Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,476      

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
Pedantry is fluid.

(Ok, I’m leaving now.)

#2,477      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Pedantry is fluid.

(Ok, I’m leaving now.)

giphy.gif

#2,478      
Not sure if it's been discussed and don't feel like going back to check, but talk about some misses! Could've been a fun year had we gotten/recruited/kept these guys!

Jalen Brunson (Stevenson HS, Lincolnshire)) - 1st team All-American
Keita Bates-Diop (Uni-high, Normal) - 2nd team All-American
Jevon Carter (Proviso East HS, Maywood) 3rd team All-American
Kendrick Nunn (Simeon, Illinois) Honorable Mention All-American.

#2,480      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Not sure if it's been discussed and don't feel like going back to check, but talk about some misses! Could've been a fun year had we gotten/recruited/kept these guys!

Jalen Brunson (Stevenson HS, Lincolnshire)) - 1st team All-American
Keita Bates-Diop (Uni-high, Normal) - 2nd team All-American
Jevon Carter (Proviso East HS, Maywood) 3rd team All-American
Kendrick Nunn (Simeon, Illinois) Honorable Mention All-American.
Nunn would have been gone already before this past season if he hadn't transferred to Oakland. The rest of your point still stands. Same could be said for just about every high profile recruiting miss every year however, and we are not alone in that.

#2,482      
Love the interview with Georgi. He also sounds pretty confident in his ability to shoot the three which I love. Confidence is a huge part of excelling in sport. Plus given that I bet he is a solid free throw shooter as well. That was an issue from TJL and Ebo. I think Ebo will certainly improve though. I am not sure about Kane's offensive game but if he bulks up we will certainly have an impact on D.

#2,483      
Love the interview with Georgi. He also sounds pretty confident in his ability to shoot the three which I love. Confidence is a huge part of excelling in sport. Plus given that I bet he is a solid free throw shooter as well. That was an issue from TJL and Ebo. I think Ebo will certainly improve though. I am not sure about Kane's offensive game but if he bulks up we will certainly have an impact on D.

Missed the Georgi interview for some reason, can you provide the link, please?

#2,485      

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
My question is show in the hell did Cuonzo win 20 games his first year without his best player. And they were in a lot deeper funk than we were. Coach Brad Underwood can outcoach him. I sure don't think It is going to take 3 years for BU to get us on the path we want.:illinois:

I’m inclined to believe that too, but this recruiting season sure makes me nervous. If MU ends up getting Ramey, I don’t know how I’ll feel about this staff. Now with Mack going to Pitt, I’m sure they’ll become a major recruiting adversary. Xavier was always tough going H to H, but I’m sure over time could be even tougher. With me the verdict is still out on the recruiting. Had some great wins, but overall, I’m meh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#2,486      
Probably good reasons for not pursuing, but 2016 #60 rsci power forward Mathew Moyer is transferring from Syracuse. Also, 2016 #64 James Banks is transferring from Texas. Might scare off Okoro, and either would have to sit a year, to play two. Most years we would probably be interested.

My take.

Take the first guy who *wants* to come. Groce played the wait game and lost everything. If Okoro wants to come he should not wait.

#2,487      

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
I was pretty young but I still remember that 09 team shocking everyone with how good we played that year. Man, Chester Frazier was probably one of the best defensive players period we've had in the last 25 years, he set the tone for that squad. Such a shame how he got injured before the tourney.

I really wonder if Bruce did better with lesser talented players because they were easier to coach to his exact style? Idk, his results at K State seem to back that up but who knows...

Just saw that they are hot on the trail for Austin Trice. Did we slow walk him to the point where he’s no longer a viable signee? Apparently they like his 12+ rpg and feel it can translate to the major college level. I think we need rebounding . . .

#2,488      

illini80

Forgottonia
Just saw that they are hot on the trail for Austin Trice. Did we slow walk him to the point where he’s no longer a viable signee? Apparently they like his 12+ rpg and feel it can translate to the major college level. I think we need rebounding . . .

Probably. It appears we feel fairly confident in getting Jones or Hinson and Trice doesn't have a good shot.

#2,489      

CB for Trice to the Fighting Brucie's

#2,491      

breadman

Herndon, VA
Just saw today that Bagley III is going pro. Does that mean we have another schollie available? I'm so confused...

#2,494      
Like Ryan Luther as a grad transfer if healthy. Looks to be very comfortable in an offense similiar to BU. Can post, hit midrange jumpers and 3's.

#2,495      

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Miller and Okoro. Those 2 are must gets. I believe that Liddell is lost when Smith didn't work and if Ayo works here than Okoro has a better than average chance of landing too. That kid is an absolute animal.

Smith has nothing to do with Liddell. Ramey and Okoro are much more important in the Liddell sweepstakes.

#2,498      
Smith has nothing to do with Liddell. Ramey and Okoro are much more important in the Liddell sweepstakes.

Agreed. Smith and Liddell know each other, but it isn't like they went to the same schools and are buddies. Liddell will do what is right for him.

#2,499      
Matic you think will be leaving with BU signing two bigs. Anyone know if Jones plans on visiting anyone else before Wens the 11th?

Status
Not open for further replies.