Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Pregame: Illinois at Gonzaga, Saturday, December 8th, 9:00pm CT, ESPN2

Closed Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:46 AM   #376
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBZag View Post
19 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, and a block is being a non-factor???
Dont quote me, I clearly dont remember the game that well then lol.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:18 AM   #377
Wayne191
The orange koolaid is strong tonight. Did anyone watch the west Carolina game? This game is a reality check hope we show up tomorrow night. Fight Illini!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:23 AM   #378
IlliniSpine
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne191 View Post
The orange koolaid is strong tonight. Did anyone watch the west Carolina game? This game is a reality check hope we show up tomorrow night. Fight Illini!
We will show up. We usually do for big games....just look at last year when we "gave up":

1. Ohio st.
2. Missou
3. Gonzaga
4. Mich St.

We won 3 of those 4!

Hopefully we do enough to win. If we can use our athleticism (like Clemson did vs. GU) and confuse them with our D (like WSU did), we have a chance.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:24 AM   #379
Illini2016
Rumor is that tickets were selling between $650-$1000 a piece. Talk about the beauty of having two Top 15 teams playing in an arena that holds only 6,000.

Class of 2016
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:27 AM   #380
IlliniRunIn07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini2016 View Post
Rumor is that tickets were selling between $650-$1000 a piece. Talk about the beauty of having two Top 15 teams playing in an arena that holds only 6,000.
If nothing else, it's an awesome feeling playing in THE premiere game of the weekend.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:30 AM   #381
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniRunIn07 View Post
If nothing else, it's an awesome feeling playing in THE premiere game of the weekend.
The only thing I dont like is that its 9 o'clock our time, on a saturday. I figure if we want recruits to see it. They have to make it a priority to watch us. Otherwise its 9 on a saturday! Im sure we all know what high school kids are doing at those times.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:41 AM   #382
IlliniRunIn07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue217 View Post
The only thing I dont like is that its 9 o'clock our time, on a saturday. I figure if we want recruits to see it. They have to make it a priority to watch us. Otherwise its 9 on a saturday! Im sure we all know what high school kids are doing at those times.
True. But if we win, they will notice.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:43 AM   #383
jmat
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue217 View Post
studying of course and volunteer work
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:57 AM   #384
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniRunIn07 View Post
True. But if we win, they will notice.
Thats for sure!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:05 AM   #385
ThunderNutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by troydove View Post
I fill somethings in the air. Just can't put my finger on it!

If we somehow get brave and play with no fear. Blow the dog pound up with ILLINI TNT

Sad part I think we get beat bad down low. Zags 92 ILLINI 63 BBBBUUUTTTT if we pull this off,,, SPECIAL SEASON - for !!!!s and giggles

game time yet?
Not to worry. My wife made her special 5 alarm chili for supper tonight. It's just my indigestion and gas that's in the air, should be cleared up in time for tip-off!:rolleyes: Unless I have some tomorrow for lunch.:laugh:

Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:07 AM   #386
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini2016 View Post
Just checked this a.m. and StubHub has none to sell.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:32 AM   #387
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Groce not concerned with ranking after Gonzaga game

"Obviously, this is a great challenge in front of us. We have a chance to learn a lot about our team because they're such a great team and if you make errors and mistakes, great teams take advantage and expose you.

"So I'm looking forward to seeing where our system is against such a high quality basketball team."

Tupper
Quote:
HQ forecast: Gonzaga 73, UI 69

Illinois has played against big frontcourts this season. Hawaii and USC were big. Gonzaga's is big, deep and really good. Elias Harris has been on NBA radars since he torched Illinois at the United Center three years ago. Olynyk, Dower and Karnowski will play for money one day. The Illini, who have struggled on the interior at both ends this season, will have to step it up today. "When you look at the minutes played by their 4 and 5s, the depth of those guys and what they bring to the game in the post and on the glass, defensively, affecting shots, it's certainly the best we've played to this point," Illinois coach John Groce said.

Marcus Jackson
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:08 AM   #388
BoolahBoolah
Banned
I think we're due for a loss today, unfortunately. This is a tough Zags team, playing at home. I think we'll hang tight for awhile, then lose down the stretch.

Gonzaga 79
IL 68
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:26 AM   #389
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Over 100 tents in Tent City for the game [today] against illinois. Appreciate everyone who is braving the cold to support us in the Kennel.

http://twitter.com/ZagMBB
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:40 AM   #390
schlagboy
You have to admire the Gonzaga fanbase. They have 100% faith in their team winning.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:04 AM   #391
Wayne191
Time to break out a big can of whoop*ss and feed it to those pesky zags for a limitless late evening snack. Illini play their best game of the year and win 85-78. This would merrimize my christmas spirit.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:06 AM   #392
U of I 89-05-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlagboy View Post
You have to admire the Gonzaga fanbase. They have 100% faith in their team winning.
Makes you wish our fan base was like that once again.

GO ILLINI! Let's get a huge win tonight!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:26 AM   #393
SummerofGeorge
Best case scenario... our guards aggressively drive the ball to the basket, our bigs step up and play tough, we shoot the ball well, and we beat the Zags with many recruits tuning in to watch.

Worst case scenario... Our bigs are weak, we rely far too much on the three, shoot poorly, and get blown out - also with many recruits watching.

Can't wait to see what this team is really made of!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:34 AM   #394
BrooksTaylorFan
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerofGeorge View Post
Best case scenario... our guards aggressively drive the ball to the basket, our bigs step up and play tough, we shoot the ball well, and we beat the Zags with many recruits tuning in to watch.

Worst case scenario... Our bigs are weak, we rely far too much on the three, shoot poorly, and get blown out - also with many recruits watching.

Can't wait to see what this team is really made of!
So what you are saying is that we either win or we lose tonight? :laugh:

Remember we blew them out last year but who went to the Dance? That's all that matters.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:41 AM   #395
SummerofGeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksTaylorFan View Post
So what you are saying is that we either win or we lose tonight? :laugh:

Remember we blew them out last year but who went to the Dance? That's all that matters.
Yea, that pretty much sums it up :laugh:

Just anxious to see what we are made of.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:08 AM   #396
UIUC2008
Banned
We're getting 11.5 points from Vegas........wow. That's shows you how hard of a game this is.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:53 AM   #397
joekam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb9 View Post
You'd expect that if we beat Gonzaga, suddenly we're favored against Mizzou and are looking at quite possibly a perfect record going into conference play. That's early-2000s scary.
When was the last time our Illini finished the non conf portion of the sched undefeated?

Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:58 AM   #398
chucktownillini
If we can prevent their guards from making their 3's, and we are hitting ours, I believe we come out victorious. They will get their points inside no matter what, but if they hit their 3's also, we're in for a long nite. Go Illini!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:59 AM   #399
-josh-
Calm, Collected, German.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekam View Post
When was the last time our Illini finished the non conf portion of the sched undefeated?

2005. Wischnowsky has a good article about first year coaches at Illinois.

Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:00 PM   #400
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekam View Post
2005-2006
Didn't lose until January 7 to Iowa that season
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »