Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,627      
In fairness accurate calls should be listed too.

Plus who cares if they get things wrong? Lefty clearly has connections and I am grateful when he/she shares.

I agree if no one shared even if they get a few wrong this board would be boreing

#1,628      
In fairness accurate calls should be listed too.

Plus who cares if they get things wrong? Lefty clearly has connections and I am grateful when he/she shares.

Which ones did he get right?

#1,633      

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
Do people really keep records of who predicted which recruit to go where?:confused: seems like entirely too much to care about. Is it a competition? :whoo:? I can't remember who posted what from yesterday.

Go Illini :chief:

#1,635      

MDchicago

Lake Norman NC
Show me the cancelled check...

Sherron Collins, the ultimate Illini silent commit.. Anthony Longstreet and the famous "show me the canceled check.":D

bill-self-adidas-gif-9244617

#1,637      

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
We shall see.

Landing THT, Castleton, Nolley, and Ayo in the same month would be one heck of a start for BU.:shield:

Whatever reservations that some fans still have about Underwood would be relinquished in this scenario. Additionally, this would almost assuredly have far reaching effects because Chicago kids may consider coming to Illinois an option and the success that those 4 would bring on the court would definitely improve future classes.

#1,638      

Deleted member 631370

D
So which posters have a stellar record? Please list them. Give their percentages while you are checking your records. Are you one of them?

Only a verified insider has a consistent track record of success, and there's only one such verified insider on this board. :thumb:

In all seriousness, there are a few dudes who have gotten some key predictions right. Beyond that, almost every "insider" has a fairly mixed bag of success. But it's fascinating to see how certain people anchor on either the insider's successes or failures depending on what they want to hear.

#1,640      
Wonder exactly how much of a chance we have with THT. It would make sense to put us above some other teams on his list but it just doesn't seem like he's been extremely interested in us at any point during his recruitment. With that being said, he remains clear priority #2 if he's telling Chin we have a chance. Adding Ayo and THT to the backcourt we have already would make us very legit very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,642      

Smacko

Lexington, KY
Wonder exactly how much of a chance we have with THT. It would make sense to put us above some other teams on his list but it just doesn't seem like he's been extremely interested in us at any point during his recruitment. With that being said, he remains clear priority #2 if he's telling Chin we have a chance. Adding Ayo and THT to the backcourt we have already would make us very legit very fast.

His other major options are dwindling. Michigan State is pretty much full, same with Michigan. Same with Ohio State.

#1,643      
His other major options are dwindling. Michigan State is pretty much full, same with Michigan. Same with Ohio State.

That's exactly what I'm thinking... seems like everything is going the right way for us but still not sure how interested he even is. I hope Chin did some major work. I see THT as a diamond in the rough with his ability to play and defend multiple positions for us.

#1,645      
What happens now to the "non-tainted" verbal commits from the impacted schools? Are they going to come back on the (and I apologize for the use of the term) "market" and potentially take up spots from other players who will then be forced to reopen their recruitments? For the recruiting experts on the board, assuming that no Letter of Intent has been signed, what do the school and player owe each other based on a verbal commit?

#1,646      

Smacko

Lexington, KY
What happens now to the "non-tainted" verbal commits from the impacted schools? Are they going to come back on the (and I apologize for the use of the term) "market" and potentially take up spots from other players who will then be forced to reopen their recruitments? For the recruiting experts on the board, assuming that no Letter of Intent has been signed, what do the school and player owe each other based on a verbal commit?

They owe each other nothing. A kid can very easily announce that they are re-opening their recruitment. As for the school, if the school announces they are dropping a kid they could get bad press, but that's about it.

#1,647      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
That's exactly what I'm thinking... seems like everything is going the right way for us but still not sure how interested he even is. I hope Chin did some major work. I see THT as a diamond in the rough with his ability to play and defend multiple positions for us.

OK, guilty of parsing your words. But I strongly disagree w/your assessment that THT is a "diamond in the rough." I think the kid is a monster and his game is tailor made for BU's offense.

Is he a finished product? Of course not. But his game is so advanced for a HS senior, it makes an old hoops junkie like me drool with anticipation.

THT has played his recruitment very close to his vest, but it sure looks like he's giving us serious consideration.

#1,648      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Bowen is radioactive. Highly, highly doubt he ever plays college ball.

#1,649      

How do we know he can guard multiple positions? How do we know he can guard at all? I know we like the Draymond comp but does he have that mindset? He's talented offensively, no doubt but a little too early to say he can even guard a paper bag

#1,650      
Clearly, Bowen and the kid committed to Arizona, among others, seem unlikely to play for an NCAA institution; my question was more about other commits to these schools (and other implicated schools) who were not alleged to have participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.