Old Timers Thread

Castle Pines, Colorado
Good point, I sat out a year after having a kid, so '81 became my senior year. Thankfully since it was a really fun basketball season and marked the beginning of Illinois being a force once again in hoops. I was also at the 0-0 tie with Northwestern, as well as Bear Bryant's last game in the Liberty Bowl.
I was at those last two games, too. Been to a few I wish I could forget and those are right near the top. Although I'd been going to Illini games for at least eight or nine years by the fall of 1978, that was opening day of my freshman year as a real UI student. Hot and awful. And while it was cool to be at the Bear's last hurrah, seeing Eason go down three times, Kris Jenner come in for him three times and Jeremiah Castille intercepting him three times was more than I cared to see.

How do we revive this thread? I just love reading these past posts.

Maybe a little trivia: re: Halas Orange and Blue connection, 1963 NFL Championship game.

What does Y.A. as in Tittle stand for and what school did he play for?

I watched a documentary about the Eastland disaster of 1915? in Chicago. Papa Bear was supposed to be a passenger but was running late or something and missed the boat.

I didn't attend Illinois, but daddy did. Still, in 1964 living in St. Louis I found and bought a navy blue ILLINOIS sweatshirt at a sporting goods store. Wore it proudly to counter Missouri Tigers nonsense. Boy, I was a pariah for a while but managed to be elected 8th grade treasurer! Me and money? Benighted voters way back then as now. Kidding.

Anybody home?

Maybe a little trivia: re: Halas Orange and Blue connection, 1963 NFL Championship game.

I watched a documentary about the Eastland disaster of 1915? in Chicago. Papa Bear was supposed to be a passenger but was running late or something and missed the boat.

I didn't attend Illinois, but daddy did. Still, in 1964 living in St. Louis I found and bought a navy blue ILLINOIS sweatshirt at a sporting goods store. Wore it proudly to counter Missouri Tigers nonsense. Boy, I was a pariah for a while but managed to be elected 8th grade treasurer! Me and money? Benighted voters way back then as now. Kidding.

Anybody home?
I’m your Huckleberry.

Anybody home?
Yelverton Abraham(and I didn't look it up)