Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,876      

Deleted member 10676

D
[FONT=&quot]Anfernee Simons and Ayo Dosunmu were impressive on night one at the NBPA Top 100 Camp[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ayo video at top of article.
[/FONT]
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...1785076-nbpa-top-100-wednesday-top-performers

[FONT=&quot]UIHoopsRecruits has a lot of tweets and links about ILL recruits at the camp and elsewhere--lots of Ayo, Mosely, THT, Ignas, Bazley and others.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/UIHoopsRecruits
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,877      

Deleted member 10676

D
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-camp-kicks-off
Ayo scored 21 on Ramey but Kansas ---
A handful of power programs have begun to prioritize as Illinois, Northwestern, Xavier, and a slew of others remain in the mix, though an offer from Kansas last week could change the complexion of his recruitment. “It was a great offer. That is a blueblood,” he said. “One of my close, close friends, Charlie Moore, goes there. I like the way that they run their program and Coach (Bill) Self, he is a hall of fame coach, and what they do is just tremendous.”

#1,878      

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
#1,881      
Now THAT's an odd statement since we've been told the Illini staff backed off the Moore recruitment because Ayo didn't want to play with him. Strange.

Also heard there was an interview in which Ayo didn't mention an upcoming visit to IL, instead listing Wake, Northwestern, and Xavier among his five visits he'd like to take. I'm getting that familiar feeling with this recruitment. If I had to place a bet here, I'd go all-in on anyone but Illinois.

Keep your chin up.

#1,882      

Deleted member 8213

D
Keep your chin up.

giphy.gif

#1,884      
Kansas offer sure is a blue blood offer, but with Charlie Moore for 2018 and then Markese Jacobs for 2019. I just do not see how Ayo fits in, especially if he is dead set on playing PG in college. Other blue blood offers will come, at this point I am more worried about UK than anyone else.

#1,886      

Deleted member 8213

D
Kansas offer sure is a blue blood offer, but with Charlie Moore for 2018 and then Markese Jacobs for 2019. I just do not see how Ayo fits in, especially if he is dead set on playing PG in college. Other blue blood offers will come, at this point I am more worried about UK than anyone else.

One may say something similar looking at Lucas, Smith, Williams, and Frazier...

#1,888      

Deleted member 8213

D
Pretty sure Ayo won't be scared of that competition (especially since Williams and Smith are combo guards). That said, I'm sticking to my bet that he never plays at IL.

I don't think he would be scared either. The argument was KU is loaded at the position, but I think not as loaded as we are.

The thing with Moore is odd and I interpreted it as some personality issue and not really the fact that they play the same position. Hasn't Charlie always just played like a SG in PG body anyhow?

#1,889      

Deleted member 10676

D
Now THAT's an odd statement since we've been told the Illini staff backed off the Moore recruitment because Ayo didn't want to play with him. Strange.

Also heard there was an interview in which Ayo didn't mention an upcoming visit to IL, instead listing Wake, Northwestern, and Xavier among his five visits he'd like to take. I'm getting that familiar feeling with this recruitment. If I had to place a bet here, I'd go all-in on anyone but Illinois.
I've heard that on message boards but I've never heard that coming from anyone who actually knows the situation. They've already played one season together and both are very well liked players in Chicago so I don't think there is any bad blood between them. I think people may have come to that conclusion to explain why Charlie picked Kansas but I haven't heard anything 'official' about it.
For Ayo, even though I've been told on here that guys like Ayo don't go to schools like Xavier, I still worry about them and/or a blueblood the most. He is always talking up Mack and Murray.

#1,891      
Board opinion, who will have the better college career, Ayo or Mark Smith?
My guess is that Smith will be a better college player but that Ayo has more pro potential. Thoughts?

#1,892      

Deleted member 8213

D
My guess is that Smith will be a better college player but that Ayo has more pro potential. Thoughts?

I'll say Smith based on the completely unsubstantiated assumption that his college career will be significantly longer.

#1,893      

MTMinded

Fatigued
#1,894      
Pretty sure Ayo won't be scared of that competition (especially since Williams and Smith are combo guards). That said, I'm sticking to my bet that he never plays at IL.

Well, to be honest, it's always wise to bet the field against any particular school. And in the case of a top 20 player the field is UK, KU, Duke, UNC, and just about every one in the country.

#1,895      
Well, to be honest, it's always wise to bet the field against any particular school. And in the case of a top 20 player the field is UK, KU, Duke, UNC, and just about every one in the country.

The old bet the field comment. Shocked it took this long to see.

#1,896      
Given Snow covers Indiana, I'm not surprised...

I realize Snow covers IU, and it is only a tweet, but this dishonesty in "journalism" is disheartening, discouraging and just plain wrong. Microcosm of what journalism has becomes.

End of rant.

Thanks Dan for the original interview, which IMO still shows us in the mix. I think Coach Coleman will earn his pay on this recruitment.

#1,897      

t7nich

Central IL

Smith (college and pro-potential). Reasons: height, build, athleticism, passing/facilitating, jump-shot

#1,898      
I realize Snow covers IU, and it is only a tweet, but this dishonesty in "journalism" is disheartening, discouraging and just plain wrong. Microcosm of what journalism has becomes.

End of rant.

Thanks Dan for the original interview, which IMO still shows us in the mix. I think Coach Coleman will earn his pay on this recruitment.

How do you know which one is correct? Could it be that the other one is wrong?

#1,900      

Deleted member 10676

D
[FONT=&quot]Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Updated 2019 Top 100 | 1. RJ Barrett 2. Vernon Carey 3. James Wiseman 4. Charles Bassey | Story: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1785183-updated-2019-top-100 …[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Okoro 34[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whitney 49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Liddell 98[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just a quick run through on my part, sure I missed a few.Other Illinois kids just outside the top 100 - Cowan, Walker, Payton, Brayboy
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.