is committing . I heard that he slept in his car as well. I think that is dedication enough for him to stay committed. he has been our biggest recruiter as well. That doesn't sound like a kid wavering at all. It's a free trip, why not go?

Trip, nice meals, experience all free. Yes I think he should take advantage of it

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
https://twitter.com/Ezmoneyquez/status/976470724755034112

Beason still doing his thing!

Can't really see us being outdone on this recruitment. We are not the total underdog on that list for once....

Maybe I’ve just seen one too many missteps in the past (especially in BB). Ya’ll are right, as long as he’s still recruiting for us, it’s a good sign. Just picturing him at a Buckeye spring game still makes me a bit jittery.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Lovie & Co. have an impressive track record of hanging on to recruits so far. If Friday goes how we hope, I won't be too worried.

Maybe I’ve just seen one too many missteps in the past (especially in BB). Ya’ll are right, as long as he’s still recruiting for us, it’s a good sign. Just picturing him at a Buckeye spring game still makes me a bit jittery.

I think its healthy to be skeptical. And, for Beason, turning a program around is the highest coin in the realm. This doesn't mean that he won't face peer pressure, hear from other coaches, read too many articles and flip.

But, I can assure you that Lovie and co has done everything to ensure this recruit sticks. They didn't press him. They didn't want him to commit until he was sure. They wanted to even wait until he was done with visits or anything else. But he was unwilling to wait. He wanted to build the program. I have faith that this will stick. And with each week, every recruit that comes on board, will make it harder.

But he is 17/18, we won't know for sure until signing. But Beason is the one I am least concerned about.

Deleted member 654622

D
I actually think if IWilliams commits Friday, he is the least one to be concerned about. But he will be wooed big time all summer. Just as Beason and others we might snag will. But I agree, the stronger and more recruits we get, especially the ones that have developed a relationship with each other, the more likely they sign that LOI to ILL!

Deleted member 654622

D
I tell you what, Friday, if/when Isaiah commits to ILLINOIS, twitter is going to BLOW UP!

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I actually think if IWilliams commits Friday, he is the least one to be concerned about. But he will be wooed big time all summer. Just as Beason and others we might snag will. But I agree, the stronger and more recruits we get, especially the ones that have developed a relationship with each other, the more likely they sign that LOI to ILL!

Agreed, getting Isaiah Williams increases their chances of keeping Beason, and also increases their chances of getting Washington, Childress, Cooper, and Henry. Would also love to get Bargy relatively soon to start building a little momentum in-state.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
The current goal for commitments:

Marquez Beason
Isaiah Williams
Jason Bargy
Shammond Cooper
Ira Henry
Nick Broeker
Fabian McCray
Joseph Thompson

Get these guys, then you can become serious contenders for guys like Jahleel Billingsley, Kyren Williams, Marcus Washington, Tyler Nubin, Erick Young, and Jaquaze Sorrels

Status
Not open for further replies.