Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > General Sports Talk

Chicago Bears 2017-2018

Old May 6, 2018, 10:48 AM   #501
jrichisamazing
I don't like calling a guy a bust when he never really had a chance to show his talent. Comparing White to a guy like Shea McClellan or McNown just isn't fair. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Old May 6, 2018, 10:52 AM   #502
jrichisamazing
I can't wait to see what this offense looks like. We got Robinson, some are comparing Anthony Miller to AB84, Shaheen could make a big jump, Nagy has the creativity to put Cohen all over the field, and of course we still have Jordan Howard.

Old May 6, 2018, 11:45 AM   #503
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichisamazing View Post
I can't wait to see what this offense looks like. We got Robinson, some are comparing Anthony Miller to AB84, Shaheen could make a big jump, Nagy has the creativity to put Cohen all over the field, and of course we still have Jordan Howard.
If the defense is Top 10, the offense Top half, it could be a fun season.
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2018, 08:39 PM   #504
FiveStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichisamazing View Post
Iím interested to see how they vary offensive looks. Like, Jordan Howardís strength is strong running and not pass catching, and you always wanna put people in position to maximize strengths and hide weaknesses. But how are you gonna scheme so itís not obvious that every time Jordan Howard lines up itís an inside zone run? How are you gonna scheme for Cohen that everytime heís in the backfield itís not an obvious outside run or swing/screen pass?

Varying the looks so defenses canít key on one obvious thing is something bears have been sorely missing for maybe my entire life. We got a chance now, I think. We need to capitalize.
FiveStar is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2018, 08:48 PM   #505
Desert Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Iím interested to see how they vary offensive looks. Like, Jordan Howardís strength is strong running and not pass catching, and you always wanna put people in position to maximize strengths and hide weaknesses. But how are you gonna scheme so itís not obvious that every time Jordan Howard lines up itís an inside zone run? How are you gonna scheme for Cohen that everytime heís in the backfield itís not an obvious outside run or swing/screen pass?

Varying the looks so defenses canít key on one obvious thing is something bears have been sorely missing for maybe my entire life. We got a chance now, I think. We need to capitalize.
I formation?
Desert Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2018, 02:18 PM   #506
champaignchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Illini View Post
I formation?
Yeah. Having them both in the backfield at the same time seems like a pretty obvious solution.

(A solution the previous coaching staff seemed oblivious to.)
champaignchris is offline Reply With Quote