Pregame: Illinois vs Michigan, Wednesday, January 11th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

whovous

Washington, DC
Tonight's starting line-up could make or break the entire season for the Illini.

Henry Hyperbole

The loss of Nunn's toughness, defense, 3pt shooting and rebounding will probably cost Groce his job.

He might not have been the best defender, but on this team he would've helped. Not to mention we could've had a lineup of TA, JCL, Nunn, Hill, Finke. Thats just sad to think about. People will remember Nunn for his 3 pt shooting but in reality, he was a lot more than that. His energy was inconsistent, but underrated. After the birth of his kid though he dropped off a cliff... Personally and in terms of bball. Might not of been the cause but was a turning point in his UI career.

I just don't see us winning tonight, don't know why but I woke up with a bad feeling about the game this morning. Just feel that Michigan is a poor mans Indiana(too athletic and can shoot 3s).

Tonight's starting line-up could make or break the entire season for the Illini.

Henry Hyperbole

I'm looking forward to Dan's post of the starting lineup a little bit before game time. Think it will be interesting and important. I'm going with
TJL
JCL
MH
LB
MM

That would be a number of changes in the starters. If those changes aren't made, I guess that is interesting too, but discouraging

I just don't see us winning tonight, don't know why but I woke up with a bad feeling about the game this morning. Just feel that Michigan is a poor mans Indiana(too athletic and can shoot 3s).

Nope, we're winning this one. Our march to a First Four loss continues.

Michigan will be like 2-20 from 3 and miss a ton of free throws.

I'm looking forward to Dan's post of the starting lineup a little bit before game time. Think it will be interesting and important. I'm going with
TJL
JCL
MH
LB
MM

That would be a number of changes in the starters. If those changes aren't made, I guess that is interesting too, but discouraging

im going to guess
TJL
JCL
HILL
BLACK
FINKE

subs
TA
AJ
DJW
KIPPER
MAVE/THORNE

TJL
JCL
MH
LB
MM

im going to guess
TJL
JCL
HILL
BLACK
FINKE

subs
TA
AJ
DJW
KIPPER
MAV/THORNE

We should win this one even with a light home crowd. I'd take the 2.5 points.

Groce should start any guys that are committed to defending. If we have less than that, we'll lose anyway, so go with however many you have. More than that, we can even sub!

Nope, we're winning this one. Our march to a First Four loss continues.

Michigan will be like 2-20 from 3 and miss a ton of free throws.

Hope so, just feel like Duncan Robinson will go off on us. Haha the march to the First Four continues. Need to play a complete defensive game and send it inside to Morgan.

im going to guess
TJL
JCL
HILL
BLACK
FINKE

Wow lots of people thinking TJL is gonna start. I'd be shocked. Tracy seems to be a leader on this team. Maybe TJL is first off the bench but to start seems too extreme a move for Groce. The 5 is an interesting position I'm confident MT isn't starting but I'd give MM a 75/25 chance against Finke to start.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
im going to guess
TJL
JCL
HILL
BLACK
FINKE

subs
TA
AJ
DJW
KIPPER
MAV/THORNE

I'd be shocked if Groce (or any coach, anywhere) started Finke at the 5 when he has Morgan available. I'd also be very shocked if Abrams isn't in the starting lineup. Whether he's a PG or not is debateable, he's a leader on the floor and in my eyes the offense flows better when he's in the game, especially with Hill.

Henry Hyperbole

Since its probably going to be a one possession game, the opening tip is likely to decide the outcome.

- Calvin Calamity
(no disrespect meant to poster Calvin!)

Gamefan49

Westville, Illinois
I have no notion on the starting line-up but I would like to see Black in the center ring when we tip off. Seems like we rarely if ever win a tip-off this year and the way he can jump....why not?

I'm guessing:

Abrams
JCL
Hill
Black
Mav

In order of minutes played off the bench:
Kipper
Finke
TJL

Less than 10 minutes for Tate, Thorne, and DJW. No burn for AJ. Hill gets a few minutes at PG. Illini lose by 7.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
I expect a win. 67-62. Michigan is shaping up to be a bottom 5 team in a mediocre to bad B10 this season.

Illinithad

Northeast Missouri
I'd be shocked if Groce (or any coach, anywhere) started Finke at the 5 when he has Morgan available. I'd also be very shocked if Abrams isn't in the starting lineup. Whether he's a PG or not is debateable, he's a leader on the floor and in my eyes the offense flows better when he's in the game, especially with Hill.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think ya gotta go with Mav over Finke to start. And Abrams brings a lot besides his shooting. And I think his shots are going to fall tonight at home against Michigan.

Go Illini!!!

I'm guessing:

Abrams
JCL
Hill
Black
Mav

In order of minutes played off the bench:
Kipper
Finke
TJL

Less than 10 minutes for Tate, Thorne, and DJW. No burn for AJ. Hill gets a few minutes at PG. Illini lose by 7.

Agreed. I don't see him not starting Abrams.

I have no notion on the starting line-up but I would like to see Black in the center ring when we tip off. Seems like we rarely if ever win a tip-off this year and the way he can jump....why not?

Why do people think Black is some kind of jumping jack? He seems at best average to me. He's more Charles Oakley than Jason Richardson.

Status
Not open for further replies.