Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8213

D
Someone needs to tell THT on twitter that a 7 is perfect after all. Nobody wants a 10, too high maintenance.

Deleted member 10676

D
Prince's answers to those fretting to him about the 7-8.

Kedric Prince‏ @KedPrince4 20m20 minutes ago

Kedric Prince Retweeted Writing Illini
I'll say it 1,000 times Chicago Simeon has been great to Illinois. Those kids are traditionally MENTALLY tough!!

Kedric Prince‏ @KedPrince4 26m26 minutes ago

Just an FYI all student-athletes are different. What some players like others may not. THT is a stud, but not a cheerleader, likes Illinois.

Kedric Prince‏ @KedPrince4 55m55 minutes ago

I didn't get that feeling, said he really enjoyed it and the coaches.

Khadim Sy Leaves Virginia Tech. Isn't VT one of Nolley's final five. The possible resultant playing time could be a selling point.

<http://virginiatech.sportswar.com/article/2017/09/14/khadim-sy-leaves-virginia-tech/>

Of course, Nolley should ask why players seem to be leaving VT.

I agree, just as Nolley should be asking why players are leaving Illinois. I'm sure both schools will have adequate answers. Non factor.

Nolley to Illinois. Feeling good about that one. NO insider information.

Prince's answers to those fretting to him about the 7-8.

Kedric Prince‏ @KedPrince4 20m20 minutes ago

Kedric Prince Retweeted Writing Illini
I'll say it 1,000 times Chicago Simeon has been great to Illinois. Those kids are traditionally MENTALLY tough!!

Kedric Prince‏ @KedPrince4 26m26 minutes ago

Just an FYI all student-athletes are different. What some players like others may not. THT is a stud, but not a cheerleader, likes Illinois.

Kedric Prince‏ @KedPrince4 55m55 minutes ago

I didn't get that feeling, said he really enjoyed it and the coaches.
I think THT is one of those REALLY laid back guys. Not the excitable type that is going to fawn over coaches.

If you look at his list, unless he waits until spring, MSU isn't happening. Kansas isn't happening.

Maybe he is really looking at Iowa State, but they are very unsexy on a national level. Conditt and Griffin aren't exactly pied piper type recruits.

Illinois, with the positionless offense, is really the best fit for him. I have no idea if there are any personal issues between him and Ayo. It's possible he is waiting to see what Ayo does before he decides.

Ayo and Nolley > THT and Nolley

But I'd be excited about both pairs if one of those scenarios is how it ends up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jmilt7

Waukegan
I agree, just as Nolley should be asking why players are leaving Illinois. I'm sure both schools will have adequate answers. Non factor.

Nolley to Illinois. Feeling good about that one. NO insider information.

The difference is that none of the Illinois players who left were actually coached by BU, so there is no actual personal experience with BU whereas Buzz Williams has been with the Hokies something like 3 or 4 years and he apparently has had quite a few transfers. That's what I have heard. I don't know that for a fact as I basically follow Illinois. But the players who left were coached by Buzz. There was a poster on here, maybe still is, who works or worked at VT and could hear the basketball practices from his office. I think he said it was not pleasant. I have just heard that Williams can be, uh, difficult. But, of course, I have no personal experience so I am just going by what I have heard.

But I agree with you in general. Non factor. The comment was kind of tongue in cheek anyway.

Last edited:

IllFanInMi

I
:D. Perhaps demanding wasn't the best word choice, but cut me some slack, was on way back from White Sox Tigers game, it was hot, and refreshments were required!

Nothing more to my post that we have a lot of great going for us, I'm confident it will end up well, BUT also concerned as we aren't even registering on 247 site for class rank because we have nobody to rank. Just anxious to see the dominoes fall in our favor!

Interesting article from Henricksen on state of Illinois and University of Illinois recruiting.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports...ive-offseason-hype-stories-seeing-every-year/

Wait- Kezo Brown is committed to Chicago State?!? I haven't heard much about him lately but there was a time that everyone was wringing their hands about everything he and his father said about Illinois. Then he disappeared awhile and now I see he's going to Chicago State. That's a real slide from being recruited by major conference schools.

MTMinded

Fatigued
I actually enjoyed the approach of this article although maybe using the D Rose and the Jabari Parker led Simeon teams as past teams that were hyped due to returning talent and big transfers weren't maybe the bet examples of teams that weren't unbeatable.

I think he meant that the current team doesn't look as unbeatable as those teams did.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Theory: BU is chasing 6-8 players he WANTS and has a good shot at. If he gets less than 3 of them, he's content to wait until Spring rather than lower his standards. That tells me he has confidence that the Illinois MBB brand will be more marketable in six months than it is today. I know I think it will.

Or that we are only losing 1 player from this year's team. I agree.

Interesting article from Henricksen on state of Illinois and University of Illinois recruiting.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports...ive-offseason-hype-stories-seeing-every-year/

good article...one disagreement on this:

'Illinois fans....slightly immune to hysteria over in state recruits'.

Regardless of the history, I think this board shows Illini fans are still highly emotional about the high level in state recruits. Not all bad though...we are passionate about our team.

Deleted member 10676

D
And another change for Landers.

Jake Weingarten‏ @jakeweingarten
2018 Landers Nolley has sent me his new three officials: Virginia Tech: September 29-1 Georgia State: October 6-8 Georgia: October 13-15

Jacob Polacheck‏ @JacobPolacheck
2018 Landers Nolley (@thatbooych3z) tells me that he has set his fifth official visit for Wichita State (Oct. 20-22)

Looks like we're going to have to be continue our patient waiting before the dominoes start to fall.

And another change for Landers.

Jake Weingarten‏ @jakeweingarten
2018 Landers Nolley has sent me his new three officials: Virginia Tech: September 29-1 Georgia State: October 6-8 Georgia: October 13-15

Jacob Polacheck‏ @JacobPolacheck
2018 Landers Nolley (@thatbooych3z) tells me that he has set his fifth official visit for Wichita State (Oct. 20-22)

haha, so much for his bracket...Shockers weren't in his last 8

Status
Not open for further replies.