Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,851      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Whatever - he is trash his whole family is trash & you are trash for not trashing him. Our revenue programs may be trash but fandom is life. It's trash like this that is keep us from being more than trash. One day we will rise but you will all still be trash.

For the record - this response was all trash & I hope it made u laugh!
Ahmf.gif

#2,852      
We only have 8 days until the early signing period starts. Which recruits are we still targeting? Any dark horses we should keep an eye on? Any suspicious Twitter activity? (ie players starting to follow current Illini players or coaches?

#2,853      
I think most of the current commits are signing in December. They are also trying to get a big target left on the board up for his last official visit this weekend.

#2,858      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Love to see the likes of Moses & Keith anchoring our DL of the future. Let's go get him!
Those two guys might help us have one of the tallest D lines in all of college football. Two 6'7 dudes plus perhaps a duo of Roundtree (6'5") and Julian Pearl (6'6"). Taller than the average height of our basketball team!

#2,871      
Looks like we had one PWO commit tonight - Matt Judd WR from LWE (great program to build relations). I saw one of our other PWO offers, Paul Fay OL from Hononegah decided to take an offer with Wheaton college instead of testing D1 waters

#2,872      

FT35

Naperville
We only have 8 days until the early signing period starts. Which recruits are we still targeting? Any dark horses we should keep an eye on? Any suspicious Twitter activity? (ie players starting to follow current Illini players or coaches?

Shammond, Mathis and Randolph are probably the three biggest targets left for the December signing period.

Shammond won't announce until January but could sign in December. If he doesn't go on any visits this weekend I would think he's going to pick us.

The fact that we get the last visit with Randolph and that he didn't commit to MSU on his visit there is good for us. We've been in on him for a long time, however, and he still hasn't pulled the trigger yet. Really need to lock him down this weekend.

Mathis probably won't end up here but we're desperate for a MLB so we can go back to the 4-3-4 instead of a 4-2-5 so we'll leave that scholarship open.

We only have 16 scholarships available and 10 commits at the moment so I doubt we'll see a surprise pick up on signing day like Sydney Brown or the late push we had for a guy like Kerby Joseph. It honestly appears like the staff has been extending more 2020, 2021 and 2022 offers since the season ended.

There's still guys like Dominic Moore and Rajae Johnson who won't sign until next year and we still need to keep scholarships available for possible transfers like Thomas, Tate, Ford etc.

Last edited:
#2,873      

FT35

Naperville
Looks like we had one PWO commit tonight - Matt Judd WR from LWE (great program to build relations). I saw one of our other PWO offers, Paul Fay OL from Hononegah decided to take an offer with Wheaton college instead of testing D1 waters

Good pick up from a quality program.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5681596/5b941cc45ca9400f2c9d492a

No D1 offers that I can see but I think teams were recruiting him as a QB before his Senior season:

https://247sports.com/college/north...akes-a-visit-to-North-Dakota-State-116970546/

#2,874      
Good pick up from a quality program.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5681596/5b941cc45ca9400f2c9d492a

No D1 offers that I can see but I think teams were recruiting him as a QB before his Senior season:

https://247sports.com/college/north...akes-a-visit-to-North-Dakota-State-116970546/

Good film. Seems to catch the ball well and he even catches punts! Now we have both he and Fedanzo coming in that I’ve seen both do well in return game. Love that he also included clips of his downfield blocking. Seems like a great use of PWO from both sides

#2,875      
Good film. Seems to catch the ball well and he even catches punts! Now we have both he and Fedanzo coming in that I’ve seen both do well in return game. Love that he also included clips of his downfield blocking. Seems like a great use of PWO from both sides

Second that - awesome film. Seems to have a strong sense of when there is a play to be made (e.g. his casual hurdle), phenomenal hands (e.g. that one handed stretch grab on the sideline, or the bobbling tip drill catch on his back), and outstanding outstanding blocking skills for a receiver. There really aren't many limits in terms of what this kid could become for the Illini, he could get playing time his first or second year. Can see him having success on special teams and as a blocking WR, and think he will certainly earn a scholarship during his time in the O+B. Great PWO get by Lovie and the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.