2017 Basketball Transfer Thread

#1,208      

Deleted member 10676

D
From the looks of things on his snapchat he really liked LSU, but he did that with every school.

I am thinking he will an Illini:shield:

I'm 80-90% sure, but should hear something on the 20th.

Surprised how nice the facilities and living quarters are at LSU. He's definitely loving it down there. I've gone from 50-50 to about 80% sure he won't pick ILL, but I'm never confident about anybody so you can probably ignore that.

#1,209      

Deleted member 10676

D
Mark Alstork‏ @Mark_Alstork 45m45 minutes ago
Louisville Here I Come. Last Visit #unofficial ! Appreciate the Oppurtunity @GoCards ! Wya #CardsNation
1f918-1f3fd.png
1f918-1f3fd.png
1f918-1f3fd.png
Talk to me !

#1,210      
School out soon, not filled out by June, sure the staff can find adequate players​ to fill out for this year. We will have some answers on or b4 20th. Might be recruits out there​, just haven't seen anything for us to chat on.:illinois:

#1,213      
Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

From the looks of things on his snapchat he really liked LSU, but he did that with every school.

I am thinking he will an Illini:shield:

I'm 80-90% sure, but should hear something on the 20th.

Alstork just tweeted excitedly about his upcoming visit to L-ville as well. He made sure to hashtag that it was an unofficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,217      
If we are still desperate after their bowl game (*cough*) Andrew Trainer (6'7" 245 RS-FR), and Jordan Fagan (6'6" 300 SR) both have basketball backgrounds.

Why would we want football players marginally taller than say Aaron Jordan?

I think the answer is in the OP assumptions, if we are "desperate for a big."

AJ isn't a big & as it stands today we have 2 potentials to cover a 5 & one of them is 6'7" (the same size you are dismissing), looking at the 245# & 300# puts them in a different category than AJ as far as position.

Are we that desperate yet, maybe not. But jump back a couple years when we started with 5 bigs & finished the season with 2, if we aren't there yet, we are pretty close.

#1,218      

Sal Iacuzzo

Yonkers, NY
I think the answer is in the OP assumptions, if we are "desperate for a big."

AJ isn't a big & as it stands today we have 2 potentials to cover a 5 & one of them is 6'7" (the same size you are dismissing), looking at the 245# & 300# puts them in a different category than AJ as far as position.

Are we that desperate yet, maybe not. But jump back a couple years when we started with 5 bigs & finished the season with 2, if we aren't there yet, we are pretty close.

Just don't see Underwood adding guys to the roster in the middle of the season that are not D1 caliber basketball players. Seems more likely he will go small, which he has done before.

#1,220      
Just don't see Underwood adding guys to the roster in the middle of the season that are not D1 caliber basketball players. Seems more likely he will go small, which he has done before.

Maybe not, but it's like a walk on, just because he is on the roster doesn't mean he will play & it isn't a scholarship. Undoubtedly, playing small will be the first option, but you have seen teams do this in a jam in the past

#1,221      

The Pontiff

Chicago, IL
Kendrick Foster made the announcement he was leaving and came back to the University. I was trying to draw that parallel.
Ahh, got it. However, one difference is I believe Kendrick made known he was leaving while Cubit was coach and then changed his mind when Lovie came on board. DJW's decision seemed to be one that was made or confirmed with just Underwood.

#1,224      
Surprised how nice the facilities and living quarters are at LSU. He's definitely loving it down there. I've gone from 50-50 to about 80% sure he won't pick ILL, but I'm never confident about anybody so you can probably ignore that.

I was impressed with their facilities as well. Definitely nicer than I thought they would be for them being a football school.