Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,526      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, you could add Epperson, he'd give you a chance at top 10.
Epperson would for sure get us into the Top 10. Especially since I think his, Frazier's, and Tilmon's rankings will rise even more this year as they'll get more exposure again this season. I think if DMW plays with more consistent effort this year, his could rise again, too. The talent is there with all of these guys, regardless of ranking.

#1,528      
Epperson would for sure get us into the Top 10. Especially since I think his, Frazier's, and Tilmon's rankings will rise even more this year as they'll get more exposure again this season. I think if DMW plays with more consistent effort this year, his could rise again, too. The talent is there with all of these guys, regardless of ranking.

Williams is being very underrated right now. Everyone needs to remember all the hand wringing over whether we were going to get our legacy recruit. It was for a reason. We are all prisoners of the moment and the further away from his recruitment we get, the more we take him for granted. He's going to impress.

#1,529      

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
For those that aren't sold on the younger Finke. I would take a taller, more athletic, better shooter version of Tom Michael's son(McKendre).

I thought from the moment he hit his 3rd three-pointer that we may just end up with the young Michael kid. I was very impressed! Love his game....dead-eye lefty with unlimited range. I have to think Tom and JG may just end up having a confidential conversation about that. All parties involved would love it!

#1,531      
I love J-Till's all-around game. I am impressed with DaMonte's smoothness, pedigree, and ability to hit a dagger-shot under pressure. I love Javon's size and intensity.

What I am most impressed with of all our '17 recruits is Trent Frazier's ELITE level basketball IQ, great court-vision, and plus athleticism with great size at PG. I think he is grossly underrated and that's even with my orange sunglasses off.

Without a doubt, when it's all said and done, if I was a betting man, I would put money on Trent being the crown jewel of this great class (regardless of adding 1 or two more Top 100 guys)!

I watch a lot of basketball...a sick amount of basketball, and I see something in Trent's game I don't see in most top-shelf high school talent.

#1,532      
I love J-Till's all-around game. I am impressed with DaMonte's smoothness, pedigree, and ability to hit a dagger-shot under pressure. I love Javon's size and intensity.

What I am most impressed with of all our '17 recruits is Trent Frazier's ELITE level basketball IQ, great court-vision, and plus athleticism with great size at PG. I think he is grossly underrated and that's even with my orange sunglasses off.

Without a doubt, when it's all said and done, if I was a betting man, I would put money on Trent being the crown jewel of this great class (regardless of adding 1 or two more Top 100 guys)!

I watch a lot of basketball...a sick amount of basketball, and I see something in Trent's game I don't see in most top-shelf high school talent.

Just gotta put a little more meat on his bones. But I agree with everything else. I am so pumped for Trent. I love watching really good point guards play basketball. And to see what we have with TeJon and Trent..oh boy is it gonna be fun.

#1,533      
This year's class should be very competive with great depth. However next year will still have excellent depth except at 5 but MF can cover that if we get no other big man. Next year should be a faster and potentially better defensive team with almost as good scoring. MF is going to be good this year and better next year. It will be a class of frosh and jrs so 2018 is the year to challenge for everything. I like the direction JG is taking this year by speeding up the pace. He knows the capabilities of this team and will be forced to play a lot of zone. That is good coaching IMO.

#1,534      

Deleted member 51

D
From immense despondency to irrational exuberance, the pendulum has reversed. Recognize this and enjoy the ride.

#1,535      
Didn't know that Frazier was the leading assist guy in Florida for his Soph. year with a little over 7 APG.

#1,536      
Still impatiently waiting for the recruit we maybe getting back in on lol where's the confirmation at.

#1,540      
Well this is the first time I was able to get on IL in the past 48 hours, and it was extremely entertaining reading through 15+ pages knowing that the end result was a positive one.:D

2 questions for y'all. Will Goodwin and Tilmon play each other this season? And to add to that...do they play in the same class to set up a potential state tournament matchup? If I recall correctly, Goodwin plays at 3A...not sure what ESL plays.

#1,541      

Deleted member 8213

D
Well this is the first time I was able to get on IL in the past 48 hours, and it was extremely entertaining reading through 15+ pages knowing that the end result was a positive one.:D

2 questions for y'all. Will Goodwin and Tilmon play each other this season? And to add to that...do they play in the same class to set up a potential state tournament matchup? If I recall correctly, Goodwin plays at 3A...not sure what ESL plays.

They are not in the same class. ESL is a large school. They will play each other at the Highland Optimist Shootout on January 7th. Pickett's team and Damonte's will play in Highland that day as well btw. Edit to add Tim Finke will be there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,542      
They are not in the same class. ESL is a large school. They will play each other at the Highland Optimist Shootout on January 7th. Pickett's team and Damonte's will play in Highland that day as well btw.

Didn't Althoff move up to 4A this year, due to the success factor??

#1,544      
Thanks for the info. Here is the link to the tournament.

http://www.highlandshootout.com/

It would be cool to get a big Illini turn-out for our commits (and show JGood what he's missing out on). Should be some great basketball.

Manual (Damonte) vs. Stevenson (Justin Smith) 6:30 pm
ESL (Tilmon) vs. Althoff (Goodwin) 8:15 pm

Mark your calendars!

#1,546      
Looks like i popped up at the wrong time! My bad Colt, i have not heard anything back yet sir!

I figured but had to give you hard time. Seems like it happens a lot so figured I would join. No matter what all we be adding is cherries or sprinkles at this point to a great class

#1,547      

Deleted member 336259

D
Thanks for the info. Here is the link to the tournament.

http://www.highlandshootout.com/

It would be cool to get a big Illini turn-out for our commits (and show JGood what he's missing out on). Should be some great basketball.

Manual (Damonte) vs. Stevenson (Justin Smith) 6:30 pm
ESL (Tilmon) vs. Althoff (Goodwin) 8:15 pm

Mark your calendars!

I am in if there is a local bar close to the venue so I can watch our beloved (attempt to) take down Indiana first.

#1,549      

Frazier plays faster and attacks the basket faster than anyone in the O&B since Dee Brown. ( I cant think of anyone before Dee Brown who was faster and attacked the basket faster than Dee Brown )

Very, very excited about this class and if Kentucky gets 5 or 6 burger boys and duke gets 5 or 6 and villanova gets 1 or 2 then we end up with a top 5 class I think. Really think this Illini class is way under valued like others have said

:illinois:

#1,550      

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
Damonte and Tilmon schedule next week at Springfield Lanphier

TUESDAY, NOV. 22
6:00 PM - CBC (St. Louis) vs. Brooks (Chicago)
7:30 PM - East St. Louis vs. Champaign Central

WEDNESDAY, NOV. 23
6:00 PM - Lanphier (Springfield) vs. Pekin
7:30 PM - Peoria Manual vs. North Chicago

FRIDAY, NOV. 25
12:00 PM - CBC/Brooks Loser vs ESL/Champaign Central Loser
1:30 PM - Lanphier/Pekin Loser vs Manual/North Chicago Loser
6:00 PM - CBC/Brooks Winner vs ESL/Champaign Central Winner
7:30 PM - Lanphier/Pekin Winner vs Manual/North Chicago Winner

SATURDAY, NOV. 26
12:00 PM - 7th Place
1:30 PM - 5th Place