Illinois Football Uniforms

I'd also like to see us bust out the Bears alternate look for some big home game (B/O/W).

chi-05-11-orange-iconsmi-vert-620x930.jpg

Last edited:

KJKobs

Chicago, IL
My initial reaction is a downgrade, but I'll wait to see it in full to judge.

My guess would be that this means we're going stormtrooper on Saturday, which isn't one of our better looks, IMO. WWB and OWO are much better road combos.

Storm troopers indeed

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    769.5 KB · Views: 319
I dislike the white helmet only slight less than I hate the white pants. I get that I'm probably in the minority here but I hate it when we do looks like this. Literally any team in the country could do all white if they wanted to, anybody. I know that my hopes of Illinois ever having signature look are probably just pipe dreams but I want something the average joe fan could be flipping through the channels and know Illinois when they saw it. This fad of all white/grey/black is just boring. Why even have school colors anymore? It seems like we're doing everything we can to not have them for the sake of looking "fresh". I don't mind different looks every once in a while but is it too much to ask for to have standard (say 80ish% of the time) home and road looks? Ones that actually convey that we are, in fact, Illinois? /endrant

Dude, this is about the kids. The ones playing in the game and the ones who are considering the beloved. There are some combos I hate too, and then I realize it's not about me.

W/W/W is an absolute classic look. Would like W/X/W as the standard combination.

Stevegarbs

Mokena, IL
W/W/W is an absolute classic look. Would like W/X/W as the standard combination.

Classic for who? Our colors are ORANGE and BLUE. What is this obsession with white?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic for who? Our colors are ORANGE and BLUE. What is this obsession with white?

Our white helmet is the best one by far. Isn't even close. Our orange helmet sucks. I dont care what uni combo we use as long it's our white helmet. It either needs to stay that way and have it as our one primary helmet for like 90% of games or get the orange helmet re done and use it. I would just like us to have one helmet that everyone knows us by. Like all the great programs. I mean Michigan is still rocking basically a 100+ year old design.

It catches the eye more. It's a clean look. The players and recruits like it. The point of the rebrand was to help us inject some excitement into our look, the all white football unis and silver basketball unis do that.

Couldn't agree more. The white lid is growing on me, but the white pants I've always hated since the zooker days. Too SEC and ACC for my taste, not that it matters so much but almost everyone in the B1G wears colored pants at home (except for the teams with only 1 school color like Wisky and psu) and we've got some of the best ones! I've always loved Blue on Orange at home and White on Blue on the road. Because of that I was really sad when we didn't have the blue unis for the first year of the rebrand.