Coaching Carousel

I hate that I would be happy to see this happen. I've got no ill will toward Purdue football other than wanting one of our peers to be as miserable as us. Crabs in a bucket.

Feeling a bit guilty about this right now, too. I live 5 min from campus; Brohm's kids go to my kids' school. I both feel bad for all of my diehard Purdue fan friends and glad that I might not be alone in my misery.

LannyBudd

Chicago, IL
Feeling a bit guilty about this right now, too. I live 5 min from campus; Brohm's kids go to my kids' school. I both feel bad for all of my diehard Purdue fan friends and glad that I might not be alone in my misery.

Misery loves company, when is Pat Fitzgerald going to leave his alma mater for a better program. :D

Now reports are Tenn has moved on from Broehm and are looking at NC St’s Doeren.

At this point they look like the single drunk in the bar right before closing desperate to hook up with anyone.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
UTenn has now officially superseded the failures that we went thru when MT was looking for a football coach in 2011.

Reports are that Oregon St. hired Washington OC Jonathan Smith as new head coach. If they were going to go with a OC I would have liked it to be Baldwin at Cal, who was a successful HC at E. Washington. But I guess those that like ex-players coaching at their alma mater are happy.

LannyBudd

Chicago, IL
UTenn has now officially superseded the failures that we went thru when MT was looking for a football coach in 2011.

Whoa, UTenn was 4-8 this year with a win over P-5 school Georgia Tech. There is talent on that team and if they get a decent coach they will be 6-6 next year.

Deleted member 631370

D

I don't know. Sure, the process looks worse (mostly because UT is a proud program -- akin to Illinois in basketball -- and thus their failures are more advertised). But the final product is what matters. I can't imagine they'll do worse than Tim Beckman babbling about lasagna during his opening presser.

Current Tennessee athletic director John Currie was the AD at Kansas State and hired Bruce Weber.

aiwpfan

Springfield, Il
Jimbo to TAMU rumored to be announced today

That might be why there have been some high profile decommits from there.
Supposedly FSU has been in contact with Taggart to backfill for Jimbo.

Deleted member 631370

D
That might be why there have been some high profile decommits from there.
Supposedly FSU has been in contact with Taggart to backfill for Jimbo.

Hmm. Imagine how Oregon fans must feel. Taggart leaves after one year for FSU, and they missed getting Chip Kelly back by a few weeks to an in-conference rival.

Ouch.

I'm not 100% sold on Taggart as a winner at the elite level. I think FSU can do better.

Hmm. Imagine how Oregon fans must feel. Taggart leaves after one year for FSU, and they missed getting Chip Kelly back by a few weeks to an in-conference rival.

Ouch.

I'm not 100% sold on Taggart as a winner at the elite level. I think FSU can do better.

Reporting live from FSU's campus, here are a few reasons that myself and many other FSU students believe that Taggart is our best option:

1) For the last several years, FSU has been top 5-10 in recruiting classes consistently. Taggart has Oregon set to bring in one of if not their best recruiting class of all time. We believe that with him as coach, recruiting would not drop off.

2) He has left every program he been at better than he found it

3) FSU has had discipline problems off of the field, and we think a culture change with a new coaching staff might decrease those. To expand on this point, I attended one of Taggart's football camps as a player when he was at USF. He is a great man and easily relates to players. I also think there is value in being the first black head football coach in FSU history---at a predominantly white institution but on a football team with 90% black players, that is very valuable in making this university a home for the student-athletes.

I hope that Jimbo makes it official today that he is leaving, and then by the end of the weekend Taggart is announced as the head ball coach.

I'm not certain that I understand why Fisher is going to leave FSU. He's been at FSU for 10 years and has a ring there. He has no ties to A&M. I know they had a terrible year this year, but surely he's got enough good will built up to not be on the hot seat yet.

UofI08

Chicago
I'm not certain that I understand why Fisher is going to leave FSU. He's been at FSU for 10 years and has a ring there. He has no ties to A&M. I know they had a terrible year this year, but surely he's got enough good will built up to not be on the hot seat yet.

It has nothing to do with a "hot seat." From what I can gather, he's been asking for facility upgrades that the administration has been slow to commit to. Also, TAMU is gonna pay like 7+ mil per year.

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
The only thing I want to get out of this carousel is to see Currie fired. I'll never forgive him for what he did to K-State fans.

aiwpfan

Springfield, Il
It has nothing to do with a "hot seat." From what I can gather, he's been asking for facility upgrades that the administration has been slow to commit to. Also, TAMU is gonna pay like 7+ mil per year.

I think it is personal, too. He apparently has been through a messy divorce and has a sick kid. Time for a change of scenery.