Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

My Illini Video Productions

Closed Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1
trevdv
Hi all--

There's been a lot of interest in my videos and requests to make more, so I figured with the rave reviews they've been receiving, I'd make a thread about it. I will post most of the things I produce to this thread, and I'd like as much feedback/commentary as possible; anything that can help me improve or what you think I'm doing well.

You can check out my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/97illinifan/

So stay tuned for pre-game videos, highlight reels, and more!

Go Illini!

Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:53 PM   #2
illinitrav
Not fair. You can't post this stuff when a game is over 24 hours away. I'm ready for gametime!!!!

Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Foo G
CIRCUS TRAMPEZE
Subscribed.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:11 PM   #4
chiefini
I'm looking forward to your Illinois-scUM psych-up video, trevdv...let's goooooooooo!

‎"There is an uncommon spirit known only by those who call themselves Illini...It is a dignified spirit portrayed by the Chief. It is a spirit of orange and blue blood and of the young and the old. Once it enters your veins, you will never be the same again." Illini Spirit William Branom, '54 (1932-2012)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:39 PM   #5
trevdv
FWIW, here's the Michigan video.

Michigan Pregame Motivation

Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:35 PM   #6
AHSIllini32
Banned
Gotta get these posted before the game man!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:00 PM   #7
trevdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
Gotta get these posted before the game man!
I know, YouTube was having severe issues this morning. That noon start caught me off guard.

Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:07 PM   #8
trevdv
I need your guys's help for my next video... It's centered around the seniors and is sort of a tribute to their time here at Illinois. Any certain memories/moments that stick out to any of you? Anything you think I should for sure include? I'd like to get people's input of what all I should put in the video, seeing as it would be hard for me to remember every good moment from the last four years. Thanks!

Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:56 PM   #9
HeartofaChampion
DJ: winning shot at Hawaii this year and his 30-pt outburst at UNL this year
TG: winning shots vs. G-Webb and IU
BP: winning plays vs. OSU last year and his performance at Gonzaga this year (also his high-rising dunk at Clemson as a frosh)
SML: well ...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:49 AM   #10
zpfled
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
I need your guys's help for my next video... It's centered around the seniors and is sort of a tribute to their time here at Illinois. Any certain memories/moments that stick out to any of you? Anything you think I should for sure include? I'd like to get people's input of what all I should put in the video, seeing as it would be hard for me to remember every good moment from the last four years. Thanks!
You should include DJ's late dunk against MSU on Gameday 2 years ago....it was a fast break that pretty much sealed the game for us.

Maybe some clutch defensive plays, too. DJ's late steal against IU this year. Brandon's from-behind block of Sullinger against OSU last year.

Also, Brandon dunking on the kid from SIU last year.

The Clemson comeback was incredible, and I remember Brandon and DJ playing huge roles in that. DJ had a four point play at least once in that comeback.

Definitely include SML's twitter commitment
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:23 AM   #11
TheSecretWeapon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpfled View Post
You should include DJ's late dunk against MSU on Gameday 2 years ago....it was a fast break that pretty much sealed the game for us.

Maybe some clutch defensive plays, too. DJ's late steal against IU this year. Brandon's from-behind block of Sullinger against OSU last year.

Also, Brandon dunking on the kid from SIU last year.

The Clemson comeback was incredible, and I remember Brandon and DJ playing huge roles in that. DJ had a four point play at least once in that comeback.

Definitely include SML's twitter commitment
and his dunk against Minny(?) where he was called for a charge

Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:32 AM   #12
TheSecretWeapon
we should have an "IllinoisLoyalty.com All-Time Illini Dunk Video Tournament Bracket"

the #1 overall seed might be Randle over Killingsworth

Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:47 AM   #13
mattcoldagelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecretWeapon View Post
we should have an "IllinoisLoyalty.com All-Time Illini Dunk Video Tournament Bracket"

Rennie over Shaq gets a bye all the way to the title game.

@mattcoldagelli

Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:05 PM   #14
stlrunner
jakeyjakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoldagelli View Post
Rennie over Shaq gets a bye all the way to the title game.
Technically, that was a layup.

*Oops. I was thinking of the one at the end of the game, with the and1. I forgot about the dunk earlier in the game.

Last edited by stlrunner; Feb 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Misremembered.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:15 PM   #15
illini8507
DJ dunked in Bergerren's face on superbowl sunday, i think it was the first basket of the game.
Sam had the big dunk that didnt count on the inbounds play during the penn state game, as well as the tough catch in traffic with the and 1 agains Butler in Maui.
DJ's 10-0 run against IU hasnt been mentioned yet, but should be obvious.
Sam trying to scrap with the Mizzou big man in the braggin rights game lol
Griff stealing the offensive board from Byrd and then taking it hard to the rack
Griff swatting Marcotulio in the face at NW lol
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:52 PM   #16
IlliniReb
Quote:

Would love to see it again if it exists somewhere: Efrem Winters against Minny (i think) on an inbounds play. Known that entire season as, The Dunk
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:00 PM   #17
trevdv
Quote:
Should we do it? I'd be happy to make/run it...

Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:05 AM   #18
lexwaldez
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
Should we do it? I'd be happy to make/run it...
That's a GREAT idea!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:02 PM   #19
sidra1968
I remember some great DJ and Brandon footage from the Clemson comeback..thanks for doing this!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 02:36 PM   #20
Illinigirl
trevdv... the pre-game thread closed before I could reply - but your video for today's game is awesome. Reminded me of my Illini pride and how much I will miss these seniors. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 02:39 PM   #21
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinigirl View Post
trevdv... the pre-game thread closed before I could reply - but your video for today's game is awesome. Reminded me of my Illini pride and how much I will miss these seniors. Thanks!
Videos-

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forum...567#post706567
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »