Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,131      
Funny how every recruit that picks someone else is weird. I thought Nolley, Caselton, and Conditt were very methodical and publically gracious to the coaches that recruited them.

#1,132      
Funny how every recruit that picks someone else is weird. I thought Nolley, Caselton, and Conditt were very methodical and publically gracious to the coaches that recruited them.

Maybe it was because he changed his OV list numerous times or even had the bracket changed? To me Nolley recruitment just had a lot of moving parts and it seemed weird.

#1,137      
Michael O'Brien‏Verified account @michaelsobrien 19m19 minutes ago
More
#Illini fans: Curie people in contact w/Landers Nolley say he’ll stay in the south for college. For same reasons he returned after soph yr.

Guess they were on to something.

#1,138      
UGA now with a 4 star PF signed, along with 4 star Nolley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,140      
I am not at all surprised Nolley picked Georgia. I think there were other factors besides basketball. His family left Chicago to live in Georgia.

#1,143      
I am not at all surprised Nolley picked Georgia. I think there were other factors besides basketball. His family left Chicago to live in Georgia.

It could make sense, some families do not like to get on a plane numerous times in the winter to go watch their kid play basketball games when there's distance, time, and airfare involved.

#1,144      
Mark Smith? DaMonte?
Yep. And those guys should get a lot of love from our fans for staying loyal to the state. I know I'll be rootin my butt off for them from up in C. Can't wait to see them play...along with all of our guys, but particularly the guys that had other good options but chose to be loyal.

Lets hope they pave teh way for others to want to stay loyal - and succeed.

#1,147      
Honestly my 2 favorite high school players from the state in the class and ecstatic to have them, but there was a ton of top 75 talent (Tilmon, Goodwin, J. Smith, Eastern) U of I missed on too.

Clearly, none of those 4 would fit Underwood's offensive scheme.

#1,148      
He’s listed 6’5-6’6 depending on where you look. I like him as much as Nolley based on the clips around here. Extra points for being a bit taller. Solid option after missing on Nolley IMO. BMo said he’s been watching full games, so I’m interested in his take after seeing more. With Euros I think the shooting is expected because of the style of play, but he also seems to have some slash to his game. Looks like a player with a well rounded base set of skills, but room to grow.

Nolley is a legit 6'7" now so no extra points for Val.

Status
Not open for further replies.