Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this is said about every lower rated white player that goes to Wisconsin. Particularly if they are from Illinois.

That was Bo's recruiting strategy, scour Illinois for 3-star white guys, then bake them in the Bo-inator for 2 years.

Is Flo one of the more important recruits we've gone after in a while? Considering how important a post player is for next years team?

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Drew Peterson this year has been what everyone thought Tim Finke would turn into.
He's also that late bloomer senior that is going to make a run at Illinois Mr. Basketball as seems to happen every year.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play over the holidays. I saw him a couple times last season and was impressed, but didn't think his all around game and athleticism were quite at a B1G prospect level. He has great length and shooting ability, but is he the kind of athlete BU wants in his up-tempo style? I'm not convinced he is.

I thought I'd seen some article saying Flo had an OV scheduled with Baylor for Jan and was looking to make a decision in Jan as well. But 247 shows a 12/9 Baylor OV. Any certain clarification if the 12/9 Baylor OV went down and if we are indeed his last planned OV?

alamocityillini

San Antonio

Next year were could have the deepest back court in the nation.

1 Tejon/Trent/Ayo
2 Smith/Jordan/Ayo/Trent
3 Damonte/Kipper/Jordan/Smith

Getting another year of Underwood under their belts and we could be looking at a high scoring team with great D. Key will be Big E and Matic developing into rotation players or a big joining the 18 class that can contribute. I know you want to depend on them, but next year will be the perfect year to get a graduate transfer big.

Team Loaded NC‏
@teamloadednc
Follow Follow @teamloadednc
More
2018 6’11 C Flo Thamba on his official visit to Illinois ��������

DRDF6R5WsAA_GWf.jpg

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
It's been said before, but he looks good in O&B. If we could pair him with Ayo, I dare anyone to argue that our program is not on the fast track back...jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.