Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,076      

illini80

Forgottonia
Word on the street is, if they are on the MIF, we have first right of refusal. Just wait and see how this starts playing out.

And we will be getting a big soon. Going through the process right now. The admissions office is busy.

Let me tell you something my great grandma used to say, feed the noisiest cattle first, and you will always make the group happy.
Hoping Ole Ward is right on this. The cattle on this board are bellering pretty loud these days.

#2,078      
We should have hired an assistant with close ties to Chicago or the MIF longgggggg ago. We did good with Chin. Hopefully it brings us Miller and Whitney

#2,089      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
#2,090      

IlliniDent

Chicago, IL
Time to focus on '19 recruits and if anything presents itself a 5th year big but nice to not have to chase '18s anymore.

To add to the above comment, I don't think our recruiting of 18s hurts us much with the 19 class but still, nice to be done with it.

#2,091      

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Good Lord, GMAB. Just because we're trying to add to our '18 class, hardly means that we're slacking off on '19s.

Amen, it's like no one on the staff can multi task... I sure hope we can wrap up our 2019 recruiting soon so we can focus on the 2020 class... :eek:

:chief:

#2,092      
Amen, it's like no one on the staff can multi task... I sure hope we can wrap up our 2019 recruiting soon so we can focus on the 2020 class... :eek:

:chief:

It would seem that we're in a strong position with Whitney, who is ~ top 15 in '19. Plays for MIF and Irvin just talked about how much he respects and likes Coach U. Plus, he has referred to Ayo as his big brother and says that he loves playing with Ayo because he always gets the ball to him in great positions on the floor. We also have multiple CBs for Terry Shannon, so it would appear we're already inn fine shape for '19 and can concentrate on getting one of a couple high ranked bigs we're after.

#2,096      
I don't post very often but read a lot here. I'm a bit confused. After getting a commitment from a quality player in a position we really need I haven't seen hardly any enthusiasm here on the forum. Kind of weird! Anyway, welcome Anthony! Great news!

#2,097      

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
I don't post very often but read a lot here. I'm a bit confused. After getting a commitment from a quality player in a position we really need I haven't seen hardly any enthusiasm here on the forum. Kind of weird! Anyway, welcome Anthony! Great news!

Dan moved all comments on Anthony to the 2018-2019 thread since he’s part of that class...

#2,098      
Maybe some on here should go back and read where we've already offered a 2020 kid.

#2,099      

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
Maybe some on here should go back and read where we've already offered a 2020 kid.

That would disrupt their narrative and we all know you have to control the narrative. [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.