Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Closed Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 07:24 PM   #2326
Smacko
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniBrave75 View Post
Well they are going to need some players...
Jeremy Werner Retweeted

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN 14m

Gonna be a tough year for new Ohio State coach Chris Holtmann. Freshman Braxton Beverly granted his release and Derek Funderburk dismissed.
There is a reason they had to put some serious term on that contract for Holtmann. Not gonna be a quick turnaround because the shelf is pretty bare right now and the roster is THIIIIIN.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 09:17 PM   #2327
TriCityBurbs
buckeyes better hope they can replace their s&c coach soon...1 long term injury and they have 7 scholarship guys on their roster...i think Williams/KBD/J'sean Tate nucleus is nice to have though. see them winning...4 games max in conference with a favorable schedule?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 08:18 AM   #2328
Captain Bubbles
I don't know where all this talk about Hill and Goodwin came from, but this needs to be buried. It's all in the past. The focus is now.

Has anyone heard how EJ's visit yesterday went? Hoping for some positive vibes soon.

Old Jul 1, 2017, 08:22 AM   #2329
Captain Bubbles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityBurbs View Post
buckeyes better hope they can replace their s&c coach soon...1 long term injury and they have 7 scholarship guys on their roster...i think Williams/KBD/J'sean Tate nucleus is nice to have though. see them winning...4 games max in conference with a favorable schedule?
For players that have not yet committed and are looking for a place where playing time is up for grabs, Columbus is it. A great coach and playing in a tough conference should also be a big draw. The S&C coach should not be in the discussion. Recruiting players for the upcoming season is their priority.

Old Jul 1, 2017, 08:33 AM   #2330
Johnny Lawrence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bubbles View Post
For players that have not yet committed and are looking for a place where playing time is up for grabs, Champaign is it. A great coach and playing in a tough conference should also be a big draw. The S&C coach should not be in the discussion. Recruiting players for the upcoming season is their priority.
FYP
Closed Thread