Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

Cornhole/Bags Board

Old Jun 21, 2014, 03:28 PM   #1
DanvIllini
Super Lurker
I am making my bags boards and have been looking into making it an Illini Board.

I wanted to make something using the . I am pretty artistic and I think I could paint it but Im not too sure if I want to do that. I cant find a vinyl decal anywhere (trademark??). Does anyone know of a way to get one (legally)?

I could paint the but wanted to do something a little more interesting.

Im thinking of orange board with blue border on the side and around the hole. I dont know if I could do that because the dumb border on the I makes it weird with an orange background. Maybe a gray?

I was curious if anyone knew of a way to match the current colors in a paint.

Does anyone cool idea in their head for this? I kinda want to do a headdress around the hole.
DanvIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 02:23 AM   #2
bdutts
I bought my Illini boards online but a friend of mine made his. I'll see if I can find a picture and post it.

What he did was to build them to official specifications. From the middle of the hole up he painted it orange and from the middle of the hole to the bottom, he painted it blue. Official Illini colors. He put a large chief decal between the hole and the bottom of the board. Looks to be about 6 inches in diameter. I believe he lacquered over the decals but I'm not 100% sure.

For my boards, there is a white stripe from the top of the board, hitting the edge of the hole and goes down to about two inches from the bottom of the board. The stripe is two inches wide it looks like. The inside of the triangle made from the white stripes is orange and the outside is blue. Looks to be an Illinois (old logo with the slant letters) decal that was placed on the top of the board. Looks to be midway between the bottom of the hole and the end of the board.

sorry I have no pics. I live in Scotland now and my boards are in storage so I'm trying to do it from memory.

Regarding the colors: go to www.illinois.edu and somewhere on that site, you can get the RGB coordinates for the official colors. Just take that to your favorite paint store and they can make that up for you without any difficulty.
bdutts is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:51 AM   #3
DrewD007
For my apartment my junior and senior years, my buddy made a bags set and also a pong table for us. He painted one of the boards orange with a blue block I and then the other blue with an orange block I.
DrewD007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:10 PM   #4
CardsIllinifan8
If you wanna buy it, you can buy this for a cool 200 off of ebay.

Old Jun 22, 2014, 06:14 PM   #5
DrewD007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsIllinifan8 View Post
If you wanna buy it, you can buy this for a cool 200 off of ebay.
Found several designs here. https://www.victorytailgate.com/stat...ng+Illini&lg=1
DrewD007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Bob Christiansen
Location: Phi Kappa Psi, 4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wachee, FL
I must be getting old! I had no clue WTF bag boards/corn hole was until you guys "enlightened" me...AHA, just little bean bags...

You know, playing "quarters" at Kams would be a whole lot cheaper...I mean, you do play for beer shots and what have you with those things, right?

Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:29 PM   #7
CardsIllinifan8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Christiansen View Post
I must be getting old! I had no clue WTF bag boards/corn hole was until you guys "enlightened" me...AHA, just little bean bags...

You know, playing "quarters" at Kams would be a whole lot cheaper...I mean, you do play for beer shots and what have you with those things, right?
Quarters is a thing of the past. I have played that once, and didn't make anything. Beer pong is the popular thing to do now. The last two years of college, my beer pong partner and I didn't lose a match. We won a lot of money that went back to buying more beer. Damn, that was only a few years ago but they were good times!

Old Jun 22, 2014, 08:41 PM   #8
Bob Christiansen
Location: Phi Kappa Psi, 4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wachee, FL
Cards, we had a hell of a good time playing quarters as well. No money, just some people getting REALLY wasted cause they weren't any good at it!!

Between sophmore and junior year I stayed down in Champaign and painted houses. No school, just sort of "work". If you ever stay at school during the summer, you know it is totally different then during the school year...very laid back. IIRC, Kams had $.50 drafts Tuesday night, $3 pitchers of mixed drinks Wednesday night, 3 cans of Blatz (yes, Blatz beer!) for a buck on Thursday night!

Many a quarter game and a blur of a summer!!! But we were playing softball, bud, 12" and a 16" league, the fields on 1st across from the stadium...

Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:42 PM   #9
CardsIllinifan8
Colleges during the summer are my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I love August through May, but the summer is laid back, like you said. I sat around the pool often after softball games. Kicked my feet up with a brewski in my hand. Nowadays, I hardly drink. I guess I have matured a lot since then, but will drink more often during the summer cause it is grilling season. With the grill fired up, I must have a beer in my hand. It only feels right.

Old Jul 12, 2014, 03:56 PM   #10
Fuhgedaboudit
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...28056923_n.jpg

I bought these from a guy last year..super nice
Fuhgedaboudit is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »