Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal with Do Not Contact Tag

giphy.gif

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
What happened to Elias Valtonen? He was a flash in the pan here for like a day - then nothing - Euro interest shifted to Kisunas. I liked Elias' highlights a lot.

While also acknowledging the best joke ever that we've never seen a highlight tape of all missed shots. :thumb:

My daughter has 0% interest in staying in state for college (jr in hs). Yes, daddy hearing $$$$$ sounds.

Sadly, there are plenty of schools with out of state tuition that are lower than Illinois' in-state price.

It's looking worse for the '18 class, but it's not finished yet. We still have big names on the board. And let's remind ourselves that our '17 class looks extremely promising and we were all buying into #WeWillWin 3 months ago when we were in the same situation we are now. Trust the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just Basketball players leaving Illinois for school. Illinois has the second highest number of students leaving the state for college overall.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/26/us/college-student-migration.html?mcubz=3

http://www.sj-r.com/news/20170930/getting-out-many-students-leaving-illinois-to-attend-college

True, but this likely has more to do with rising costs, difficulty of getting into the top tier school (i.e. U of I), and the sheer population of students that comes out of Chicago. For those that would receive a scholarship, all of the above would not be a factor (outside of the social factor of seeing friends leave the state).

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Sadly, there are plenty of schools with out of state tuition that are lower than Illinois' in-state price.

She agreed to apply and get into UI, so that I can use it as a negotiating point with out of state schools. It's worth a shot.

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
He wouldn't have fit Underwood's system, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.