Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like Jones and Ramey, but Kane and Walker would make more difference in the short term (particularly if Black leaves).

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
And as a 70-year old rookie, what is your preference: Kane or Walker?

giphy.gif

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
I would like Jones and Ramey, but Kane and Walker would make more difference in the short term (particularly if Black leaves).
A big like Kane is more important than Jones or Ramey because of our talent distribution problems. Just like Ebo (#510 nationally ranked in HS) was arguably our 2nd most valuable freshman this season.

haasi

New York
And as a 70-year old rookie, what is your preference: Kane or Walker?

A+

I do not know that I’ve seen a better dad joke on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future Walk-On

Peoria, IL
https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/971442578368409601?s=19

:puke:

I only put this in this thread because I feel the "home away from home" in the graphic is about more than just the SEC Tourney this week. Something we(Illini and fans) are gonna see and hear a lot when it comes to recruiting.

Nauseating for all of us STL area Illini fans.

Would make it all that much sweeter of somehow Ramey and/or Liddell came to UI.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Crazy they are doing it in STL just like the MVC...

Im working on getting off of work early Friday so I can personally ask Ayo if he is going down to visit Jones on his visit. Morgan Park vs Bogan Friday night at 7. I will have on my Bogan T shirt, but I will still try to get a picture with him. Ill be sure to post info about the game.

Im working on getting off of work early Friday so I can personally ask Ayo if he is going down to visit Jones on his visit. Morgan Park vs Bogan Friday night at 7. I will have on my Bogan T shirt, but I will still try to get a picture with him. Ill be sure to post info about the game.

Insider!!!:)

Ayo tweeted that he's going to try to get down to see Jones this weekend.

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
Sounds like a tough kid both mentally and physically. Would be worth at least a look, I would think.

DaMonte had a major knee injury and he seems to be doing ok.
Toughness doesn't help the team if you're sitting on the bench injured. He's a 6'9" center with absolutely no outside shot. I'll repeat, hard pass.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Loren Tate said it will be a while before we know if Black is returning. He also said Kipper is definately returning. TeJon is 50-50 and Matic is gone.

Walker would defintely be worth looking at for his spot then.

Loren Tate said it will be a while before we know if Black is returning. He also said Kipper is definately returning. TeJon is 50-50 and Matic is gone.

I'd guess from that the Lucas will stay around if we don't sign another PG, i.e. Ramey, which seems unlikely.

Toughness doesn't help the team if you're sitting on the bench injured. He's a 6'9" center with absolutely no outside shot. I'll repeat, hard pass.

Straight from the Writing Illini on his sophomore season:

Against New Mexico State – who made the NCAA tournament last year – Walker finished the game with 11 points and 14 rebounds on 5-fo-9 shooting from the field. Against Cincinnati, he finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds on 4-of-9 shooting from the field. Against Saint Louis, he finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Against Florida State, he struggled scoring but still finished with 4 points and 8 rebounds.
https://writingillini.com/2018/03/05/illinois-basketball-wyatt-walker-grad-transfer-option-illini/
Has two years of eligibility and plenty of time to recover from his injury. And no outside shot? Who cares. We don't need a 5 who can hit 3's. We need a 5 who can rebound, be a presence around the rim on offense, and defend against opposing bigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insider!!!:)
Not at all. lol.. Just a fan. I want Ayo to do well, but my Alma Matter is 2 wins from going downstate. Ill be excited to see Ayo and Miller playing at the same time. Last time I saw Miller he lit it up.

Ayo tweeted that he's going to try to get down to see Jones this weekend.
I hope he does. I was thinking that if Morgan Park wins Friday Nick is gonna have them practicing.. (I mean conditioning) all day Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.