Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Pregame: Illinois vs Auburn, Saturday, December 29th, 1:15pm CT, BTN

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Dan
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/IlliniBasketball

Game 14: Illinois (12-1) vs Auburn (5-6)

Saturday, December 29th

United Center, Chicago

Time: 1:15pm CT

TV: BTN

Last edited by Dan; Dec 27, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Dan
Admin
Auburn just lost at home, to Winthrop.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Illini2016
Expect a huge, rowdy crowd at the UC. Chicagoland alumni are sick of watching mediocre Illini teams come in and leaving with 2005 nostalgia. They will be loud and proud.

Chief Illiniwek 83
Auburn Tigers 67

Class of 2016
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:27 PM   #4
trevdv
Auburn - 63
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Warriors1994
I should be there and I hope everyone who has the chance to go does. We need it to be loud in the UC!!!!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:30 PM   #6
Illinois5
Banned
I really don't like this game.

Can these kids lose and bounce back?

They never did all 4 years they've been here.

Hopefully Groce makes them bounce back.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Groundhogday
Not much of a test. Auburn is No. 164 per Sagarin. I don't have much doubt that we will win, but it would be nice to put away one of these patsies early for a change.

Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:43 PM   #8
bootsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois5 View Post

I love this game because when we do win people like you will stop asking these silly irrelevant questions all the time. We didn't do this last year? They haven't done this in 4 years? They had this record last year and what happened? Focus on NOW and the the future and not the past.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:35 PM   #9
HeartofaChampion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
Not much of a test. Auburn is No. 164 per Sagarin. I don't have much doubt that we will win, but it would be nice to put away one of these patsies early for a change.
+1. A win by less than 15 points would be a disappointment. Auburn is a bad team, and we should be fired up for a W at the UC. Need to start showing some killer instinct in these types of games. Hoping we do.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:02 AM   #10
OrangeKrush
Banned
Was there last year for the ugly UNLV loss and I'll be there again Saturday. Can't imagine how ugly the UIC loss was 2 years ago to those in attendance.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:50 AM   #11
illiniracers
My alma mater Murray State beat Auburn by 30 in the Charleston classic so I expect nothing less in this game. ILLINI
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:58 AM   #12
chucktownillini
Coach Groce needs just 3 wins to reach 100 for his career, so let's drub Auburn @ UC, beat down the Boilers @ Mackey & then get him #100 against Ohio St @ home! How cool would that be, to get your 100th vs Matta, your mentor. Go Illini!!!!!!!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:10 AM   #13
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Auburn is not good on offense, they have 2 guys making ~50% on 3 pointers (but don't take many) and they do well on the offensive glass, that's about it. We should be able to force turnovers and get a lot of good looks on offense. Just need to execute.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:54 AM   #14
Konnie
This is the first of many critical games. Do they bounce back or start to fade? I think that they will bounce back with a vengeance.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:31 AM   #15
WinOrElse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois5 View Post

NEVER!!?? You mean they haven't won a game since their first taste of defeat as freshmen!!?? WOW!! I had no idea things were so bad. Can't imagine why I'm so pleased with what's happened so far this year. I must be a complete moron.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:32 AM   #16
trevdv
Hope you guys like the Big Ten Network, because this is the start of 13 games broadcast on BTN in the next 15 games we play. Next time we'll see Illinois on an ESPN network is February.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:45 AM   #17
illball
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownillini View Post
Coach Groce needs just 3 wins to reach 100 for his career, so let's drub Auburn @ UC, beat down the Boilers @ Mackey & then get him #100 against Ohio St @ home! How cool would that be, to get your 100th vs Matta, your mentor. Go Illini!!!!!!!
+1 that would be very cool if it turned out that way!!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:47 AM   #18
illball
Is auburn returning all their starters from last season? What place did they end up in SEC and did they have any standout wins last season or this season yet? My prediction Ill come out of their shooting slump and Tracey plays more relaxed and doesn't press himself to do something spectacular every play, Ill 82 Aub 60
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:08 AM   #19
ILLSauce
Director of the Ekey Fan Club
Mike Thomas needs to bring Jim Shepherd back for this game annually at the UC.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:26 AM   #20
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
Originally Posted by illball View Post
Is auburn returning all their starters from last season? What place did they end up in SEC and did they have any standout wins last season or this season yet?
Auburn finished 11th in the SEC last year. Best win this year is over College of Charleston, I guess. They beat USF and Ole Miss last season. We should win, but nothing has been easy for us recently.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:13 AM   #21
illiniwisdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
I love this game because when we do win people like you will stop asking these silly irrelevant questions all the time. We didn't do this last year? They haven't done this in 4 years? They had this record last year and what happened? Focus on NOW and the the future and not the past.
Amen, bro! This is far better team than Bruce's last team and since this is Bruce's last team it must be that the coach is better. The kids left it all on the floor against vastly superior Mizzou talent. This will be fun for a change at the UC and I will be there.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:26 AM   #22
Kramer116
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKrush View Post
Was there last year for the ugly UNLV loss and I'll be there again Saturday. Can't imagine how ugly the UIC loss was 2 years ago to those in attendance.
Be very thankful you did not have to experience that monstrosity in person...

It may have been the most embarrassed I have been as an Illini fan. I did meet Howard Moore after the game, he was a really nice guy and he was pretty huge. I think that will be a good hire for UIC.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:48 AM   #23
Redbirds33333
ILL - 83
Aub - 68
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:54 AM   #24
Kramer116
Who is all going to the game?

I will be in section 312.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:00 PM   #25
mdonsbach
Dominate and 15 threes

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »