Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest are good but why would Ayo choose Mid major Xavier over B10 Illini...

That is the only puzzling this I saw with your hate to be DD post unless Xavier is saying he will be a starter from day 1......that might peek his interest because right now we are guard heavy....

If he comes to Illinois he is going to start from day one as well

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
What if we lose Ayo to Xavier?
What if we lose Conditt to ISU?
What if we lose Nolley to VaTech?
What if we lose CC to UM?
What if we lose THT to the other 6 or anyone of his Crystal Ball predictions :D.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but it is entirely feasible.

Then we'll STILL have the most exciting Illini basketball we've had in 10+ years. Coaching can do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dvick217

San Diego
If you follow any of the Illini (piper)recruiting guys..... looks like are trending down for the Illini. This is based off just comments on his article.

What if we lose Ayo to Xavier?
What if we lose Conditt to ISU?
What if we lose Nolley to VaTech?
What if we lose CC to UM?
What if we lose THT to the other 6 or anyone of his Crystal Ball predictions :D.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but it is entirely feasible.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is pretty much the way it looks to me.

RELAX..... After this season recruiting will no longer be a big issue. Yes there will still be misses on some big talent but this staff will bring in talent that fits their system and also have a 4 star or 5 star next to them. Watch this young talent this year take to this system and get Ws that we haven't done in the past 5 yrs. I'm pumped #WeWillWin

Sounds like this is turning into a big fail. As with all Illini athletics. Maybe football frustrations have me down but this whole "we will win" has me wondering if it will be this century....

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Honestly, none of these recruitments seem particularly high drama. This isn't Brian Bowen or even Elijah Thomas. Hard to criticize any of our priority targets for the way they've handled their recruitments at this point.

These kids get to commit one time in their life, and the decision they make will reverberate across social media for a good day or two. If you're 17 years old, that's pretty darn cool. They deserve to have a little bit of fun with this and create a bit of drama.

Way too level headed, are you sure you are in the right place? :D

Deleted member 10676

D
If you follow any of the Illini (piper)recruiting guys..... looks like are trending down for the Illini. This is based off just comments on his article.

yeah, the gifs on that tweet pretty much tell the story.
Had to chuckle at this one (I can afford to I guess, since I don't follow football.) ''Could be worse. I could be a Chicago bears fan..... Oh, wait"

Gbug24�� @george_conditt
I will be changing my announcements time for tomorrow to 4:00

Good, 7:30 am is just too early for me.

And m changing my crystal ball prediction to 4:05 :D

I liked the 7:30 better. I'll be busy at 4:00 :eek:

Good luck either way George

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Recruiting is like a Bob Ross painting. There are many moments along the process where you say Bob, you just screwed it up followed by moments of brilliance followed by even more trepidation. But in the end it usually works itself out into a thing of beauty.

Let's just hope Underwood is our Bob Ross.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry. Late to the party, but I love the Bob Ross reference. He had a cult-like following while I was at the U of I. :D

RELAX..... After this season recruiting will no longer be a big issue. Yes there will still be misses on some big talent but this staff will bring in talent that fits their system and also have a 4 star or 5 star next to them. Watch this young talent this year take to this system and get Ws that we haven't done in the past 5 yrs. I'm pumped #WeWillWin

I agree. I like how things look for both sports, I like how the future looks.

PJD86

Texas
looks like an 0 fer on Bigs, do we look elsewhere or take 3 non-bigs......

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
It's pretty interesting Dakich basically slanders Underwood all week saying guilty by association and saying he should be fired right before Castleton visits Michigan (who Dan's son was playing for". Good times.

Yeah I always stick up for Dickitch when people slam him on the calls on basketball games. I think that's over with. His comments were totally out of bounds for a professional commentator no matter if they were directed at us or not.:tsk:

It's pretty interesting Dakich basically slanders Underwood all week saying guilty by association and saying he should be fired right before Castleton visits Michigan (who Dan's son was playing for". Good times.

Umm...Ohio State now right?

sacraig

The desert
Everything I'm hearing, yes

CIQMCfL.jpg

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
I feel like this is being overlooked...go check his post on Alstork on May 24th http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=1315206&postcount=1545 before Alstork committed!

unless you are the same person on 2 login screens - how on EARTH would you remember (then want to go and FIND) this information?

I've said it before - but man, you people that keep track of this - it's serious business. If we get my favorite class of Ayo, THT, CC, and Nolley - i want to buy someone a beer after a game!

I don't know if Dakich had an horse in this race but I am quite sure other coaches are using it against hm in negative recruiting. I'm sure they are reminding families about the situation and trying to make them think twice by placing doubt about what might happen.

If Big George is al Illini at 4 tomorrow, CC wont be coming here

AYO, THT Conditt is my new guess

Nolley who knows

and you will see the staff going all out for BPJ no matter what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.