Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illini Basketball 2018-2019

Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:13 PM   #626
Sizzler22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacraig View Post
Why should he have to do that? To appease a message board? If players and coaches spent time to squash every message board rumor that popped up, they'd never have time for basketball.

Also, for what it's worth, someone reported on here yesterday that he said on some kind of Instagram stream not to believe the rumors. I obviously can't confirm that, of course.
Whooaaa easy there, all Iím saying is that it bothered me, Iím extremely impatient. Iím not questioning his decision to appease people or not appease people.
Sizzler22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:13 PM   #627
Second and Chalmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniguy24 View Post
If Ebo is leaving, youíd have to wonder if they knew about it during the Francis recruitment. Would be hard to not sell having literally all the playing time you want.
Ebo wouldn't have taken a millisecond of PT away from Okoro. Okoro rejected all-you-can-eat minutes from day 1 at UI to sit on the bench and learn and win at Oregon. Those are the facts.
Second and Chalmers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:46 PM   #628
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by combes View Post
Feliz will start.
A voice of reason!
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:49 PM   #629
ChiefIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by combes View Post
Feliz will start.
Assuming at the 5?
ChiefIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:52 PM   #630
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
Assuming at the 5?
Positionless....
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 03:57 PM   #631
FC Illiniman
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitmans Sampler View Post
Ebo was doing an Instagram live feed about 30 mins ago of him just relaxing in his room and playing xbox...viewers were asking him if the rumors were true and he said not to believe it.
So you viewed feed, did any others?

Last edited by Dan; Jun 6, 2018 at 04:17 PM.
FC Illiniman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 05:24 PM   #632
Whitmans Sampler
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Illiniman View Post
So you viewed feed, did any others?
If I remember correctly about 15 others were watching at the time I was, but the replay was available to watch throughout the night. It was a very unexciting feed of him just chilling and talking to friends who were also viewing. A few people just happened to submit questions about the rumors, Ebo disregarded them at first and then later said to not believe it if it didn’t come from his mouth. He was also doing a joint live feed with Monte for a bit, all in good spirits cracking jokes left and right. I wouldn’t be worried.

Last edited by Whitmans Sampler; Jun 6, 2018 at 05:27 PM.
Whitmans Sampler is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 05:49 PM   #633
FC Illiniman
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitmans Sampler View Post
If I remember correctly about 15 others were watching at the time I was, but the replay was available to watch throughout the night. It was a very unexciting feed of him just chilling and talking to friends who were also viewing. A few people just happened to submit questions about the rumors, Ebo disregarded them at first and then later said to not believe it if it didnít come from his mouth. He was also doing a joint live feed with Monte for a bit, all in good spirits cracking jokes left and right. I wouldnít be worried.
Amazing technology any more, thanks. Guys just chatting on video. You would hope , that all is good. Stories get started with little or nothing. Maybe this puts it to rest
FC Illiniman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 05:59 PM   #634
SescIllini
Rumor is that Ebo will start next year.
SescIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 06:02 PM   #635
illini62707
Feliz aint gonna start
illini62707 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 06:12 PM   #636
TALKTOCHUCK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second and Chalmers View Post
Ebo wouldn't have taken a millisecond of PT away from Okoro. Okoro rejected all-you-can-eat minutes from day 1 at UI to sit on the bench and learn and win at Oregon. Those are the facts.
100% opinion. May end up being a fact but that is an absolute opinion by definition.
TALKTOCHUCK is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 06:58 PM   #637
Desert Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini62707 View Post
Feliz aint gonna start

I believe that he will.

He will also being throwin' up some Oops to Ebo.
Desert Illini is online now Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 08:00 PM   #638
GolfFan1
I am thrilled Underwood got Ayo. I still cannot believe he landed Tevian Jones. If Samba Kane becomes a Pro, that will be 3 of the best players the Illini have had in the last 20 years.
GolfFan1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2018, 08:18 PM   #639
Whitmans Sampler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfFan1 View Post
I am thrilled Underwood got Ayo. I still cannot believe he landed Tevian Jones. If Samba Kane becomes a Pro, that will be 3 of the best players the Illini have had in the last 20 years.
+1 Baffling how Tevian Jones didn’t have more high major offers.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:07 PM   #640
Whitmans Sampler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgoldie View Post
Wait a "joint live feed"??

Like this...?
Joint as in “combined”
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:30 PM   #641
Illini B-Ball Fan
Light 'em up if you got 'em, open shots from downtown that is, like Kevin Durant.

Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:32 AM   #642
tpbradley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini B-Ball Fan View Post
Light 'em up if you got 'em, open shots from downtown that is, like Kevin Durant.
Folks, weed love it if you could just stay on topic while we try to hash this issue out. This is a big reason why this board has ganja to the dogs. At the very least, could we just spliff the difference? It really cannabis this difficult, right?
tpbradley is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:58 AM   #643
RedRocksIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbradley View Post
Folks, weed love it if you could just stay on topic while we try to hash this issue out. This is a big reason why this board has ganja to the dogs. At the very least, could we just spliff the difference? It really cannabis this difficult, right?
Well done, sir, if I may be blunt.
RedRocksIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:58 AM   #644
illiniguy24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbradley View Post

LOL well done Snoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
illiniguy24 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 08:08 AM   #645
Peoria Illini
Just rewatched the Big Ten show on the 1989 Flyin' Illini that I had on the DVR. Talked back then of those guys all being pretty similar height and playing positionless basketball. Those guys were all athletes and as Bardo called themselves, "junkyard dogs". We get that mentality back, and these guys can start something special. I believe guys like Frazier, Ayo, Tevian and Alan can be those junkyard dogs!
Peoria Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 09:37 AM   #646
TheGMan
https://sports.yahoo.com/two-days-re...-sh&soc_trk=tw

Good article on Ayo. Looks like he has taken the criticism of his outside shot's release to heart and has made some good progress on it already. Between this and him stating that he wanted to focus on defense to get on the USA team, I'm really loving that he seems to be a really smart, hard-working kid/player.
TheGMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:46 AM   #647
chiefini
Ebo will transfer

https://twitter.com/gregOfficial__/s...79941467250689
https://247sports.com/Article/Greg-E...nois-118811247

‎"There is an uncommon spirit known only by those who call themselves Illini...It is a dignified spirit portrayed by the Chief. It is a spirit of orange and blue blood and of the young and the old. Once it enters your veins, you will never be the same again." Illini Spirit William Branom, '54 (1932-2012)

Last edited by Dan; Jun 7, 2018 at 11:56 AM.
chiefini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:49 AM   #648
Second and Chalmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefini View Post
Ebo will transfer From Derek Piper: https://247sports.com/Article/Greg-E...nois-118811247
You guys....
Second and Chalmers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:50 AM   #649
Dren1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefini View Post
Ebo will transfer From Derek Piper: https://247sports.com/Article/Greg-E...nois-118811247
I guess Ayo won't have to ask him to give up number 11...
Dren1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:50 AM   #650
kcib8130
not ideal
kcib8130 is offline Reply With Quote