Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,203      

Jkat00

Champaign, IL
[YOUTUBE]CZ5xsH2HEgE[/YOUTUBE]

giphy.gif

#1,204      

drillini

Lindenhurst, IL
Feeling like Dustin Hoffman this am...."Is it safe?".

Not sure there are too many people on here that know what movie this is from.....it is an excellent movie. Sir Laurence Olivier, a former Nazi dentist in the movie, did not do us dentists any favors with his method of torture!

#1,206      

Foggy Notion

San Francisco
I don't think Sullinger was ever considered a potential one & done in high school was he?

Tilmon will need at least 2 years to get ready for the NBA. Only way he goes one & done is if the draft is very weak on big men

That was also the lockout year in the NBA when several top players chose to stay in school rather than risking a lockout.

#1,207      
Not sure there are too many people on here that know what movie this is from.....it is an excellent movie. Sir Laurence Olivier, a former Nazi dentist in the movie, did not do us dentists any favors with his method of torture!

MARATHON MAN - One of my all time favorites. Also really dig 3 Days of the Condor, French Connection, etc.

#1,210      
I think he's gonna be a bit too raw after 2017 to make the leap--though I thought Leonard was extremely raw even after his soph year and he went pro...
Didn't he leap a bit prematurely for the money? I recall some family member (maybe mother) with some dire health concern that needed dollaz pronto to treat properly.

#1,211      
Didn't he leap a bit prematurely for the money? I recall some family member (maybe mother) with some dire health concern that needed dollaz pronto to treat properly.

You are correct, his mom had a pretty serious health issue that prevented her from being able to work and have health insurance...

#1,213      
Does this help?

Kedric Prince ‏@KedPrince4 4h4 hours ago
Later today Illinois will position themselves with the top half of the #B1G. The conf. is loaded with skilled players & they're keeping up.

Kedric Prince ‏@KedPrince4 3h3 hours ago
Also props �� needs to be given to this group of gentleman as well: @JavonPickett @_Trentfrazier1 @DAWilliams14

FYI, according to http://Rivals.com recruiting rankings, the #Illini are #1 in the #B1G and 12th nationally: https://illinois.rivals.com

Last edited:
#1,214      
You are correct, his mom had a pretty serious health issue that prevented her from being able to work and have health insurance...

Additionally his father was killed when he was young, and his brother was in the military. I still felt like he should've stayed another year... But he probably was at the peak of his draft stock and his situation pretty much made the decision easy. End of the day, his story is great theres a video out there where his brother surprises him after practice one day. I always get something stuck in my eye when i watch it though....

#1,215      
He was.

I have seen Tilmon many times, he is a good player, but he is not on the same level as Sullinger was in HS.

I would disagree with you on this, If your compairing JTs JR year vs Sullingers SR year maybe , but lets wait till this year is over. JT is still filling out and I believe he will have a much better year then last year playing with all really good players

#1,216      

79illinois

Winnetka, IL
Kedric Prince ‏@KedPrince4 4h4 hours ago
Later today Illinois will position themselves with the top half of the #B1G. The conf. is loaded with skilled players & they're keeping up.

Also props �� needs to be given to this group of gentleman as well: @JavonPickett @_Trentfrazier1 @DAWilliams14

FYI, according to http://Rivals.com recruiting rankings, the #Illini are #1 in the #B1G and 12th nationally: https://illinois.rivals.com

To keep with the theme of recounting past IlliniBoard and other Illini events -- all of that is "German"

#1,221      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
Can I ask a "dumb" question? If Tilmon signs, is he a one and done?

It's more what he thinks. Skal Labissiere, Cheick Diallo, Big Cliff, and a few others were all rated higher than Tilmon is now, didn't produce to varying and almost abysmal degrees, but still left after one year.

#1,225      
He would overtake Cliffmas if it wasnt Illinois at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.