Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Iowa 104, Illinois 97 OT POSTGAME

Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:04 PM   #1
Dan
Admin

Last edited by Dan; Jan 11, 2018 at 10:55 PM.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:09 PM   #2
kaptain80
Iowa. Ugh. OK. On to the next one. But first, let's see if this bottle of Scotch is bottomless or not--going to scrub that second half from my memory with the cleaning power of malt whiskey.
kaptain80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:32 PM   #3
Ramrod2010

Ramrod2010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:33 PM   #4
aluma
Banned
We gave up 104 points to Iowa and took the L. This team is just not good which is the first time I've said that this year. We are literally the worst team in the Big Ten.
aluma is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:33 PM   #5
Illiniaaron
People who have been touting how competitive Illinois has been in losing need to realize that it doesn't matter if you lose every time.
Illiniaaron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:33 PM   #6
haasi
Iowa killed us on the boards and shot 40 free throws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haasi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:34 PM   #7
TooHot4Tots
20 minute team. All get the blame.
TooHot4Tots is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:34 PM   #8
westms77
We bad
westms77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:34 PM   #9
Illini Fan in Louisville
Nudge me in 2 years.
Illini Fan in Louisville is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:35 PM   #10
Spoon House
Frazier can't do it all himself, but by golly he'll try.

I wish our team had more heart.

Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:35 PM   #11
Love the Illini
awful and embarrassing losing to Iowa at home they are every bit as young as Illinois. It has been a long time that I have seen a team make as many dumb mistakes as this team does. At some point they need to show they are learning from their mistakes same thing every night. Number of fouls on a nightly basis is awful. Really appreciate how hard they play but at some point there has to be something besides that. Very frustrating game to watch tonight.
Love the Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:35 PM   #12
westcoastillini
Unbelievable

I cannot believe we blow a 20 pt lead at home to lose. I just canít believe it.

I am really wondering when we will get our first victory in the big ten. This is awful
westcoastillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:35 PM   #13
ivwilsoniv
How many B1G quality starters (right now, not future B1G starters) are on this roster?

Current: Black & Frazier, that's it

Underwood is playing with 2 B1G quality starters and some key minutes from Williams. The cupboard is bare, folks. This is going to take a couple years.

Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:35 PM   #14
JFGsCoffeeMug
BU:1 Trash cans:0
If BU can turn around two 0-6 teams in back-to-back years, just put him in the HOF.

Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:35 PM   #15
jbmay83
We're just to thin up front. We need to get a big next year.
jbmay83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 PM   #16
GortTheRobot
I know we are going to get better, but it really hurts to realize that we are the bottom of the BIG in both Football and Basketball. I will continue to try and retain my positive outlook, but this really, truly sucks...and sucks a whole lot.
GortTheRobot is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 PM   #17
icengineer
Banned
This loss pissssss me off more than any other... what the heck is going on here? Start Frazier, Alstork, AJ, Black, and Eboigbodin next game. Holy cow, we aren't this crappy are we???? I hope to see some Underwood magic from here on out....
icengineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 PM   #18
Sizzler22
Up 20+ on the second worst team in the Big Ten and they lose at home.
Sizzler22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:36 PM   #19
uiuc ee 2012
This is completely unacceptable. How can a coach not draw up plays against a 1-3-1? This is like watching John Groce coach. Oh my gosh, they just changed defense; guess we should just pass around the perimeter before chucking up a contested 3
uiuc ee 2012 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:38 PM   #20
Ramrod2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GortTheRobot View Post
I know we are going to get better, but it really hurts to realize that we are the bottom of the BIG in both Football and Basketball. I will continue to try and retain my positive outlook, but this really, truly sucks...and sucks a whole lot.
We've become Rutgers.
Ramrod2010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:38 PM   #21
DB11Headband
I knew this would be a transition year....but Dear God, this is painful to watch. Still not happy with how Smith is being used-he’s playing timid because he is not being used correctly. He’s far too talented to be used strictly as a cutter in our offense. Need to change something, BU. Things clearly are not working!
DB11Headband is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:39 PM   #22
westcoastillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by icengineer View Post
This loss pissssss me off more than any other... what the heck is going on here? Start Frazier, Alstork, AJ, Black, and Eboigbodin next game. Holy cow, we aren't this crappy are we???? I hope to see some Underwood magic from here on out....
No more Finke. He canít defend, he canít rebound, he doesnít t have a post game, and now he canít shoot at all either
westcoastillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:39 PM   #23
mattcoldagelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg88 View Post
I'll just wait here for someone to tell me how much better things are now than with Groce
I am physically ill over that loss, but things are so, so much better than they were with Groce.

@mattcoldagelli

mattcoldagelli is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:39 PM   #24
SycIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyV View Post
BU isnít the problem. Heís doing the best he can with what he has. Clearly he has to play Finke less but what are his other options??
I think Finke needed to play more this game. Sick maybe?

In any case... how did we get so bad at major sports? 0 for the B1G so far this year. How did we get to the bottom of the league in football and basketball? It seems that would almost be impossible to accomplish but, here we are.
SycIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 09:39 PM   #25
IlliniMed
Banned
I don't care if you guys think i'm whinning just to whine. Brad NEEDS to say something about the officiating. Everything that can be done to hurt us has been done.
IlliniMed is offline Reply With Quote