The 2014 Illini Nike Uniforms and Rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think the Basketball unis are amazing. Im digging the zig zags, im telling you the young guns will love it 2. The white football unis are great also, overall i love it. The baseball unis were to big for the kids haha.

Shief

Champaign Area
The Good -
* Football uni's are nice. Matte finish helmets are sweet.
* I can get on board with the victory shield
* Two-tone treatment of "Illinois" is interesting

The Bad -
* The zig zags remind me of those zubas pants
* All the uni's looked good in artwork but on the athletes themselves...nothing special.

I could be wrong but i thought the orange and blue helmets were slightly reflective or minor metallic

Maybe the lighting made the I look blue because Illinois just posted pictures that had the orange I on both sides of the helmet.

I think it was kind of a metallic-chrome type finish on it which reflected the light in an odd way in the auditorium on video, because it definitely looked blue, but in that pic you can clearly see its orange

No.i called it.its a lighting bolt. Rest of it good for hoops. But way to much going on w the side panel!! Epic failure!!! W the side panel.period.reminds me of depauls.bad! I'm pretty sure however that can b changed in the future. It's not a primary or secondary logo it a design they can an sure will. No fighting illini another epic failure. Jmho

no matter what anyone will say, its not a lightning bolt. its native american imagery.

its plain as day. its only there because we had the Chief

HsvIllini

Alabama
Looks like the orange block I on the white helmet is chromed too? or is the helmet just shiny?

Looks chromed to me:

The Champaign Room ‏@Champaign_Room 1m

"This white is niiiice." -@Donovonn_Young pic.twitter.com/C6fUbLX35i

BlYlSLmCYAAngwm.jpg

Last edited:

colbeck1

Johns Creek, GA
Love the basketball and baseball uniforms. Football isn't bad, but I hate those anodized/chrome helmets. Too trendy and it has already been done too much. At least that is easy to change when the trend dies down.

Silver one or something more???
Josh Getzoff ‏@JGetzoffWICD 58s
Spoke w/John Groce. Told me his favorite jersey isn't available to eyes yet. "We still have some tricks in our pocket." Fighting #Illini?

Lebowski

L
So basically we still have two tone lettering, no Fighting Illini, worse basketball uniforms, the boring Block I, and a really basic secondary logo. Thanks Nike.

Biggest miss, no Fighting Illini jersey.

Oregon can have Fighting Ducks, but we are not the Fighting Illini?

ore-12-fighting-ducks-home-675x380.jpg

typically I would say that the feather motif down the sides is too much but I'll take a Chief reference any way I can get it...and yes it is definitely a Chief reference.

Redfoxdogs

Gurnee, IL
Not the cleanest video on my computer. Hope they look better in action. The athletes looked somewhat embarrassed. Not quite the swagger you'd expect from people that loved their unis.

MikeThomas4Prez

M
Silver one or something more???

Well the silver uni's were tweeted by the Illinois Basketball twitter so I would say those are available to eyes. I still think we get a Fighting Illini one like the ducks have.

colbeck1

Johns Creek, GA

The helmets look better in this pic. Maybe the lighting was making them look worse during the presentation. I guess I will reserve judgement until I see them on the field.

Dan

Admin
RT @ALionEye
Shield variations. pic.twitter.com/wO8Sx9qYiI
Block I variations. pic.twitter.com/DgcIiICYll

BlYlyAdCUAAByP_.jpg

BlYlr4SCMAERmdj.jpg

Dan

Admin
RT @ALionEye
I'm taking a pic of the logos and Tim Beckman's hand gets in the way. That's his favorite. pic.twitter.com/o8LV8HwoaC

BlYlfQiCMAEirHu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.