Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

2017 Basketball Transfer Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 11, 2017, 03:23 PM   #1101
Sal Iacuzzo
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 656
I'm sure Alstork talked to LaTullip.
Sal Iacuzzo is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2017, 03:24 PM   #1102
EfremWinters84
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henson71 View Post
I wouldn't say that - it's not just that Scott was a former assistant for 2 years, it's that his dad Dick Nagy was an assistant under Lou for 17 years, including the flyin Illini days, so Scott grew up in Champaign, was a huge Illini fan, etc. I have to think having him say positive things about the Illini can only help. I'm sure Scott tells stories about those days as a grad assistant.
100% agree. Nothing but "positive vibes" likely coming from the Wright State head coach. He knows Illini basketball rather intimately at its peak......up close and personal.

I'm sure that relationship also influenced MLT's transfer there a year ago....at least to a small extent.
EfremWinters84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2017, 03:28 PM   #1103
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Posts: 13,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henson71 View Post
I wouldn't say that - it's not just that Scott was a former assistant for 2 years, it's that his dad Dick Nagy was an assistant under Lou for 17 years, including the flyin Illini days, so Scott grew up in Champaign, was a huge Illini fan, etc. I have to think having him say positive things about the Illini can only help. I'm sure Scott tells stories about those days as a grad assistant.
That's nice, but IMO still negligible impact on his decision.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2017, 03:36 PM   #1104
FC Illiniman
FC Illiniman's Avatar
Location: Farmer City
Posts: 1
2017 all , if the guy says chat him up, more following the better. Let him feel that love.
I'm older too, but you get with times or fall behind.
FC Illiniman is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2017, 04:31 PM   #1105
LouAlcinder
Posts: 169
McIntosh from ISU offered

https://mobile.twitter.com/HoopsHype...70730519199744
LouAlcinder is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2017, 04:33 PM   #1106
Ubermensch
Founder, Kipper Fan Club
Ubermensch's Avatar
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAlcinder View Post
Nice. If he ends up at Wisky...
Ubermensch is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2017, 04:43 PM   #1107
wettsten
wettsten's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCity View Post
I wonder how the coaches feel about him messing around on social media all day while he's being showed around. I'd like him to be paying attention to me and not his phone.

But I'm old. I don't talk on the phone when I'm in a checkout line either.
i'm sure there are plenty of assistants keeping the coaches updated with what he's doing on social media.

i think if you don't know what he's posting then be worried because it's probably not good about you.

__________________
just relax and repeat these three little words: recruiting is fluid. recruiting is fluid. recruiting is fluid. recruiting is fluid. recruiting is fluid. recruiting is fluid...
wettsten is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 06:20 AM   #1108
FC Illiniman
FC Illiniman's Avatar
Location: Farmer City
Posts: 1
All quiet overnight, that is a good thing. Anything on Alstork or Agau?
FC Illiniman is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 07:22 AM   #1109
jmilt7
jmilt7's Avatar
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Illiniman View Post
All quiet overnight, that is a good thing. Anything on Alstork or Agau?
While it might be nice if Alstork had some big revelation overnight and decided UI is the place to be, he still has three more schools to visit ending with Louisville on the 17th. So, more waiting.
jmilt7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 07:23 AM   #1110
jmilt7
jmilt7's Avatar
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Illiniman View Post
All quiet overnight, that is a good thing. Anything on Alstork or Agau?
And I haven't heard anything about Agau's visit. Anyone?
jmilt7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 07:57 AM   #1111
Kramer116
Kramer116's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilt7 View Post
And I haven't heard anything about Agau's visit. Anyone?
Believe he was out to dinner with Antigua and Walker

__________________
Hall of Fame:
"We will win. It is important" - Josh Whitman

Hall of Shame:
@TomCrean: I am doing great. I have been thinking about you alot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?
"W.I.N.(T.) Whatever is necessary today" - Tim Beckman
"It's not ideal but for now, I don't think it'll put a dagger in the heart of the program" - Paul Kowalczyk
Kramer116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 08:34 AM   #1112
ChiefIllini
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
Nice. If he ends up at Wisky...
I think he'd kill it at Wisky. They lost a lot of literally everything. Getting a do it all wing is exactly what they need.

Conversely, he could step into Hill's (though he'd probably play the 4 more frequently and efficiently) and possibly post numbers like Carroll.

One thing different now: It'll be easier to recruit against Wisky in terms of style of play.
ChiefIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 09:20 AM   #1113
aluma
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
I think he'd kill it at Wisky. They lost a lot of literally everything. Getting a do it all wing is exactly what they need.

Conversely, he could step into Hill's (though he'd probably play the 4 more frequently and efficiently) and possibly post numbers like Carroll.

One thing different now: It'll be easier to recruit against Wisky in terms of style of play.
Unfortunately they have us beat on getting players to the league and NCAA tournament appearance. Although, if we added Agau, Alstork, and Mcintosh, I think we are an NCAA tourney team.
aluma is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 09:38 AM   #1114
oskeewowwowboomtime
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluma View Post
Unfortunately they have us beat on getting players to the league and NCAA tournament appearance. Although, if we added Agau, Alstork, and Mcintosh, I think we are an NCAA tourney team.
Hope Agau is bonding with Alstork and filling him in on why NOT to consider Georgetown or Louisville.
oskeewowwowboomtime is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 09:45 AM   #1115
FiveStar
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskeewowwowboomtime View Post
Hope Agau is bonding with Alstork and filling him in on why NOT to consider Georgetown or Louisville.
Man that would be well thought out if that's one of the reasons the coaches have them here together.
FiveStar is online now Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 10:38 AM   #1116
jmilt7
jmilt7's Avatar
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 340
From IL home page:

Mark Alstork @Mark_Alstork
Great First Day With @IlliniMBB!Impressive Coaches, School, Environment & Fan Base #illinination����.Truly Appreciate This Opportunity!���� ��������
11:31 PM - 11 May 2017

First day? Does this mean he is coming back? Or am I just misreading it somehow?
jmilt7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 10:41 AM   #1117
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Posts: 13,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilt7 View Post
From IL home page:

Mark Alstork @Mark_Alstork
Great First Day With @IlliniMBB!Impressive Coaches, School, Environment & Fan Base #illinination����.Truly Appreciate This Opportunity!���� ��������
11:31 PM - 11 May 2017

First day? Does this mean he is coming back? Or am I just misreading it somehow?
2 day visit.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 10:50 AM   #1118
jmilt7
jmilt7's Avatar
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
2 day visit.
Doh! (slaps forehead)

jmilt7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 10:55 AM   #1119
oskeewowwowboomtime
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
2 day visit.
And what a perfect second day! The alma cam shows a perfect spring day to start commencement weekend with the quad filled with students in grad robes posing for photos. Just the right vibe for a couple of transfer students!
oskeewowwowboomtime is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 12:18 PM   #1120
IlliniKid
IlliniKid's Avatar
Posts: 482
Can anybody share some highlights of Agau from his time at Georgetown? I can't seem to find anything anywhere..
IlliniKid is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 03:11 PM   #1121
7yearillini
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
One thing different now: It'll be easier to recruit against Wisky in terms of style of play.
Unless it's Tilmon, since he's the only recruit who won't do better in Underwood's system.
7yearillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 03:24 PM   #1122
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 35,045
Georgetown grad transfer Akoy Agau will visit SMU this weekend, per a source.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...73890293096448
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 03:27 PM   #1123
IlliniKid
IlliniKid's Avatar
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Georgetown grad transfer Akoy Agau will visit SMU this weekend, per a source.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...73890293096448


Can't say I'm surprised, but was hoping he wouldn't make it there. Here's to hoping his visit here stands out more!
IlliniKid is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 03:39 PM   #1124
Oldtoysrock
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Man that would be well thought out if that's one of the reasons the coaches have them here together.
He can tell him all about what Pitino promised him vs. what it turned out to be.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Oldtoysrock is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2017, 05:04 PM   #1125
IlliniKid
IlliniKid's Avatar
Posts: 482
Not sure if anybody is following Mark's Snapchat but he had some pictures of the slides Underwood had for his pitch. They have a pretty in depth plan of getting him to 20ppg and to the NBA. Seemed like a very well thought out and good pitch to make.
IlliniKid is offline Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump