Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2012-March 2013)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:35 PM   #5401
ChiCityHoops34
Banned
Location: DeKalb IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonIllini View Post
I am still hearing that OSU thinks they are in good shape w Lyle.
Well OSU, Illinois, and Michigan all felt they were in good shape with KBD in the days leading up to his decision, so you just never know.

Jones/Okafor will be their 2014 class im almost positive. Those two vs an a Illini team with a Lyle/Alexander combo twice a year? Yes please
ChiCityHoops34 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:21 PM   #5402
OrangeAndBlue217
Banned
Location: Decatur, IL
Not to mention each class would have KBD for OSU and we would have Finke. Quite the match up those games would be.
OrangeAndBlue217 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:51 PM   #5403
TCTORNADO
Maverick Morgan with 27 pts on 11 of 13 FG's and 5 of 5 from line. 5 Rebounds.

http://www.gwocsports.com/bkGameStat...?gameid=149792
TCTORNADO is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:33 PM   #5404
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Maverick Morgan with 27 pts on 11 of 13 FG's and 5 of 5 from line. 5 Rebounds.

http://www.gwocsports.com/bkGameStat...?gameid=149792
Why does it always seem that he only gets like 4 or 5 rebounds every time his stat line is posted on here. I'm glad that we signed MM, just curious why it always seems to be like that. I hope he can rebound, because our team desperately needs help in that category.
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:39 PM   #5405
Indicchief
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeandBlue89 View Post
Why does it always seem that he only gets like 4 or 5 rebounds every time his stat line is posted on here. I'm glad that we signed MM, just curious why it always seems to be like that. I hope he can rebound, because our team desperately needs help in that category.
Not sure. We will need to look at other stats too - what % is the team shooting? How many rebounds are available for him? etc.

But, he seems to have a good shooting % himself.
Indicchief is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:55 PM   #5406
OrangeAndBlue217
Banned
Location: Decatur, IL
He grabbed 5 of the teams 19 D rebounds. % wise that seems fine.
OrangeAndBlue217 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:56 PM   #5407
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue217 View Post
He grabbed 5 of the teams 19 D rebounds. % wise that seems fine.
Not bad given how much he is shooting.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:09 PM   #5408
TCTORNADO
If one goes deeper into that MM website, they will see he averages 9.2 rebounds per game. He averaged a double/double for his AAU summer season.
TCTORNADO is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:27 PM   #5409
Smacko
Location: Lexington, KY
MM is scoring very efficiently, which is great to see. It seems like people always want something to complain about with his game. He has been playing great this year and we should be ecstatic that we will have him.
Smacko is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:28 PM   #5410
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
If one goes deeper into that MM website, they will see he averages 9.2 rebounds per game. He averaged a double/double for his AAU summer season.
Okay good. I wasn't meaning to come off as negative, just curious is all.

I'm looking forward to having a big body manning the paint.
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5411
AzIlliniFan
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeandBlue89 View Post
Why does it always seem that he only gets like 4 or 5 rebounds every time his stat line is posted on here. I'm glad that we signed MM, just curious why it always seems to be like that. I hope he can rebound, because our team desperately needs help in that category.
Are you noticing his FG percentage? He rarely misses so he can only rebound his teammates misses. I'm not worried about it to be honest. I'm concerned that when he get here he may end up at the top of the key screening and not be down low to garner any rebounds. But we'll just have to wait and see. He seems to be VERY consistent which I hope sticks with him once he arrives on campus.
AzIlliniFan is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:31 PM   #5412
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacko View Post
MM is scoring very efficiently, which is great to see. It seems like people always want something to complain about with his game. He has been playing great this year and we should be ecstatic that we will have him.
See post ahead ^^^

Not complaining, merely asking a question in which I could be totally off base on. Boy people are sure ready to jump on you on here. :rolleyes:
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:33 PM   #5413
Foo G
Banned
Location: Kirksville, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeandBlue89 View Post
Why does it always seem that he only gets like 4 or 5 rebounds every time his stat line is posted on here. I'm glad that we signed MM, just curious why it always seems to be like that. I hope he can rebound, because our team desperately needs help in that category.
Yeah, seriously.
He should miss more shots so that he can get a few more rebounds.
I would suggest that to him on twitter, but I don't want to get scolded by the volunteer social networking police.
Foo G is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:33 PM   #5414
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
Are you noticing his FG percentage? He rarely misses so he can only rebound his teammates misses. I'm not worried about it to be honest. I'm concerned that when he get here he may end up at the top of the key screening and not be down low to garner any rebounds. But we'll just have to wait and see. He seems to be VERY consistent which I hope sticks with him once he arrives on campus.
I think he'll be just fine.
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:36 PM   #5415
AzIlliniFan
Banned
I've not seen him play yet. Can anyone who's seen a game or two his tell me how he is getting his points? Do they run pick and rolls all game? Is he posting up his man the majority of the time? Dayton did you ever get to that tournament to watch him play? I think someone else on here was going to try and catch a game or two of his as well.
AzIlliniFan is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:37 PM   #5416
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo G View Post
Yeah, seriously.
He should miss more shots so that he can get a few more rebounds.
I would suggest that to him on twitter, but I don't want to get scolded by the volunteer social networking police.
Everyone is a comedian tonight eh?


He isn't going to shoot like he does in H.S. here next year. So the way he is going to impact the game is through rebounding and on defense. I could care less about what his shooting percentage is in a high school game. He is most likely playing against a kid 5 to 6 inches shorter than him. I think he is very good player, and I think he will contribute in the paint next year.
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:44 PM   #5417
AzIlliniFan
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeandBlue89 View Post
Everyone is a comedian tonight eh?


He isn't going to shoot like he does in H.S. here next year. So the way he is going to impact the game is through rebounding and on defense. I could care less about what his shooting percentage is in a high school game. He is most likely playing against a kid 5 to 6 inches shorter than him. I think he is very good player, and I think he will contribute in the paint next year.
Hey, what's wrong with a little humor while we are all sipping a beer while gathered around the laptops here on a Friday night? It's not as if we could all go out and try and pick up some chicks or something!! Hey, wait a minute!!! What a sorry bunch we are

EDIT, sorry, no offense to the Illini gals out there! Hey Dan, how about an IL dating service?? Start a thread, post a bio, a pic and let nature take it's course..

Last edited by AzIlliniFan; Feb 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
AzIlliniFan is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:52 PM   #5418
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
Hey, what's wrong with a little humor while we are all sipping a beer while gathered around the laptops here on a Friday night? It's not as if we could all go out and try and pick up some chicks or something!! Hey, wait a minute!!! What a sorry bunch we are
I'm impressed with your ability to predict my situation. Might I say you are spot on with the beer notion :laugh:

I'm just glad that I that we have a game against Wisconsin on Sunday. Now I have something to watch while ESPN covers every possible nook, cranny, and storyline of previewing the Super Bowl all day.
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:57 PM   #5419
StLouIllini
Banned
Malcolm drops 37 tonight against East St. Louis.
StLouIllini is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:00 PM   #5420
OrangeAndBlue217
Banned
Location: Decatur, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouIllini View Post
Malcolm drops 37 tonight against East St. Louis.
Thats that good stuff.
OrangeAndBlue217 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:01 PM   #5421
othawhitemeat
Malcolm Hill is going to be our best recruit in a long-time. My prediction, but the guy can scorer, is ideal size with solid athleticism for the 2/3 and has a high bball IQ!

Very under-rated recruit.
othawhitemeat is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:14 PM   #5422
cash35
Banned
Location: Easton, Il
Is there any video of maverick? I havent seen him play
cash35 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:16 PM   #5423
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Malcom Hill

That kid is going to be a stud here at ILL. I love how he stayed loyal to the program.

I love how groce brought in a player at every position. One of our biggest problem's the past couple years has been that we don't have a true point guard. I really like Tracy, however there really isn't a true point guard on this roster. We have way way too many combo players. It's nice to actually get a group where the kids have true positions. No more trying to turn shooting guards into point guards. Tate might not every start at Illinois, but he will be a very unselfish and productive pure point guard for us.
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:17 PM   #5424
OrangeandBlue89
Banned
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash35 View Post
Is there any video of maverick? I havent seen him play
youtube
OrangeandBlue89 is offline
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:20 PM   #5425
Foo G
Banned
Location: Kirksville, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouIllini View Post
Malcolm drops 37 tonight against East St. Louis.
It would be cool to see him win Mr. Basketball this year.
I think Parker is going to get a lot of lazy votes based on reputation instead of on-court performance.
Okafor probably deserves a lot of consideration as well.
He's had a monster season so far.
Foo G is offline
Closed Thread
Thread Tools

Forum Jump