Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,226      

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
#1,229      

sacraig

The desert
Toilet and Tucson...same number of letters...just sayin...coincidence? :chief:

I mean, if you like living in a paved paradise, enjoy Phoenix. I'll keep enjoying my summer nights that drop down to 85 because we didn't have over everything. That, and we have better mountains down here.

The roads are hell, though, and I can't get over the overuse of speed bumps.

#1,230      
To be fair 'overrated' doesn't mean awful. My close friends and I have a saying:"You have to be good to be overrated" Arizona has some nice qualities, of course.

#1,231      
To be fair 'overrated' doesn't mean awful. My close friends and I have a saying:"You have to be good to be overrated" Arizona has some nice qualities, of course.
Just because there is nothing else to talk about.

I could be rated as the second worst player on a team when actually I am the worst player on the team. I would be overrated, but still bad.

#1,233      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
2 CB's, including Snow, for Terrance Shannon to UI.:thumb:

That's out of nowhere. I haven't even seen news of him taking any visits since he blew up. Maryland also just offered.

I'm still concerned about Shannon's skill-level, but these staffs have seen him a lot more than me and are offering. He is a great athlete. Would be nice to cash in on Chin's MIF connections and grab this kid early. Although I wonder what it would mean for our chances with Whitney.

#1,234      
2 CB's, including Snow, for Terrance Shannon to UI.:thumb:

I think this would be a really good pickup for our team. I watched 2 games in Dallas recently & this kid was amazing. High motor, inside/outside game, good basketball IQ, etc etc. He might not be as highly rated as others but this is the kind of kid that can excel in BU's offense/defense. He stood out at the tournament from the games I watched. Not a big Drew Timme fan from what I saw btw.

#1,235      
Found one on the wall in the bathroom yesterday. Nothing a house slipper cant handle. First one in the house in several years....

Braun doesn't have much time to sort things out. Tucson (or anywhere in AZ for that matter) isn't a bad place to be visiting this time of year. Is Mom making this trip?

WTF...what's the deal with scorpions? People out west seem to treat them like a spider in the house or something. Isn't the bark scorpion crazy poisonous and isn't that the one most likely to be in the house?? I don't know if I could deal with that.

#1,236      
Just throw this out there for the basketball value discussion, a few years old & not sure how they calculate this & some of the teams surprise me a bit, such as having us 14 & Northwesteren 15, then Michigan 16. I wouldn't have guessed us that high, nor NW being anywhere close, nor Michigan behind NW.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/hfjj45ehmk/college-basketballs-mos/#3151526b75b7

I’m not the world’s most brilliant guy, but with $9.4 million in profit for 2015 the team valuation is only $14.3 million? If that’s the ask for the team, I’ll buy.

#1,237      

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
WTF...what's the deal with scorpions? People out west seem to treat them like a spider in the house or something. Isn't the bark scorpion crazy poisonous and isn't that the one most likely to be in the house?? I don't know if I could deal with that.

Most aren't that big of a deal.

https://www.orkin.com/stinging-pests/scorpions/poisonous-scorpions/

My buddy that grew up in Arizona did tell me you learn fast as a kid to shake your shoes out before you put them on in the morning, though... LOL

#1,238      
I’m not the world’s most brilliant guy, but with $9.4 million in profit for 2015 the team valuation is only $14.3 million? If that’s the ask for the team, I’ll buy.

$9.4m in revenue, not profit.

#1,239      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Most aren't that big of a deal.

https://www.orkin.com/stinging-pests/scorpions/poisonous-scorpions/

My buddy that grew up in Arizona did tell me you learn fast as a kid to shake your shoes out before you put them on in the morning, though... LOL

Ha! Yeah, no big deal!

Here's a quick peek at the only Scorpions you'll ever deal with at my house.

hurricane.gif

#1,240      

It would be a long 1.5 years to breakeven :confused:

#1,241      

It’s a fact that 99% of people in Arizona will be killed by scorpions at some point in their life.

So what do people think about Terrance Shannon??

#1,242      
Agreed. AZ is a GREAT state and is hardly "overrated". I love it here in Scottsdale. Just wish there was a Monical's near me lol. Oregano's just isn't cutting it lately. :tsk:

not every part of the Phoenix area is as nice as Scottsdale though

#1,245      
Just because there is nothing else to talk about.

I could be rated as the second worst player on a team when actually I am the worst player on the team. I would be overrated, but still bad.

Context. Different use of the word.

#1,246      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Well, I've been killed 3 times then! P on it, sprinkle some salt on the wound, do a shot of tequila, and wham! Back to world of the living! No worse then a bee sting ;)

This Shannon fellow? Have we talked about him before? The name isn't ringing a bell. I'm off to fire up the internets machine!

Scorpion sting or no, that's exactly how I do tequila shots.

#1,247      

sacraig

The desert

I haven't seen a single one in my house in the past 2 years. Usually if you can keep the cricket population in your house under control, you can mostly keep scorpions out. Crickets are a big source of food.

#1,248      

sacraig

The desert
Scorpions are not that big of a deal out here...ants are far worse and I hate them...

Anyway, anyone know what quicksand is, I hate spiders too....:chief:

Ants are nowhere near the nuisance here that they were when I lived in Texas. At least in my area, we don't have the red imported fire ants.

Status
Not open for further replies.