NIT Pregame: #2 Illinois vs #6 Boise State, Monday, March 20th, 8:00pm CT, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
Any idea when the game time/date will be announced?

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Any idea when the game time/date will be announced?

My guess would be sometime early tomorrow. NIT officials and ESPN, knowing the surviving teams, could then work out a schedule for dates, times, and locations for the second round.

My guess would be sometime early tomorrow. NIT officials and ESPN, knowing the surviving teams, could then work out a schedule for dates, times, and locations for the second round.

My understanding is that the game could BE tomorrow.

It's a real pop the trunk operation they're running here.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
My understanding is that the game could BE tomorrow.

It's a real pop the trunk operation they're running here.

Could be tomorrow. That, of course, would be a real dis-service to those who might be thinking about attending. :hand:

I ordered my tickets already. Haven't even seen a confirmation on my email. Scary!!!
Plus would be nice to know when the game is going to be. :)

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Watching the second half of their game last night Boise St. doesn't strike me as a very athletic team. If the Illini can guard the three point line (I know that has been a problem this year) and they can keep their guards from scoring a ton of points I think they will be OK. They are also bigger than the Illini but the guy from Australia just hangs out at the three point line so hopefully Mav can handle things inside.

I'm seeing this game as being tomorrow (Thursday) on various spots, including KenPom's site. But time is TBA.

Is that the best current info that anyone has?

I'm seeing this game as being tomorrow (Thursday) on various spots, including KenPom's site. But time is TBA.

Is that the best current info that anyone has?
I just searched on Google and the schedule that Google pulls up says Monday March 20.

whovous

Washington, DC
Could be tomorrow. That, of course, would be a real dis-service to those who might be thinking about attending. :hand:

If you think it is a disservice to Illinois fans, consider how Boise State might feel about a Thursday game. The team would need to book a flight, travel, and play all on the same day. And if you are a fan who wants to follow the team from Idaho? Fuggedaboutit!

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
I just searched on Google and the schedule that Google pulls up says Monday March 20.

That would certainly be better than tomorrow (Thursday). It would give the fans who want to attend more time to plan, plus no TV competition from the NCAA tournament.

whovous

Washington, DC

The NCAA website still says TBD. Which is TDB, I guess. Monday is the latest the game can be played.

whovous

Washington, DC
Final sentence of Tupper article, FWIW:

" Illinois said it doesn’t expect to play before Friday and possibly not until the weekend."

Final sentence of Tupper article, FWIW:

" Illinois said it doesn’t expect to play before Friday and possibly not until the weekend."

They will play all the NIT games Mon-Wed so not to conflict with Tourney games

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
Ridiculous. I was going to make the trip down because I had this week off. Not anymore. Thanks a lot NIT/ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.