Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Six bowls in pool for college football semifinal games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,130
Quote:
Sources said the group is close to finalizing the revenue distribution deal for the new playoff. The oversight committee gave the commissioners authority to finalize a media rights deal with ESPN. It is projected to be worth about $500 million a year over 12 years, Sports Business Journal reported.

The SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, ACC and Pac-12 will receive the biggest chunk of the new revenue. Each of those leagues will receive the same base amount of revenue, sources said. The remaining "Group of Five" leagues -- Big East, C-USA, MWC, Sun Belt and MAC -- will split a smaller amount among themselves. How the "Group of Five" will divide that revenue is still to be decided.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...emifinal-games
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:32 PM   #2
DrewD007
DrewD007's Avatar
Location: Swansea, IL
Posts: 4,494
All the Big East realignment seems even more stupid now considering they've been relegated to the "Group of Five".
DrewD007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:36 PM   #3
champaignchris
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewD007 View Post
All the Big East realignment seems even more stupid now considering they've been relegated to the "Group of Five".
Right. All the schools that jumped from MWC and C-USA, like Boise St. and Houston didn't improve their football standing at all.
champaignchris is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:30 PM   #4
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 24,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignchris View Post
Right. All the schools that jumped from MWC and C-USA, like Boise St. and Houston didn't improve their football standing at all.
So do these schools back out of the Big East and go with a more cost effective regional alignment?

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Sure Shot
Banned
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
So do these schools back out of the Big East and go with a more cost effective regional alignment?
I think eventually that's inevitable.
Sure Shot is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump