Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

The Please Don't Rush the Court Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
mattcoldagelli
Watching ND do it reinforced how lame and played it is. Hey students, members of Krush, etc. - there is like, one scenario where rushing the court is acceptable, and it is essentially pulling a Nick Anderson on IU. If it's not that, don't. It looks so perfectly mid-major.

/rant

@mattcoldagelli

mattcoldagelli is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:08 PM   #2
gibb52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoldagelli View Post
Watching ND do it reinforced how lame and played it is. Hey students, members of Krush, etc. - there is like, one scenario where rushing the court is acceptable, and it is essentially pulling a Nick Anderson on IU. If it's not that, don't. It looks so perfectly mid-major.

/rant
+1. This is Illinois. We've won big games before.
gibb52 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Botb9
Realist
ND fans barely realize they have a basketball team. Probably believe they have to do that every game.

Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:12 PM   #4
IlliniLaw05
Banned
Miami fans did it last night after beating #13 MSU. That was pretty lame I thought.
IlliniLaw05 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:17 PM   #5
Illinigirl
Agree
Illinigirl is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:17 PM   #6
gibb52
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniLaw05 View Post
Miami fans did it last night after beating #13 MSU. That was pretty lame I thought.
Maybe the Miami fans thought Nevin Shapiro was down ther somewhere:laugh:
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:20 PM   #7
DG1985
Banned
not sure what my rushing the court guideline is.

definitely not beating #13.

breaking a big win streak

beating number 1

i think those fit
DG1985 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8
jmat
Banned
i dont see any empty seats at these "football" schools. watchin florida right now and crowed is way more amped than ours was last night. hate to sound negative with so many positive things going on with our program, but what is the deal?
jmat is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #9
gibb52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmat View Post
i dont see any empty seats at these "football" schools. watchin florida right now and crowed is way more amped than ours was last night. hate to sound negative with so many positive things going on with our program, but what is the deal?
We've been conditioned to boring, losing bball. Give it a little time. The House will rock again.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:26 PM   #10
jmat
Banned
good point, hope you're right
jmat is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:29 PM   #11
MTILLINOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb52 View Post
+1. This is Illinois. We've won big games before.
Yeah, when? Not recently. Honestly, our program has been bad the last few years and has fallen on hard times compared to where we were back in the days. If a bunch of college kids would like to celebrate a huge win at home, let them rush the court like a shot against Iowa (Keene) or Indiana (Anderson). Most of these students don't know of the success most of us have seen. It's college, if nobody gets hurt, let them enjoy themselves. AH is like a bingo hall the last few years, with the exception of a few games.
MTILLINOIS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:29 PM   #12
PeoriaChief
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmat View Post
Well Florida has 3 FF's and 2 NC's since 2000. Bet that has a lot to do with it.
PeoriaChief is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:35 PM   #13
Serious Late
Location: Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque via Chicago via Champaign via Peoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTILLINOIS View Post
Yeah, when? Not recently. Honestly, our program has been bad the last few years and has fallen on hard times compared to where we were back in the days. If a bunch of college kids would like to celebrate a huge win at home, let them rush the court like a shot against Iowa (Keene) or Indiana (Anderson). Most of these students don't know of the success most of us have seen. It's college, if nobody gets hurt, let them enjoy themselves. AH is like a bingo hall the last few years, with the exception of a few games.
We didn't rush the court after beating Wake Forest in '04. I am with Matt, don't rush the court. #ActLikeYouHaveBeenThereBefore

Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:52 PM   #14
MTILLINOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Late View Post
We didn't rush the court after beating Wake Forest in '04. I am with Matt, don't rush the court. #ActLikeYouHaveBeenThereBefore
That was eight years ago. My point is, let the kids who do what they want. These kids haven't been in that situation before. It's not like our program is on par with UNC or Duke where they are use to winning nearly every game. I think it's funny there is a thread of older people lecturing college kids on how to act after a win because our program was once winning big games. These college students were in 4th grade when we played in big games. Let them have fun. I will suggest to the students, if they rush the court, please have enough of a crowd to make it look exciting. Nothing worse than seeing a half empty court after the students rushed the court.
MTILLINOIS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Serious Late
Location: Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque via Chicago via Champaign via Peoria
Quote:
That was eight years ago. My point is, let the kids who do what they want. These kids haven't been in that situation before. It's not like our program is on par with UNC or Duke where they are use to winning nearly every game. I think it's funny there is a thread of older people lecturing college kids on how to act after a win because our program was once winning big games. These college students were in 4th grade when we played in big games. Let them have fun. I will suggest to the students, if they rush the court, please have enough of a crowd to make it look exciting. Nothing worse than seeing a half empty court after the students rushed the court.
No. Don't rush the court. Act like you have been there before.

Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:18 PM   #16
U of I 89-05-10
Quote:
You're seriously always so negative! We were a near elite program six short years ago ... And we're headed back up.
U of I 89-05-10 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:22 PM   #17
Illini1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb52 View Post
We've been conditioned to boring, losing bball. Give it a little time. The House will rock again.
I hate to say it but Ive seen some games this years, where the team hasn't been good in years,if ever, and i don't see any empty seats like at the hall. Its just dissapointing
Illini1324 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:26 PM   #18
trevdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG1985 View Post
not sure what my rushing the court guideline is.

definitely not beating #13.

breaking a big win streak

i think those fit
So if we beat a ranked Michigan team at home this year and stop a, say, six-game winning streak, it's reason to rush the court? I have to agree with others--the only reason we should rush the court this season is if we beat Indiana. In spectacular fashion.
trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:31 PM   #19
Loadmaster05
This would involve sec a getting off their arse so no worries folks move along!
Loadmaster05 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 PM   #20
illiniracers
Let kids be kids. Its not like its blue haired adults that are rushing that have seen this kind of things over the course of their fandom. Who cares if anyone rushes the court. They are 18-22 yr old kids.
illiniracers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:39 PM   #21
LubbockIlliniFan
Future Illini class of 2028!
I think the only time its ok is if we are beating #1 and we are not ranked

Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:41 PM   #22
trevdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by LubbockIlliniFan View Post
I think the only time its ok is if we are beating #1 and we are not ranked
Well I hope it's not while we're beating #1 rather than after... Agreed.
trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:58 PM   #23
hooraybeer
i was interested to find out how Vitale would react to ND rushing after beating #8 Kentucky... since, as you probably know, he had many negative things to say about us rushing when we beat #5 MSU at home a couple of years ago. To no one's surprise, Vitale had absolutely nothing bad to say, probably because his apparent man-crush Manti T'eo was leading the way. Not comparing our basketball program to ND's, but still.

Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:03 PM   #24
jrichisamazing
When we rushed the court against MSU a couple years ago it was embarassing. The court was only half filled with kids if i remember correctly. Only the orange krush is able to rush because everyone else is blocked off by the railing. There are certain moments where rushing the court is acceptable but atleast make it look cool.

For example, Indiana rushed the court last year against UK. I cringe when I say this but that is probably one of the best rushes of the court you will see in college basketball. It gives me goose bumps even though I hate IU.
jrichisamazing is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:09 PM   #25
DG1985
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
So if we beat a ranked Michigan team at home this year and stop a, say, six-game winning streak, it's reason to rush the court? I have to agree with others--the only reason we should rush the court this season is if we beat Indiana. In spectacular fashion.
lol

six is a big win streak? I was thinking more 25. I could see OSU doing it against us in '05 for example. or course i guess big win streaks usually come with #1
DG1985 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »