Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,155      

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Is he a grad transfer? I guess I just kind of assumed so.

Yeah he is. A three-man guard rotation of a RS-So Kendrick Green, a RS-So Larry Boyd and a RS-Sr Petitbon is a nice position to be in.

If a third tackle can step up and give us similar depth we'll be cooking with gas. Kievan Myers?

EDIT: Or was he playing tackle at Bama? Maybe reverse those two. You figure he'll stay playing where he has been if this is his last year.

Last edited:
#1,157      
So does this mean it’s most likely Petitbon vs Boyd for the Open Guard Spot? If so that should be a great battle between two very talented lineman.

#1,159      

FT35

Naperville
Yeah he is. A three-man guard rotation of a RS-So Kendrick Green, a RS-So Larry Boyd and a RS-Sr Petitbon is a nice position to be in.

If a third tackle can step up and give us similar depth we'll be cooking with gas. Kievan Myers?

Myers looks like an interior lineman to me but I've heard he's really gotten into shape.

I would think Slaughter would be more likely to end up as an OT but I don't really know.

Cerny was in there at times to replace Lowe. I don't think the staff trusts Trainer.

This Spring is going to be really interesting.

#1,160      

Deleted member 654622

D
So does this mean it’s most likely Petitbon vs Boyd for the Open Guard Spot? If so that should be a great battle between two very talented lineman.
I wouldn't rule out Boyd beating out Green. Yes Green is very athletic, but if anyone watched the offensive breakdowns of last years games, he has a long way to go.

#1,161      

FT35

Naperville

It looks like it although I guess Myers could battle for that spot as well.

#1,162      

FT35

Naperville
I wouldn't rule out Boyd beating out Green. Yes Green is very athletic, but if anyone watched the offensive breakdowns of last years games, he has a long way to go.

The PFF ratings I found had Green as the third best OL behind NA and Palcho. Green did fine for a RS Freshman and will only get better.

#1,164      

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
So assume Thomas is in Champaign, and now Petitbon. One more spot left? Is my math right?

#1,167      

Deleted member 654622

D
The PFF ratings I found had Green as the third best OL behind NA and Palcho. Green did fine for a RS Freshman and will only get better.
Right, he was third out of five...
I am not saying he will not develop into a really good OL. I am saying Larry Boyd is a great talent. If we just got a grad transfer guard from Alabama, then that spot is locked down. Would anyone be shocked if I said Boyd was better than Green? Not really

#1,175      
this dude is going to come in be the lead at the guard position. this dude want against some of the best d'lineman in the country this dude going to goes crazy want against quinnen williams

Status
Not open for further replies.