Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
I'll go with:
55% Ayo, Nolley
50% Conditt
33% THT, Castleton
25% Sow, Finke
15% Hayes

Altogether, that's only like 1 3/4 players total. I thought we had three rides. Where does the other 1 1/4 players come from?

Smacko

Lexington, KY
Penn-Johnson is a longshot so I wouldn't get your hopes up there. The kid is great and I would love to have him, but he is in no hurry to make a decision and we are probably not in heavy contention at this point.

Altogether, that's only like 1 3/4 players total. I thought we had three rides. Where does the other 1 1/4 players come from?

Some years that is how a walk-on gets a one year scholarship.
Hope this isn't the year.

Conditt's Dad tweeting to Griffin "congratulations and welcome to Cyclone nation" and then tweets "great job (Iowa State) coaches".

Doesn't surprise me to read this. ZG/Conditt/THT have tweeted back and forth a lot.. Especially back while all 3 were still first came onto the scene while Ayo was getting all the Chicago hype and the Irvins were taking shots at THT.

I wish the staff had played the ZG recruitment differently. I think he's going to be great at the next level and he may make a difference with Conditt which is no given at Illinois.

illini39

Barrington, IL
All this white knuckle stuff is the way it's going to be going forward. Going after great players is a way of life only the bluebloods live generally. To be great you have to get great players. They take all their visits and you are constantly juggling egos and committable offers. This is where we want to be. Let this staff do their job.

Deleted member 10676

D
USC bringing in all their commits this weekend for Ayo (Taeshon Cherry, Kevin Porter Jr, J'Raan Brooks). Let's hope it works as well as it did when we did that with Wilkes.

Taeshon Cherry*‏ @tcherry002 11h11 hours ago
This weekend going uppppp @Kid_Groovy @JraanBrooks @AyoDos_11 !!! We all in LA

Chris Yates

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan

Conditt and a bunch of quarter-pounders (as the 1/4) to put some weight on him. ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.34.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.34.26 AM.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 251
This stuff with Ayo is giving me a familiar feeling. I hope Illinois can clutch this one.

USC likely selling the LA lifestyle and scrimmages against NBA players in the summer.

USC bringing in all their commits this weekend for Ayo (Taeshon Cherry, Kevin Porter Jr, J'Raan Brooks). Let's hope it works as well as it did when we did that with Wilkes.

Taeshon Cherry*‏ @tcherry002 11h11 hours ago
This weekend going uppppp @Kid_Groovy @JraanBrooks @AyoDos_11 !!! We all in LA

Two of those kids are top 50, the other top 100. They also all play different positions than Ayo. I'm sure they'll be selling him on hard on playing together with Ayo having the keys to the car. Hopefully it rains in LA this weekend!

What position did George Conditt's dad play for Iowa St?

Two of those kids are top 50, the other top 100. They also all play different positions than Ayo. I'm sure they'll be selling him on hard on playing together with Ayo having the keys to the car. Hopefully it rains in LA this weekend!

Seems it never rains in Southern California,
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before,
It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya it pours, man, it pours.

Oh, I didn't realize he played football. I suppose I assumed he played basketball for Iowa St. I guess why I asked is that it surprises me that Conditt is so raw considering his dad played college sports. You would think that Conditt would have at least learned the basics of fitness/working out from his dad's experience in college.

Magoo222

St Louis, MO
Seems it never rains in Southern California,
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before,
It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya it pours, man, it pours.

"I wanna go home":shield:

A lot of drama is message board driven. What drama are you seeing with Ayo? That he is taking advantage of his in-home and official visits? I thought Smith had one of the least drama filled recruitments in recent memory. Especially given his meteor like rise. He had a few in homes, a few officials and then committed. I dont consider that drama. Isnt Ayo's recruitment exactly the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.