The Illinois Coaching Staff Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,603      
Ben Miller is our new Tight Ends coach. ILL

#1,609      
Interesting background on Miller. I feel like heā€™s very much a ā€œutilityā€ coach with potential to help in special teams and running backs too. It will be interesting to see how his recruiting pans out, but he appears to be a high character guy.

#1,611      

Deleted member 654622

D
#1,612      

FT35

Naperville
#1,614      
Very strong DL hire imo. Go get a couple more recruiters and we have a very competent power 5 staff....which couldnā€™t be said for the last 8 years?
Someone needs to get some talent from Chicago......he should have contacts in the area. Our Chicago recruiting has been embarrassing.

#1,616      
D-line coach announced:

Poached him from Purdue
It also looks like he has connections in Texas and Florida. That could lead to improved recruiting in both places.
Also like someone mentioned somewhere else, he has 1 year under his belt of studying film on other BIG offenses. That can't be a bad thing.

Last edited:
#1,617      
His degrees are impressive. The Ag degree is cool.

#1,618      

Deleted member 747784

D
Someone needs to get some talent from Chicago......he should have contacts in the area. Our Chicago recruiting has been embarrassing.
yea , thatā€™s the box he checks with hiring him

#1,619      
"Prior to making the move to Purdue in 2020, Jamison spent the 2019 season at Air Force in a similar role, "

Really going after the Air Force coaching staff eh
Belichick has strong ties to the academies, which I could see BB liking the qualities of those very detail and authority minded people. Also the academy coaches are very used to/good at maximizing talent. They have hard requirements and are pulling from less talent than normal schools. So they will probably think Illinois is the land of milk and honey compared to someone coming from say OSU or Miznoz.

All in all I think we are putting together a staff that is good at coaching and okay at recruiting. Which suits Illinois in the fact that we need to pick up under valued kids and coach them up and develop them. Maybe in 5 years we pull 4/5*s but right now this is the staff we need.

Can't wait to see who the STC and LB coaches are. Hoping Bellamy is the WR coach.

#1,620      

altenberger22

South Carolina
Belichick has strong ties to the academies, which I could see BB liking the qualities of those very detail and authority minded people. Also the academy coaches are very used to/good at maximizing talent. They have hard requirements and are pulling from less talent than normal schools. So they will probably think Illinois is the land of milk and honey compared to someone coming from say OSU or Miznoz.

All in all I think we are putting together a staff that is good at coaching and okay at recruiting. Which suits Illinois in the fact that we need to pick up under valued kids and coach them up and develop them. Maybe in 5 years we pull 4/5*s but right now this is the staff we need.

Can't wait to see who the STC and LB coaches are. Hoping Bellamy is the WR coach.
Had never heard this about Belichick and academies, but it's totally logical. I can buy into it.

Precision. Detail. Discipline.

#1,621      

Illinivek23

Gurnee

Will Walters be the DC/secondary? Or will there be a DB coach?

#1,622      

Cook

Richmond, VA
Had never heard this about Belichick and academies, but it's totally logical. I can buy into it.

Precision. Detail. Discipline.
Only thought his ties were to the Naval Academy. Question for the OP- How do the others come in?

#1,623      
What offense does the AFA run? Aren't they famous for the triple option?

#1,624      
What offense does the AFA run? Aren't they famous for the triple option?

It's a spread option offense but they do run a good amount of under center option. Not sure what has to do with the DL other than they will probably be good at playing to their assignments which you have to vs the option and of course they see it every day in practice.

#1,625      

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Exciting to have some younger guys on the staff who have a demonstrable upward trajectory and appear to be poised to take on bigger roles eventually, either here or somewhere else. Thatā€™s what you want. And our ā€œmehā€ OC has already contributed in helping land a legit DC. Looking good so far šŸ‘šŸ».

Status
Not open for further replies.