Jeremiah Tilmon (2017 C) commits to Illinois

Kedric Prince ‏@KedPrince4 Aug 12
Don't focus on the negatives, the cupboard is not bare at Illinois anymore. When you get upset think of this kid.pic.twitter.com/EmtXmsuwSK

CprjsBFXEAEcjE5.jpg

Very excited about Tilmon. I think he can help get some other big time recruits to sign up for the O&B

Glad he is back at estl. Now will have opportunity to see him play a few times. Collinsville holiday tourny should be interesting. Possible Goodwin tilmon matchup as well as Pickett. Looks like estl also has best player from collinsville transferring in. Hope tilmon is eligible this year. I'm sure edwardsville has a staff of attorneys looking into his transfer!!!

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Glad he is back at estl. Now will have opportunity to see him play a few times. Collinsville holiday tourny should be interesting. Possible Goodwin tilmon matchup as well as Pickett. Looks like estl also has best player from collinsville transferring in. Hope tilmon is eligible this year. I'm sure edwardsville has a staff of attorneys looking into his transfer!!!

His parents live in the district and he previously attended the school, so I don't see an eligibility issue here. His reason for leaving ESL (not that it should matter) was totally legit.

618 Illini

Chicago
Collinsville Tourney usually has a few somewhat highly regarded players but this year could certainly be more intriguing for Illini fans given Tilmon, Pickett and Goodwin. Would love to see Tilmon or Pickett take away the reigning tourney MVP from Goodwin.

His parents live in the district and he previously attended the school, so I don't see an eligibility issue here. His reason for leaving ESL (not that it should matter) was totally legit.

It was a joke. Edwardsville gets trandfers all the time and never any issues. Other schools in the conference get transfers and it seems the ihsa comes a calling. If tilmon did want to go to althoff, it would not surprise me at all that they were scared of the edwardsville factor. Edwardsville will be good this year, but with tilmon at althoff they stand no chance.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
It was a joke. Edwardsville gets trandfers all the time and never any issues. Other schools in the conference get transfers and it seems the ihsa comes a calling. If tilmon did want to go to althoff, it would not surprise me at all that they were scared of the edwardsville factor. Edwardsville will be good this year, but with tilmon at althoff they stand no chance.

Understood. Not clear in original post.

This would be a NC contender!

I understand this could never happen, but I hope these three at least realize we would be a NC contender immediately, close to home, and offer a top tier education! Not sure what else they are looking for.
Sigh....Oh well...onward.

ILL.jpg

Extremely doubtful, FWIW.

Maybe preseason top 15. MAYBE.

I appreciate your feedback and most of your insider info. However, it seems like you have been a little more less happy with the Illini lately. I don't know if championship type, but a contender in my opinion with proven point guard being the main question. However, those 3 with our good class along with JCL, Finke, Black, and some other unproven, but talented players in Jordan, the new fresh point guard, Nichols, and DJ is a dangerous team. JCL, Finke, and Black (especially JCL and Finke) is a really good core to build around. Tilmon assuming he makes it is a great add (although unproven), Williams has potential, Pickett does too, and Frazier if we can add him is the type of point we need. I don't expect to add Scruggs/Wilkes, but those two with JCL, Finke, and Tilmon is a lot of talent.

I appreciate your feedback and most of your insider info. However, it seems like you have been a little more less happy with the Illini lately. I don't know if championship type, but a contender in my opinion with proven point guard being the main question. However, those 3 with our good class along with JCL, Finke, Black, and some other unproven, but talented players in Jordan, the new fresh point guard, Nichols, and DJ is a dangerous team. JCL, Finke, and Black (especially JCL and Finke) is a really good core to build around. Tilmon assuming he makes it is a great add (although unproven), Williams has potential, Pickett does too, and Frazier if we can add him is the type of point we need. I don't expect to add Scruggs/Wilkes, but those two with JCL, Finke, and Tilmon is a lot of talent.

You become a championship contender IF and only IF those guys develop and gel together as a team and fill all of the needs a basketball team has, not just when they roll out on the floor together. It takes time, great coaching, and luck.

Teams amass more rivals stars and RSCI rankings than that all the time, multiple, multiple teams per year.

The only time you get just-add-water NCAA title contenders is when you're going 7-8 deep with guys who were top 10 recruits in the nation (which is true of none of these hypothetical Illinois players), and even then, look at a couple of UK's down seasons under Calipari to see that it isn't foolproof.

People underestimate both how much better we should be with the talent we already have and also the distance between that and true title contention.

We're not getting Scruggs or Wilkes, but let's say we did, and add them to Black, JCL, Finke, etc. That should be an easy tournament team and a player in the Big Ten title race, but it's a whole 'nother mountain to climb from there to the National Championship.

You become a championship contender IF and only IF those guys develop and gel together as a team and fill all of the needs a basketball team has, not just when they roll out on the floor together. It takes time, great coaching, and luck.

Teams amass more rivals stars and RSCI rankings than that all the time, multiple, multiple teams per year.

The only time you get just-add-water NCAA title contenders is when you're going 7-8 deep with guys who were top 10 recruits in the nation (which is true of none of these hypothetical Illinois players), and even then, look at a couple of UK's down seasons under Calipari to see that it isn't foolproof.

People underestimate both how much better we should be with the talent we already have and also the distance between that and true title contention.

We're not getting Scruggs or Wilkes, but let's say we did, and add them to Black, JCL, Finke, etc. That should be an easy tournament team and a player in the Big Ten title race, but it's a whole 'nother mountain to climb from there to the National Championship.

I'm not "people who underestimate". I'm people who was ILL all state, have played on the D1 level(92 Colorado) and have coach 12 plus years and know legit talent when I see it. I've seen all three of these guys for 3 plus years. I say NC contender because of the ingredients already present when you season it with that 3 headed Lawry's monster. 9 deep with talented cats? Come on man! (Chris Carter voice) We know it isn't happening, but man what a sell it is. The potential is there.

I don't disagree with you at all and this is really a mute point. I'm just saying on paper a mix of experience and that group of newcomers is a heck of a hall. I agree with you on coaching. I've seen teams with higher ranked stars collectively, but mostly of newcomers or players that did not live up to their rankings. JCL and Finke along with a good point guard and big guy is a heck of a start. Maybe, I"m just wording it wrong, but all I am saying is the mix of at least a couple of really proven players and a mix of newcomers with that type should be considered a more dangerous team that possibly a top 15 team. There are a lot of factors that go into it for sure. I'm just saying on paper, that is a great start and about all you could ask for.

I don't disagree with you at all and this is really a mute point. I'm just saying on paper a mix of experience and that group of newcomers is a heck of a hall. I agree with you on coaching. I've seen teams with higher ranked stars collectively, but mostly of newcomers or players that did not live up to their rankings. JCL and Finke along with a good point guard and big guy is a heck of a start. Maybe, I"m just wording it wrong, but all I am saying is the mix of at least a couple of really proven players and a mix of newcomers with that type should be considered a more dangerous team that possibly a top 15 team. There are a lot of factors that go into it for sure. I'm just saying on paper, that is a great start and about all you could ask for.

It would be a great start. Groce's offense would have the necessary talent to be effective. A word for HS ball: Watch those WB6 cats. Talent everywhere in the QC.

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
I'm not "people who underestimate". I'm people who was ILL all state, have played on the D1 level(92 Colorado) and have coach 12 plus years and know legit talent when I see it. I've seen all three of these guys for 3 plus years. I say NC contender because of the ingredients already present when you season it with that 3 headed Lawry's monster. 9 deep with talented cats? Come on man! (Chris Carter voice) We know it isn't happening, but man what a sell it is. The potential is there.

So with all your experience, IL All State player, college at Colorado and NBA and back to high school coaching I have a question for you.

Do you think that the AAU coaches should have the say so (power) on what all is going on in recruitment over high school coaches and college coaches ??

So with all your experience, IL All State player, college at Colorado and NBA and back to high school coaching I have a question for you.

Do you think that the AAU coaches should have the say so (power) on what all is going on in recruitment over high school coaches and college coaches ??
Lol no NBA. Played with and against more than a few though. (Liberty, Counzo Martin, had to guard Jamie Brandon....smh...no comment) I hate how it is now. AAU coaches have too much influence (in some cases). Then again...I'm an old head. Never played AAU. Prairie State games was our thing. Lol
I played for a IBCA hall of fame coach who taught me the game was more than shakes and hops. High school coaches should have more influence but rarely do. IMHO

Deleted member 3875

D
Another talented PG to feed the Big Guy. Great things on the horizon.