Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4,076      
eh..I think he picks Iowa State. If the Illini were winning, why would BU have to come in and give him an in home visit after having just left campus? If every coach is going back in one last time, I guess it could be anyone, but if only Illinois coaches are the ones going in one last time, I think we are on the outside looking in.

#4,077      

drillini

Lindenhurst, IL
eh..I think he picks Iowa State. If the Illini were winning, why would BU have to come in and give him an in home visit after having just left campus? If every coach is going back in one last time, I guess it could be anyone, but if only Illinois coaches are the ones going in one last time, I think we are on the outside looking in.

I believe I read from an Iowa St writer that all 3 schools supposedly would have in home visits this week.

#4,079      
History (most recent history especially included) shows that being the last visit often goes in that schools favor. I like our chances and think we have a 33.33334% rather than the 33.33333’s...

#4,081      
What was the source of the stuff about Ayo recruiting him? It sure doesn't seem to match up with Ayo's comments in public interviews where hes been pretty disinterested in the subject.

I'm with you, all I have heard is AYO say something like""I am committed to Illinois, and I will do what ever BU wants me to do to help us get where we want to be, but right now im just working on my game and getting ready for my SR year"" never has he said he was recruiting THT or anyone

#4,082      

Disagree, if they were told they were out then they wouldn't come. So they think they still have a shot or are securing a commitment. I think it a positive.

#4,083      

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
C’mon, dominos! Fall!

1361304798_dominoes_launch_fail.gif

#4,084      
I would put some credence to the order that the in-home visits take place as well...

Iowa State, Xavier, Illinois

Illinois, Iowa State, Xavier etc...

Iowa State seems to have no less than 4 players that he might be in direct contention for playing time for, even past this year.

Xavier seems to have no less than 4-5 after this year for playing time.

Illinois seems to have no less than 4 players that time will be divided between as well, so...

Based on past history, he commits to the least suspected team. Xavier...based on our recent coup if you will, we have a streak started, so he chooses us and keeps the train of momentum going!!!

#4,086      
I would put some credence to the order that the in-home visits take place as well...

Iowa State, Xavier, Illinois

Illinois, Iowa State, Xavier etc...

Iowa State seems to have no less than 4 players that he might be in direct contention for playing time for, even past this year.

Xavier seems to have no less than 4-5 after this year for playing time.

Illinois seems to have no less than 4 players that time will be divided between as well, so...

Based on past history, he commits to the least suspected team. Xavier...based on our recent coup if you will, we have a streak started, so he chooses us and keeps the train of momentum going!!!

I too think he is going to Xavier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4,088      

whovous

Washington, DC
#4,091      
Getting Ayo means everything to me! Imo he is the biggest prize that we could have possibly got and without a doubt is our biggest commit in a long long time. If a rift with another player or whatever the cases is may cause us to potentially lose him I want no part of it! ILL-AYO

#4,097      

Illini_1979

Oregon
THT schedules his announcement soon after visiting the beloved. To me this is a very clear statement that:

1. BU and company sealed the deal during the visit and THT now knows that UI is where he belongs, or

2. The visit confirmed to THT that UI is not where he wants to be and he is now ready to commit to ISU (or somewhere else).

It's clear as mud to me.

I guess we'll find out Thursday.

I am, of course, hoping for number 1. :illinois:

#4,100      

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
I'm thankful we got Ayo. I don't have my hopes up on THT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.