Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,776      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
3afc648dfd6e00f0660041f0902566f6ae1cf9f1_original.jpg

lawsuit-resize.jpg

cows-moo.jpg

#1,777      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Highly doubtful. He had a very good college career for Iowa. Hit the game winning buzzer beater in the sweet 16 to send the Hawks to the regional final against UNLV. Gamble played in the NBA too. That's not a "marginal" career.

Yeah, forgot he played in the NBA. Just remembered that I hated him and Horton at Iowa. ;)

#1,781      
So much for the Finn......

recruiting for 2018 all comes down to this weekend and Ayo.

#1,788      
Finnish four-star wing Elias Valtonen just committed to Arizona State, he tells Scout

https://scout.com/college/basketbal...s-Valtonen-commits-to-Arizona-State-108838918

In the Godfather, Vito Corlone always insisted on being immediately notified of bad news. It's a good thing he wasn't an Illini basketball fan or he might be forced to change his stance on that because there's no good news on the class of 2018 yet. Lets hope Ayo signs on the dotted line soon and is wearing orange and blue. :illinois:

#1,791      

illini67

springfield
Highly doubtful. He had a very good college career for Iowa. Hit the game winning buzzer beater in the sweet 16 to send the Hawks to the regional final against UNLV. Gamble played in the NBA too. That's not a "marginal" career.
I went to school with Kevin, I was jealous he played with Bird, I think he had a great career in the NBA.
I hated Horton too. Gamble I always liked though. Seemed like a good guy...
I got into fights with Horton and his little brother, Gamble was always nice and respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,793      

EJ33

San Francisco
Finnish four-star wing Elias Valtonen just committed to Arizona State, he tells Scout

https://scout.com/college/basketbal...s-Valtonen-commits-to-Arizona-State-108838918

Woah. Most of these things would/should apply to Illinois & Underwood:

"One reason was the coaching staff," Valtonen said when asked about his pledge. "I like their style of play and how they play quick up and down basketball. I think I can get better as a guard there."

"When I first got [to Arizona State] I felt like I was at another home," Valtonen said. "I also like the Pac 12."

"[Coach Hurley] teaches all the little things in practice," he said. "They do a lot of skill work, which I really like."

"I think Arizona State's three guard offense is something that really intrigued Elias," Möttölä said.

"He really wants to develop his guard skills," he added. "He has the athleticism and guard skills to be able to do that and coach Hurley is a great coach to be able to help him with that develop."

#1,796      

SublimeBeast

Dieterich, IL

This is exactly the thinking WF fans have as well. They have a great '18 class coming in.

Wake Forest, on the other hand, is looking at Dosunmu to be the final piece in a class that is hoping to put Danny Manning and the Demon Deacons back in the conversation among the top teams in the ACC. Wake has already secured verbal commitments from two four-star wings, and landing Dosunmu would likely catapult their class into the top five.
https://theloopsports.com/2017/10/13/illini-hoops-all-eyes-on-ayo-ahead-of-visit/

#1,797      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
I went to school with Kevin, I was jealous he played with Bird, I think he had a great career in the NBA.

I got into fights with Horton and his little brother, Gamble was always nice and respectful.

LHS FTW :) #Lions

#1,799      
Woah. Most of these things would/should apply to Illinois & Underwood:

I'm guessing recruits just aren't buying what Underwood and his staff are selling. Wow, whiff after whiff. Hopes this strikeout string ends soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.