Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 08:16 AM   #976
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinifaninIL View Post
no need to apologize. could very well just be me, but think it keeps a bit mystery/secrecy around Illinois by being selective with posts. Kinda like, "what's going on there?" prompting ppl to dig into Littyville a little more.
Dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 08:24 AM   #977
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post
We made Fred Kelly's top five. Yay?
https://twitter.com/Guhhthatsfredo/s...70426185850882
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwear View Post
I’ve seen this name pop up a bit. But he doesn’t seem to fit lovie a profile for cb: anyone have info?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawicky View Post
What's up with this Fred Kelly kid? Does he have an offer from us? He is kind of strange..
Quote:
My guess is that we see potential in his game, But staff is waiting for a breakthrough by him or to see if we have scholarships
Just by his twitter thread, I think this kid has been begging for an IL offer. He has asked for ways to get in touch with Lovie and Hardy but didn't see any response. He also asked for them to 'follow' him.
He said he was coming on an unofficial visit this weekend but didn't see anything about
He tweeted that he had a conversation with CPaterson but Corey didn't retweet it, which he usually does.
My thoughts is he is not on IL radar. Maybe gave him that phone call incase he blows up his senior year....
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:03 AM   #978
BananaShampoo
Captain 'Paign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Just by his twitter thread, I think this kid has been begging for an IL offer. He has asked for ways to get in touch with Lovie and Hardy but didn't see any response. He also asked for them to 'follow' him.
He said he was coming on an unofficial visit this weekend but didn't see anything about
He tweeted that he had a conversation with CPaterson but Corey didn't retweet it, which he usually does.
My thoughts is he is not on IL radar. Maybe gave him that phone call incase he blows up his senior year....
Littyville is where all the cool kids hang out and Fred is the kid trying to get invited to the party.

Old Apr 8, 2018, 01:01 PM   #979
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaShampoo View Post
Littyville is where all the cool kids hang out and Fred is the kid trying to get invited to the party.
That is what I see. Perfect summary
Old Apr 8, 2018, 02:03 PM   #980
thunderwear
Quote:
I have to think the coaches have at least reached out to him and shown interest otherwise How could we make his final 5
thunderwear is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 03:16 PM   #981
Dude
Quote:
I have to think the coaches have at least reached out to him and shown interest otherwise How could we make his final 5
Because it is where he wants to go. A kid can put any school in his top whatever, doesn't mean that it is a realistic option.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 09:37 AM   #982
Dude
Well Shammonds Mom is back at it on twitter

https://twitter.com/RuthCoo91494231/...11802102534144
pic of her son in Ill gear....
then an hour later retweeted an OU reply on her original pic.....
Old Apr 9, 2018, 09:55 AM   #983
mhuml32
Quote:
Well Shammonds Mom is back at it on twitter

https://twitter.com/RuthCoo91494231/...11802102534144
pic of her son in Ill gear....
then an hour later retweeted an OU reply on her original pic.....

And I'm cool with all of this. She's being a parent and championing all of her son's attention and fans.
mhuml32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:35 PM   #984
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuml32 View Post
And I'm cool with all of this. She's being a parent and championing all of her son's attention and fans.
Oh so am I. I posted about a week ago that I think we get Shammond, partly because his mom. Every time I see something, I just get more anxious. Kind of like Charles Billingsley
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:41 PM   #985
Dude
A little disappointed we didn't get a commitment this weekend from anybody....
Old Apr 9, 2018, 02:09 PM   #986
IllinifaninIL
Quote:
+1
IllinifaninIL is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:49 PM   #987
thunderwear
Quote:
The narrative is starting to spiral. I hope lovie can get ahold of it.
thunderwear is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 05:36 PM   #988
Hoppy2105
Quote:
The narrative is starting to spiral. I hope lovie can get ahold of it.
Too late. The narrative has rampaged out of control and killed the program.

/.............|.............\
/...............|...............\
Hoppy2105 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 05:49 PM   #989
Dude
Don't worry, the new all orange uniforms will save us .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ..
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:04 PM   #990
Dude
https://illinois.rivals.com/news/chi...ck-at-illinois

Would be awesome to get all three Phillips kids.....great pipeline to start up

Sorry not free
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:06 PM   #991
illini80
I love the fact that the crack graphic design team came up with using 1960's uniforms. I hope they are getting paid what they're worth. I wonder who designed them back then. They should get royalties.
illini80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:09 PM   #992
illini80
Quote:
https://illinois.rivals.com/news/chi...ck-at-illinois

Would be awesome to get all three Phillips kids.....great pipeline to start up

Sorry not free
That would be huge. I have no idea what our chances are with them.
illini80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:37 PM   #993
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini80 View Post
That would be huge. I have no idea what our chances are with them.
I thought Fabian was going to commit 2 weeks ago! But on Jeremey Werner show, he makes it sound like we are the front runners for all three. Just waiting for it to happen
Old Apr 9, 2018, 06:50 PM   #994
TMillini
Quote:
I thought Fabian was going to commit 2 weeks ago! But on Jeremey Werner show, he makes it sound like we are the front runners for all three. Just waiting for it to happen
Has anyone on here look at the Twitter Marcus Washington’s dad. I got a feeling he is the reason we weren’t in the top 10
TMillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:46 PM   #995
AO3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMillini View Post
Has anyone on here look at the Twitter Marcus Washington’s dad. I got a feeling he is the reason we weren’t in the top 10
Yeah...

Quote:
@[I'll leave his twitter handle out] Apr 2
Winning attracts kids to your program not cheesy edits and cornball tactics
The team last year wasn't projected to win a whole lot of games in the first place. I don't get all the negativity. Jahleel's dad tweeted similar stuff, but it seems like it was more about the staff not being in contact with him.

Last edited by AO3; Apr 9, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
AO3 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:57 PM   #996
TMillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AO3 View Post
Yeah...

The team last year wasn't projected to win a whole lot of games in the first place. I don't get all the negativity.
Yeah and to me his goes a little further than me.billingsley but I think u gotta look at the coaches not the record. Did u know from 2012 -2015 were the only years we didn’t get at least one person drafted. Lovie literally had to dig the program up from its grave
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:20 PM   #997
IlliniJim20
Quote:
Yeah and to me his goes a little further than me.billingsley but I think u gotta look at the coaches not the record. Did u know from 2012 -2015 were the only years we didn’t get at least one person drafted. Lovie literally had to dig the program up from its grave
Isn't their some sort of rift between the dad and Coach Patterson? Or at least from the dad's point of view? Or am I confusing him with another player?

Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:21 PM   #998
Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by AO3 View Post
Yeah...

The team last year wasn't projected to win a whole lot of games in the first place. I don't get all the negativity. Jahleel's dad tweeted similar stuff, but it seems like it was more about the staff not being in contact with him.
They made it sound like Marcus's family had issues with Corey as well. If his dad doesn't think Marcus is getting enough attention at Trinity, he is probably going to try and push him to a current powerhouse. Let us hope that we nab all the other Trinity kids. Then Marcus will have another good reason to come.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:27 PM   #999
Dude
Quote:
What is his name?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 08:53 PM   #1000
TMillini
Quote:
What is his name?
Nu-nu Washington
@nunuwashington1