The 2014 Illini Nike Uniforms and Rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illini4Reel

Champaign, IL.
Josh Getzoff ‏@JGetzoffWICD 4m

Spoke w/John Groce. Told me his favorite jersey isn't available to eyes yet. "We still have some tricks in our pocket." Fighting #Illini?

Not the cleanest video on my computer. Hope they look better in action. The athletes looked somewhat embarrassed. Not quite the swagger you'd expect from people that loved their unis.

Because they aren't models and had maybe an hour to prep through everything, it's not a known setting for them.

Dan

Admin
RT @ALionEye
Pant stripe pic.twitter.com/V2HzGmFPgx

BlYk4JfCUAA-3V-.jpg

BlYkuy-CAAIwrKO.jpg

BlYksiSCMAEjoDh.jpg

BlYkrXECAAEG2xh.jpg

Kams Bathroom

K
Well, you're never gonna guess what I think the best part of this is...

So basically we still have two tone lettering, no Fighting Illini, worse basketball uniforms, the boring Block I, and a really basic secondary logo. Thanks Nike.

One mans opinion, i love the basketball unis, how old are you?? I think the old generation hates em, young likes em.

Dan

Admin
RT @ALionEye
Mike Thomas' daughter gets to play along. pic.twitter.com/BRexO1SwiP

BlYkQeECAAART2V.jpg

BlYjs36CAAAsnMV.jpg

BlYkDj_CAAAKoPu.jpg

IbanezHRC

I
typically I would say that the feather motif down the sides is too much but I'll take a Chief reference any way I can get it...and yes it is definitely a Chief reference.

If the ZigZags are truly a nod to the Chief then I will take back all of the bad things I said about them.

Fort Worth Illini

F
Pretty obvious it resembles the chief headdress. Anything chief related I'm all for it.

Yep me too. Obviously they can't come out and say "these zigzags represent our past Chief Illiniwek logo". Then we would be "hostile and abusive" :rolleyes

The one thing I really don't like is that there is nothing that says Fighting Illini. Seriously if Nike made Fighting Ducks jerseys for Oregon they could have made A Fighting Illini version

illiniCA

DC Area
RT @ALionEye
I'm taking a pic of the logos and Tim Beckman's hand gets in the way. That's his favorite. pic.twitter.com/o8LV8HwoaC

BlYlfQiCMAEirHu.jpg

This pic makes we thing fighting illini is going to be on jerseys soon.

ILLINIWEK86

Dick Vitale walks into a bar..
Fisher
I'm probably being bias/hopeful, but the impression I got was that those "zigzags" people keep calling themm are clearly the outlines of a head dress. What did people expect? It is a college right in the middle of blue collar, Central Illinois and surrounded by corn/bean fields. I honestly think they did the best with what they had to work with if the UofI was going to "respect the past, represent the future." It's clean, it's simple and it doesn't look like they are trying too hard. If they would have went too far over the top trying to impress people obsessed with trendy and flashy uniforms it would not have made one bit of sense, given the University and it's location. Great Job, Nike!

Go Illini!

Dan

Admin
RT @IlliniAthletics
LOVE the new @IlliniHoops unis. @nike #rebrand pic.twitter.com/cnKJAXTzz4
BlYja5xCUAEyZVM.jpg

RT @ALionEye
Groce is taking pics too. pic.twitter.com/PfjMn28NWf
BlYjOaKCcAAOyak.jpg

My one question: why r the numbers blue on white basketball jersey, but orange on white football jersey? the only inconsistency.

Jeremy Werner who is there is person says its feathers

Jeremy Werner @WernerESPNCU · 19m
Yeah, that is definitely a feather look on bball jerseys. Illinois won't say that though.

Dan

Admin
RT @ALionEye 16m
pic.twitter.com/w4tbh1Ooft
BlYjMtDCMAAeZmk.jpg

RT @IlliniAthletics
New @IlliniFootball uniform set from the #Illini @nike #rebrand. #hot pic.twitter.com/VYLUt48zRj
BlYjJB-CQAElfK2.jpg

colbeck1

Johns Creek, GA
One mans opinion, i love the basketball unis, how old are you?? I think the old generation hates em, young likes em.

I am 37 and love the basketball uniforms. Not sure if that make me old, but I am definitely past my college years.

Shief

Champaign Area

Great helmets! Blue looks a drab though. I was kind of hoping that the football uniforms would have more flash to them like the men's basketball ones but I may have missed something.

Men's basketball uniforms, love the zigzags ;) :chief:

Lebowski

L

Ill be 33 this summer. I hope that's what it is because I think these are my least favorite uniforms I've seen the beloved wear. I hope they look different on the court or something. I was really hoping we didnt get the capri style shorts. I was hoping for the Kentucky style or Kansas where they're just at or barely below the knee.

illiniCA

DC Area
I take it back as well. I now see the chief reference is obvious. I don't think any other schools will understand that though

MikeThomas4Prez

M
The more I look at he zigzag/headress homage the more I like it. The pictures certainly look better than that video feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.