Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,002      

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
If all the rumors hold true, we will have another open spot for a player as well. Or two. Hopefully not though.

#1,003      
Assuming no one leaves, who's at the top of the list? Trice, Jones, or Ramey?

My choice would be Jones but add Trice if Black leaves and/or Ramey for Lucas. Will be difficult if Black takes some time to make his decision which is likely. Really believe Kane gives us a much improved team next year even as a freshman and prefer him to Conduitt, etc. Don't know where a class of Ayo, Griffin, Kane and Jones rank but it is a great class in my opinion because it touches all the bases of need.

#1,007      

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
I've no idea where this Black transfer/leave talk is coming from but, since he's not guaranteed a fifth-year ride would it be untoward for staff to give him a deadline to decide?

No. Then BU can pull out his pistol and blast off his other foot.

#1,008      
If we're still after another big, I wonder if Assane Diouf his former teammate is drawing interest. Would take him over Trice. 7'1 athletic big body center to go along with Ebo, Kane, Matic and possibly Okoro. Matix would be the stretch 4, the others would be your traditional PF/C.

#1,009      
Of the 10,834 International students (Undergrad, Master's & Doctoral), Kane would have been the only undergrad from Senegal this year.

#1,010      
I am not concerned about where this class ranks. I am more concerned about if it fits BU's style and if it is an upgraded, from the current team. The latter: Yes. The prior: BU knows better.

So, by height (span would be a nice stat to add):

Ayo - 6' 4", Trent - 6' 1", TeJon - 6' 1" (3)
AJ - 6' 5", Griffin - 6' 5", DaMonte - 6' 3" (3)
Kipper - 6' 6" (1)
Finke - 6' 10", Leron - 6' 7", Matic - 6' 10" (3)
Samba - 6' 11", Ebo - 6' 9" (2)

One spot still open.

#1,011      

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
Yeah-I don't think were done adding to our class this weekend. Have a really good feeling about Jones. :thumb:

#1,013      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Awesome! If we get the Jones commit this weekend....Illini fans will be like....

tenor.gif

#1,014      
My best friend is the training center director at Sport Enhancement in BN and He said Okoro is the most athletic and gifted big man he has worked with in the area. That includes collegiate athletes too. He said Okoro can take a soccer ball and flip it around with both feet several times and then catch it on the back of his neck. Okoro is a specail athlete for a big man and my friend has worked and trained several over the years. I hope we can land him next year.

Last edited:
#1,015      

t7nich

Central IL
The 247 article mentions that Kane has a promising offensive game, including face up jumper and extending out to the 3 pt line. The highlights I've seen are him mostly blocking shots and dunking.

Anybody know if there's video out there that shows his him shooting jumpers?

#1,017      
The 247 article mentions that Kane has a promising offensive game, including face up jumper and extending out to the 3 pt line. The highlights I've seen are him mostly blocking shots and dunking.

Anybody know if there's video out there that shows his him shooting jumpers?

Samba and Ebo can become the Dunking Duo!!:)

#1,019      

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
I am not concerned about where this class ranks. I am more concerned about if it fits BU's style and if it is an upgraded, from the current team. The latter: Yes. The prior: BU knows better.

So, by height (span would be a nice stat to add):

Ayo - 6' 4", Trent - 6' 1", TeJon - 6' 1" (3)
AJ - 6' 5", Griffin - 6' 5", DaMonte - 6' 3" (3)
Kipper - 6' 6" (1)
Finke - 6' 10", Leron - 6' 7", Matic - 6' 10" (3)
Samba - 6' 11", Ebo - 6' 9" (2)

One spot still open.

Great job on that height research! Where does Tevian Jones fall into that mix if he commits? :hand:

#1,020      

Rad

Nashville, TN
Just watched some videos of Kane. Awesome news!!

#1,023      
I am almost certain that there will be a couple more sports opening up that we don't know about but the staff does. BU likes tenacity and boarding, and that has Trice's name all over it. I would bet he will be in IL Jersey.

#1,025      

Deleted member 4333

D
There were posts that Coach U, Bruce Weber and Dee Brown were out east watching some player. My memory bank is full. What's up with Dee-for-three? Can we get him back? Is he on Weber's staff?

I agree, more good news is coming for Illini basketball soon.

As others have posted, it may be selection Sunday for NCAA tourney teams, but it's selection weekend for players who will help Illinois rise.

Assistant coach at UIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.