Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,077      

Deleted member 631370

D
Game was against Wilson HS out of D.C. Maxpreps says they are the #4 team in D.C. The tourney brings 16 of the top HS teams together in Vegas, MP has played one of the toughest schedules in all of the Nation. They have played Findlay Prep, Champaign Central, Simeon, Curie, and L.A. Salesian. The Mustangs will play 4 games in 4 days in Vegas.
Somebody from staff is in Vegas this week, I'm assuming it is OA.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like legit competition.

Wow, Ayo is the real deal.

A backcourt of Ayo, Frazier, and Smith can be absolutely nasty -- with TJL and Damonte, no less.

#1,078      

Deleted member 654622

D
While the competition doesn't look like a world-beater there are several things that we should be really excited about:
- His stroke is unbelievable smooth
- He is comfortable all around the arc
- He looks really solid on the break
- He sees and distributes passes well
- He acts like he's been there before

Can't wait to get him in the O & B! Go Illini!:shield:

I am by no means a basketball expert. But to me it looks like he shoots the ball from his chin. I would think that is going to need to be fixed. Correct me if I am wrong

#1,079      
I am by no means a basketball expert. But to me it looks like he shoots the ball from his chin. I would think that is going to need to be fixed. Correct me if I am wrong
If it works for him and he can get the shot off it won't need to be fixed. The question will be if he can consistently get it off playing against bigger, longer, faster, and better defense.

#1,081      
While the competition doesn't look like a world-beater there are several things that we should be really excited about:
- His stroke is unbelievable smooth
- He is comfortable all around the arc
- He looks really solid on the break
- He sees and distributes passes well
- He acts like he's been there before

Can't wait to get him in the O & B! Go Illini!:shield:

Hahahaha his stroke is improved from what used to be straight garbage but unbelievably smooth is the exact opposite phrase I would use in this situation

#1,082      
Ayo follows up his 60 point performance with 37 pts, 10 rebs, 8 assists and 3 steals in MPHS's win this morning in Vegas Classic. Time to come home after 4 games in 4 days.

#1,089      

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Jones certainly sounds like he's really interested in us. Has to be tough to get a kid in from that far away for an official during his HS season.

Watching his tape, he's got the length and athleticism we need on the wing. He has a really smooth game, can hit the three even if his release is slightly wonky. From what I've seen, he's a significantly better prospect than the other wings we've recently offered.

#1,090      
Jones certainly sounds like he's really interested in us. Has to be tough to get a kid in from that far away for an official during his HS season.

Watching his tape, he's got the length and athleticism we need on the wing. He has a really smooth game, can hit the three even if his release is slightly wonky. From what I've seen, he's a significantly better prospect than the other wings we've recently offered.

Jones is a very nice prospect and would love to land him. Malik Hall is probably the best wing prospect we're after though. Take a look at his offer list

#1,091      

Deleted member 631370

D
Jones is a very nice prospect and would love to land him. Malik Hall is probably the best wing prospect we're after though. Take a look at his offer list

A kid from Kansas with a KU offer?

That's probably why nobody here pays much attention to his recruitment. No sense in even getting hopes up with that one.

At least Jones has expressed real interest.

#1,092      
when the smoke clears from the FBI investigation Kansas may no longer be an option. There's a good chance the college basketball landscape is going to change.

#1,093      

EJ33

San Francisco
Ayo follows up his 60 point performance with 37 pts, 10 rebs, 8 assists and 3 steals in MPHS's win this morning in Vegas Classic. Time to come home after 4 games in 4 days.

Oh my. :D

Remember that time last week when Second & Chalmers said trading Ayo for Conditt would be a "no-brainer?"

:doh:

#1,094      
A kid from Kansas with a KU offer?

That's probably why nobody here pays much attention to his recruitment. No sense in even getting hopes up with that one.

At least Jones has expressed real interest.

Hall is from Aurora.

#1,095      
Oh my. :D

Remember that time last week when Second & Chalmers said trading Ayo for Conditt would be a "no-brainer?"

:doh:

It's kinda like the Bulls trading the 3rd pick of the 1984 draft to the Clippers so they could pick Otis Thorpe and Michael Cage. What would they need another SG for, they already had Quinten Daily?

#1,096      

CoalCity

St Paul, MN

Watch Steph Curry and a few others. Getting the shot off quickly and with a repeatable stroke is the key. Fewer guys are taking the 3 with the classic elevate and shoot at the peak of the jump. A lot of guys barely come off the floor shooting 3's any more. Lonzo Ball starts his shot somewhere around his left ear and is pretty effective.

#1,098      
If Ayo is surrounded by shooters he will be unstoppable. Hopefully we can recruit a couple and/or Damonte and Smith can improve their shooting.

#1,099      

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Agreed. I'd like to be there for his OV (assuming there is one) in January or February. Not too much SoCal in wintertime CU, lol.

But look at the recruits from Florida and Texas... Someone must be keeping prairie winter weather facts from them.

#1,100      

whovous

Washington, DC
My impression is that he plans to finish his HS season, and then worry about OVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.