Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Transfers Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:06 AM   #51
uofi09
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere.

Colorado state leading scorer, Prentiss Nixon, is transferring,
He is from Bolingbrook.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-rams-transfer
uofi09 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:08 AM   #52
foby
Quote:
Originally Posted by uofi09 View Post

He is from Bolingbrook.

A LOT of really good guards transferring. Not many bigs though.
foby is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:26 AM   #53
Newman
Quote:
Originally Posted by uofi09 View Post

He is from Bolingbrook.

Had more turnovers than assists and his shooting % was in the mid 30s. Some high major needing a scorer will probably reach out but I doubt a good team will.
Newman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:10 PM   #54
BlindLoyalty
"Michael Finke has cut his list of potential transfer destinations to five, according to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein. The Illinois graduate transfer is down to a final five of Grand Canyon, Nevada, Penn State, Stanford and Vanderbilt. Bachelor's degree earned in December, Finke will be immediately eligible after transferring."

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/i...list-five.html
BlindLoyalty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:14 PM   #55
BananaShampoo
Captain 'Paign
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLoyalty View Post
"Michael Finke has cut his list of potential transfer destinations to five, according to CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein. The Illinois graduate transfer is down to a final five of Grand Canyon, Nevada, Penn State, Stanford and Vanderbilt. Bachelor's degree earned in December, Finke will be immediately eligible after transferring."

I'd be surprised if it's not Grand Canyon. PSU would be blasphemy.

Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:14 PM   #56
IlliniJim20
Quote:

Geez, Stanford or Vandy? Congrats Michael! I know which way I'd be "nudging" him if it were my son.

Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:53 PM   #57
TCTORNADO
Quote:

Any word if he'll be announcing the final 1 at the banquet tonight??
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:11 PM   #58
Dan
Admin
Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas tells me he will take an unofficial visit to Bradley on Friday.

Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas tells me he also plans to take an unofficial visit to Milwaukee on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...95388924694528
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:14 PM   #59
illini80
If Finke finds the right fit, he could have a really nice final season. Wish him the best unless he goes to PSU!
illini80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:37 PM   #60
FiveStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini80 View Post
If Finke finds the right fit, he could have a really nice final season. Wish him the best unless he goes to PSU!
Let him go to penn state so we can make him guard p/r with Trent and Ayo.
FiveStar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:06 PM   #61
bigtiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim20 View Post
Geez, Stanford or Vandy? Congrats Michael! I know which way I'd be "nudging" him if it were my son.
Seriously, take the free Stanford grad degree Mike! No comparison between that and Grand Canyon.
bigtiny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:08 PM   #62
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiny View Post
Seriously, take the free Stanford grad degree Mike! No comparison between that and Grand Canyon.
Something about picturing his hair all grown out again with the beard/man bun/etc seems to scream Stanford...lol, or is it just me?
PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:12 PM   #63
bigtiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas tells me he will take an unofficial visit to Bradley on Friday.

Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas tells me he also plans to take an unofficial visit to Milwaukee on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...95388924694528

Like Lucas a lot. Does a lot of things well. Seemed like the kind of guy you'd want to play with. But a great example of the gap between 1st choice and 2nd choice. Zavier Simpson to Michigan on a last minute surprise, Lucas to Illinois.
bigtiny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:15 PM   #64
illinitiger
Quote:
Serge Brin and Larry Page ditched Stanford...is Michael next?
illinitiger is online now Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:21 PM   #65
Obelix
Quote:
Like Lucas a lot. Does a lot of things well. Seemed like the kind of guy you'd want to play with. But a great example of the gap between 1st choice and 2nd choice. Zavier Simpson to Michigan on a last minute surprise, Lucas to Illinois.
Easy to say now, but when it actually happened many Illini fans were convinced we were getting the next Trey Burke and that Beilein panicked and offered Simpson because he was afraid of striking out.
Obelix is online now Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:48 PM   #66
illinibballfan
Yeah. Finke go get a MBA at Stanford and make more money starting in the states working than playing basketball in Europe. Good for him. We're looking for a grad transfer big, is Finke considering Illinois?
illinibballfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:56 PM   #67
TCTORNADO
Finke had 60 schools reach out to him and 15 did in homes. The final 5 are the end result. I knew he would be in demand.
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:59 PM   #68
EJ33
Quote:

Congrats to Finke...that's a very, very easy choice.
EJ33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:04 PM   #69
foby
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ33 View Post
Congrats to Finke...that's a very, very easy choice.
I agree. Nevada.
foby is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:13 PM   #70
NewFan2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Easy to say now, but when it actually happened many Illini fans were convinced we were getting the next Trey Burke and that Beilein panicked and offered Simpson because he was afraid of striking out.
I remember people being happy about Lucas but don't recall anyone bad mouthing Simpson. I'm guessing it was a real small number
NewFan2011 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:21 PM   #71
Illiniguy13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan2011 View Post
I remember people being happy about Lucas but don't recall anyone bad mouthing Simpson. I'm guessing it was a real small number
If I remember correctly, Lucas out played Simpson when we faced off against Michigan last year. Some ppl definitely thought we landed the better recruit.
Illiniguy13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:25 PM   #72
Obelix
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan2011 View Post
I am talking about when Simpson/Lucas committed, but I am not sure were you are reading "bad mouthing Simpson" from my post.
Obelix is online now Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:27 PM   #73
IlliniinIowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiniguy13 View Post
If I remember correctly, Lucas out played Simpson when we faced off against Michigan last year. Some ppl definitely thought we landed the better recruit.
I still think we did. Lucas ran the team very well, great passer and as bad as he was at the FT line, Lucas was WAY BETTER than Simpson. I really liked Lucas, but totally get the move. His minutes here we're going to drastically shrink.
IlliniinIowa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:57 PM   #74
LuvIlliniHoopzInVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by foby View Post
A LOT of really good guards transferring. Not many bigs though.
Sacha Killeya-Jones from Kentucky would be a good get, 610, skilled.
Work with his HS AHC, saw him play several times.

Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:52 AM   #75
illinitiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiniguy13 View Post
I think it was very clear that XS was a higher target...but honestly many were generally thrilled that we got a decently rated PG with TJL and the PG recruiting drought was over.
illinitiger is online now Reply With Quote